Junior dos Santos out, Justin McCully in v Russow
Fast-rising UFC heavyweight prospect Junior dos Santos (8-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) has been pulled from the the preliminary card at UFC 102, and Justin McCully (9-4-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) will instead face UFC newcomer Mike Russow (11-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
McCully announced the change on today’s edition of MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).
Russow was originally slated to fight UFC newcomer Todd Duffee on the UFC 102 card, but as we reported earlier today, Duffee will instead fight Tim Hague.
With the changes to the card, UFC 102 now includes:
* Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
* Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva
* Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt
* Demian Maia vs. Nate Marquardt
* Matt Hamill vs. Brandon Vera
* Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer
* Wilson Gouveia vs. James Irvin
* Justin McCully vs. Mike Russow
* Todd Duffee vs. Tim Hague
* Nick Catone vs. Mark Munoz
* Evan Dunham vs. Matt Veach