Junior Assuncao on UFC firing: ‘It was personal’

Monday, January 23, 2012

30-year-old Brazilian fighter Junior Assuncao went 1-2 during his first run in the UFC, which ended when he was submitted by Nate Diaz at UFN 11, in September 2007.

Then he put together a six-fight win streak, and returned, beating Eddie Yagin at UFC 135 in his first fight back. At UFC 141 last month he dropped a unanimous decision to Ross Pearson, and now has been released by the UFC.

Via twitter the baffled featherweight expressed thanks to the UFC, and promised to return, again.

I JUST GOT CUT FROM THE UFC!! WOW… APPARENTLY THEY DID NOT LIKE MY LAST FIGHT. THANKS @ufc FOR THE OPPORTUNITY. TO MY FANS, I’LL BE BACK!

THX FOR THE SUPPORT! IM NOT IN CONTROL OF ALL THIS. MY MANAGER SAID IT WILL BE OK. WAS IN A GOOD WIN STREK BEFORE THE LAST FIGHT.SORRY GUYS

The Boss himself told me the fight was good, got a performance $, was in a good win STREAK before that last fight. I DONT UNDERSTAND!

“If I knew I was getting cut I would got the easier fight” I told my Maneger. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND? gotta suck it Up and improve

Guys thanks for supporting! Please don’t hate on the UFC. It’s not @danawhite decision. He liked my last fight. It’s politics behind scenes

The truth will show up soon or later! I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes and no one can tell me ether. keep my mouth shut for now!!

Its not the end,I come from a poor family, we’ve had worst days before. Ready for the next test!!

Like we say in BRAZIL, poor people’s happiness never less long lol

Maybe it was personal, there wasn’t any improper behavior. I’m not the one talking to the UFC so I’m helpless on this decision

No leverage to argue with the UFC. Maybe my “manager” will say something

it was personal

Read entire twitter..