Whitehead plea requires registration as a sex offender

Monday, September 12, 2011

MMA fighter Michael Whitehead is expected to be sentenced to probation early next year for an alleged sexual assault on two women that occurred April 10, 2010, in his Las Vegas home.

However, the plea Michael Whitehead negotiated with prosecutors will still mean he will have to register as a sex offender — and will face a lifetime of court supervision.

The judge told him that by his guilty plea he would be subject to lifetime supervision and would be required to register as a sex offender.

The alleged incident happened April 10, 2010, when a woman filed a police report that the MMA fighter had assaulted her.

The woman told police she and a friend had gone to Whitehead’s home for a barbecue, then after drinking, decided not to drive home, according to a police report.

The report said Whitehead told the women they could sleep in his bed.

One of the women said she awoke to find her pants down and Whitehead having sex with her in the bed. Although she repeatedly demanded that he stop, he didn’t for about three minutes, according to the police report.

After the alleged incident, Whitehead sat in a chair in the bedroom, police said. The second woman, who had been next to the woman on the bed, said she witnessed the alleged assault, according to the police report. The second woman alleged that Whitehead had also groped her during the incident, the report said.

Police said after Whitehead surrendered to authorities, police were contacted by the woman, who said she received a text message from Whitehead’s phone that said “Babe I’m really sorry about last night!! I’m very ashamed!”

Read entire article…