Royce Gracie twitter account hacked, Shane Carwin attack not his

Thursday, November 15, 2012

To call Royce Gracie a pillar of mixed martial arts, would be an understatement. Nineteen years after sweeping UFC 1 with ease, Gracie still has a fight or two left, and travels the world teaching jiu-jitsu. He is an icon of positivity in a world that easily slips in bickering.

Thus it was all surprising in the extreme to see him take to twitter and make an entirely unsubstantiated swipe at Shane Carwin, after he was forced to pull out of the TUF finale fight with Roy Nelson.

So much for the claims @roynelsonmma was trying to get out of the fight with @shanecarwin guess that random test f—– up the cycle and “blew out the knee”

However, Gracie later reported that his Twitter account had been hacked, and that he was not the source of the tweet.

Guys yesterday I am being told that I tweeted something about @shanecarwin that was negative. I never tweeted anything about the man I don’t know him or anything about him. I am being told that someone has taken over. my account. I changed the password hope this doesn’t happen again.

Read entire Twitter…

Carwin is among the most tested athletes in mixed martial arts, and has never tested positive for PEDs, including a test randomely administered a week ago. Long before Carwin entered the UFC, his name was on the customer list of a PED distribution ring that was taken down by authorities. However, as Carwin’s manager explained, they were received from a physician under false pretenses.