UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> honest opinion on dogfighting?

5/13/07 7:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brandon Garner
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-May-07
smac1 I am comparing the amount of sanctioning 15 years ago to the amount of sanctioning in mma now. Sorry that wasn't clear enough for you. Also, I think that anyone who would shoot a dog for losing a fight or any reason at all should be shot in return. I believe that dogfighting, just as mma, done properly is not such a bad thing. Don't forget that in the beginning mma was called "human cockfighting". Now, after some sanctioning of the sport it is mainstream and becoming legal in many states. Anyone who allows dogs to fight should be held accountable for the safety of their animals.
5/13/07 7:02 PM
Jeepster
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bywater... well said
5/13/07 7:04 PM
BigBopper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"While I agree with what you are trying to say" You really shouldn't announce to everyone that you are that dumb.
5/13/07 7:07 PM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"maybe 1 percent of dogfights end in a dog dying,guys want to save there dogs for another day or for breeding later down the road."

I am not a dogman, so have no first hand knowledge of this sort of thing.  That said, what I have read (admittedly, not much, because the subject disgusts me), indicates the above is just not true.  While it is somewhat rare for the dog to die during the match, for a dog that "currs", fails to make scratch, it appears most of them are put down, right after the match.  Sam's book seems to indicate this as well. 

5/13/07 7:09 PM
Jeepster
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock1, Predators kill to eat, part of nature. The dogs fight because we have bred them to want to fight! We want them to fight for our pleasure. If we could film this type of event in the wild we probably would, but it just doesn't happen, it is not part of nature.
5/13/07 7:14 PM
smac1

"you should kill your dog if hes aggressive towards people" That's pretty much the job the dog was bred to do. All I have to do is let the dog know that the UPS guy is not a threat and the UPS guy could swing the dog around by it's cock with no retaliation. It's all about good breeding. If you don't think most fighting dogs are at risk of being aggressive towards people who invade their space you are wrong.
5/13/07 7:27 PM
smac1

^ Shenanigans.
5/13/07 7:53 PM
SOLDAT

The worst thing to happen to pitbulls was for them to become popular as "tough guy" dogs. I am in awe of pitbulls as animals but unfortunately they attract the worst types of people. http://www.ultimatebluepitbulls.com/studs.html Breeding dogs like this is about as bad fighting pitbulls.
5/13/07 9:01 PM
Excalibur23

Come on guys.... Some of you sound like the EXACT people that said the same thing about MMA/NHB... Don't be ignorant to what you don't understand. Dogfighting, cockfighting, human-cockfighting, is a choice thing. You either like it or you don't, you either do it or you don't. If you like it fine, if you don't, who gives a hoot... Opinions are like ass-holes, we all have them and they all stink...
5/13/07 10:35 PM
CruJones
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"to see a dog with 3 broken legs,crawling on his belly to get the other dog with his tail wagging shows me the true heart these dogs have.If a pitbull loves to fight,who are we to tell him its barbaric? its as natural to them as letting a bird fly." Holy SHIT!!!!!!... i kinda threw up in my mouth a bit. the only good thing from this thread is that i have just now finally used the ignore feature. there some worthless human beings that i'd rather not know on this site. wow... i don't have words to describe how wrong some of you people are.
5/13/07 11:11 PM
shootfightermike
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/13/07 11:24 PM
MJGardner

i'm against dog fighting...i got my face half bitten off two years ago by a pitbull. I have nothing against pitbulls but the guy who owned the dog, fought the dog and thought it was cool to let his dog roam around the house with guests there. I had to get my septum stiched back in my nose and I have a large scar down the my face from my tear duct to the middle of my cheek. I can handle my own but when the dog snaps and you don't see it coming, there isn't too much you can do to react besides choking it to get it off you. So again, I'm not for dog fighting.
5/13/07 11:27 PM
smac1

^ I terribly sorry to hear about that.
5/13/07 11:29 PM
Jay-dog

"are you fucking retarded? How the fuck is a dog, or any animal a WILLING participant to fight another dog to the death?" I am not condoning it either but you must do some research on the history of game bred pitbulls.I knew dogs that would get down right depressed if they went too long between fighting or atleast training in the yard.
5/13/07 11:29 PM
Cleopatra

Why hasn't this thread been removed?
5/13/07 11:30 PM
MJGardner

thanks, the plastic surgeon did a hell of a job but the scars are still there. Makes good story time when I meet new clients at work.
5/13/07 11:35 PM
FingerorMoon
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC should have dog divisions. It'll be a redneck wonderland.
5/13/07 11:39 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"they have a diff culture and i would never knock it." Some cultures believe in a rigid caste system, some believe in honor killings, some seem to think tribal genocide is ok. Different culture is NO EXCUSE to behave in a barbaric, cruel and ultimately stupid and gutless fashion. Dogfighting and anyone involved in it should be castrated to prevent any reproduction. "culture"? give me a fucking break.
5/13/07 11:43 PM
pulsar

Any way the apologists slice it, dog fighting is for simpletons. AND A BIG LOL@ 'Uninformed UG' people.. Newsflash, we're just the same as any other section of the demographic - part of the reason you just can't use this defence effectively on here, and never have been able to in regard to most topics - you were asking for opinons btw... It's the same as guns and etc with you yanks the "well I want to and you can't stop me" defence. Most progressive. It's this clingyness to 'freedoms and liberties' that will actually one day cause the collapse of them.. Big difference between animals fighting in nature and having knuckle dragging rednecks cheering them on. Lastly, this is an MMA forum, if you don't get support from a forum dedicated to fighting in most of it's forms - you're probably on a losing argument.
5/13/07 11:44 PM
qazzaq

ttt for later
5/13/07 11:44 PM
TtoMyJ14
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone who condones dogfighting doesn't have a dog as pet and should just kill themselves for they should not be part of the living.
5/13/07 11:47 PM
stlnl2

"It's the same as guns and etc with you yanks the "well I want to and you can't stop me" defence." No there are pretty much simple cut and dried laws regarding guns and dog fighting. Dog fighting illegal, Gun ownership granted in our constitution. I dont care for dog fighting, but I dont make dumb shit up to try to create an argument.
5/14/07 12:06 AM
pulsar

Edited: 14-May-07
Well bully to you stlnl. You've done real well on here so far champ.. You just say stuff like" "Dogfighting and anyone involved in it should be castrated to prevent any reproduction." Real effective. True that bywater...
5/14/07 12:06 AM
T Bag

LMFAO@"Dogmen"
5/14/07 12:10 AM
ilk

Anyone who agrees with it is an idiot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.