White: WWE won’t allow Lesnar to fight in the UFC

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Prior to UFC 214 this summer, Jon Jones and Brock Lesnar engaged in a bitter Twitter quarrel sufficient to believe a fight between the pair could be made. However, several things would have to happen for the fight to be made.

For one, Jones would have to be licensed to fight, and he’s not, since failing an anti-doping test for Turinabol. The odd failure is being investigated, and Jones could end up exonerated. But to make the fight, the WWE would have to allow it, and during a recent appearance on the Dan Le Batard show, UFC president Dana White said that’s not happening.

“Lesnar was still under contract with WWE till next August,” said White, as transcribed by Damon Martin for MMA Weekly. “Who knows what would have happened. I don’t count my chickens anymore, I’ll tell you that.”

White said that the WWE gave permission for Lesnar to fight Mark Hunt at UFC 216 last year, but his PED test failure soured the episode for both sides.

“They didn’t want to do that again,” said White. “You saw what happened last time he was under contract and it doesn’t look good for anybody.”