UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> When Fedor is defeated...

10/14/08 11:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
truthisalive
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/08 11:10 PM

Im the biggest Fedor fan out there...Ive followed all of his fights since his PrideFC debut...Nog was my biggest expectation of what MMA should be...me...being a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner...I remember listening on PalTalk at I think it was around 5 am or 6 am getting play by play from some guy who was at the event on his laptop giving play by play....I was sitting on my pc like NICKMAN9000's MMA fan (who is actually XENOMORPH's alias)....(Spiderman/Peter Parker).....and it wasnt 2 minutes into the fight and this stranger was shouting "No way Nog can keep taking such damage" ect....I was in shock and since then Ive been a Fedor fan to the fullest...

Im getting off track....

Fedor is due to lose...and I get so nervous everytime he fights because Ive had this anticipation for years...but it has failed to happen so far....

BUT WHEN IT DOES...and it will.....

how will Fedor react to the American media discrediting him....all the Fedor haters coming out of the woodwork...ect...Would Putin abandon him....like our government neutralized us....

Every true champion has been legitimized by vengeance....will Fedor be excellent enough to reap vengeance upon the person who slips him off of his throne....

perhaps only time will tell...

Im sure he will.
10/14/08 11:09 PM
TimsLeftNut
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...if he ever fights.
10/14/08 11:11 PM
truthisalive
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^
please you need to come up with something better than that old, stale argument.
10/14/08 11:12 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By the time Fedor loses the sun will already have burned out and life as we know it will be no more.
10/14/08 11:14 PM
truthisalive

Crazy Zimmerman - By the time Fedor loses the sun will already have burned out and life as we know it will be no more.

for the record Zimmerman...that was an amazing assessment.
10/14/08 11:20 PM
NailedtotheSky
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor will pulverize any who are lucky enough to get a cut stoppage on him.
10/14/08 11:20 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Garv has displayed a combination of acute wisdom and a thundering comprehension of the solar system's most provocative and shameless workings
10/14/08 11:28 PM
truthisalive

alabastermaster - "The American Media" will not even notice. The crowd that makes up probably 80% or more of MMA ticket and merchandise sales will not even notice. Fuck, they won't even know he's fighting.

The small slice of the MMA fandom pie that knows who he is will split along:

1) Everyone gets caught/nature of the sport
2) Overhyped
3) Too old, no one could touch him in his best years
4) ban fuckin elbows already

sad but true.....
10/14/08 11:33 PM
FingerorMoon
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor is due to lose...

Based on what?
You'd normally make a statement like that if a champion was looking less and less and dominant in his victories.

Fedor has 2 big fights left - AA and Barnett.
I don't see either of those guys having the tools to beat him.
10/14/08 11:40 PM
truthisalive

FingerorMoon - 
Fedor is due to lose...

Based on what?
You'd normally make a statement like that if a champion was looking less and less and dominant in his victories.

Fedor has 2 big fights left - AA and Barnett.
I don't see either of those guys having the tools to beat him.

because we are all human...and all it takes is an unsuspected fist to the face to change everything in a moment....Fedor is the greatest IMHO...and my favorite fighter ever...but surely the odds of Fedor finishing his career with 2 loses is greater than finishing his career with one loss...

and really Fedor losing is basically a way for him to cement his legacy...He gets beat and has the mental strength to move on and come back and win...that is a real champion...being hyped up by the world only to lose and have the world abandon you in a split second....this we are all familiar with...and to me it defines a person to be able to over come something that has over ran them....something that can be so overwhelming...Peoples attention...

When the World is watching...when you are victorious you are a god...when you lose...your lose godhood faster than a thought...

all the greats lose...but they redefine themselves by overcoming that which has cast them to obscurity.
10/14/08 11:43 PM
truthisalive

perhaps I should of substituted the word invincibility instead the phrase godhood....I apologize.
10/14/08 11:46 PM
smoogy
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should beat Arlovski, then Barnett, and then challenge Randy. If that fight can't happen, he should retire, there is nothing left for him to prove
10/14/08 11:50 PM
Keoni
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should beat Arlovski, then Barnett, and then challenge Randy. If that fight can't happen, he should retire, there is nothing left for him to prove"

Correct, because if he plays the odds game he will lose on a fluke eventually, and all the super gay mma fanboys will IMMEDIATELY say "Record was padded/never that good/boxing is sloppy/washed up" etc etc. MMA fans are the worst.
10/14/08 11:57 PM
truthisalive

Keoni - He should beat Arlovski, then Barnett, and then challenge Randy. If that fight can't happen, he should retire, there is nothing left for him to prove"

Correct, because if he plays the odds game he will lose on a fluke eventually, and all the super gay mma fanboys will IMMEDIATELY say "Record was padded/never that good/boxing is sloppy/washed up" etc etc. MMA fans are the worst.

LMAO...yea our fans are the most short sighted ever.
10/15/08 12:05 AM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Proof: lots of people think Fedor beating CC was no big deal.
10/15/08 12:09 AM
MolsonMuscles
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Fedor loses I think the fans' reaction will depend on HOW it happens.

If he loses a close decision to a top-tier guy like Barnett, most fans will probably just chalk it up to a bad night against a great fighter and eagerly await the rematch.

If he gets fluke-KTFO by a heavy hitter (AA) or subbed by a great ground guy (Nog -- although he's had his chances and couldn't do it) I think the reaction will be more negative.
10/15/08 12:52 AM
whistleblower
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The really amazing part, though, is that it hasn't already happened yet - in a sport where everyone loses (even dominant #1's, who have been abruptly dethroned), because there are just so many ways to lose and just one off-night can be all it takes.

But so far, no one else in MMA history has even come close to going undefeated for 8 straight years in major-league MMA competition like Fedor has (ever since his one official "loss").

Actually, no one else has even come close to going undefeated for as continuously long under full-MMA rules (over 6 straight years) as Fedor has. And not just going undefeated - but dominating every single opponent he's faced.

In fact, he hasn't even lost a single round under full-MMA rules yet.

Plus, no one else throughout MMA history (in any weight class) has even come close to staying at the very top - as the universally ranked #1 - for as continuously long as Fedor has (over 5.5 years now).

Again, in a sport where everyone loses (even dominant favorites to hopeless underdogs) - in all that time, Fedor hasn't had even one off-night yet bad enough to actually result in a loss, especially to someone he had absolutely no business losing to (like Anderson with Takase, GSP with Serra, Hughes with Hallman, Chuck with Jardine, Randy with Enson and Valentijn).

So again, he should just be due for a loss - because that's just the nature of this sport and it happens to everybody, including every single other all-time great in this sport's history. So the fact that he still hasn't yet, after all these years, is what really separates him from everyone else.

Not only has no one else even come close to going undefeated for as long, but no one else has even come close to being as thoroughly dominant and unrelentingly consistent across his entire career as Fedor has.

A loss even now won't go back and change that vast, established fact.
10/15/08 1:21 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
What a fantastic post.

Truly intelligent, and insightfull.

Fedor is not going to lose any time soon.

Trust me.

Stylistically, I don't see anyone being trouble for him.

He's even cooler in person than he appears to be (any one at the AC seminar, speak up!).

He never gets tired of taking pics w/ fans, and he answers all of your questions.

Beside's Randy Couture, this sport has never seen such a Classy Champion.

But, to answer the initial post on how "I'll" react "when Fedor is defeated"...?

I'll act accordingly on how the man has acted throughout his career...

W/ Class and Respect.
10/15/08 1:23 AM
Grakman

Crazy Zimmerman - By the time Fedor loses the sun will already have burned out and life as we know it will be no more.

I read this and heard it in Dennis Miller's voice. Good one.
10/15/08 2:09 AM
WoodenPupa
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Again, in a sport where everyone loses (even dominant favorites to hopeless underdogs) - in all that time, Fedor hasn't had even one off-night yet bad enough to actually result in a loss,"

In fact, when it comes to his actual fights, haters are forced to focus their criticism on a handful of *moments*.

Fujita with the punch, Randleman with the slam, Hunt with the Kimura attempt. Cro-cop with a decent punch---oh my!

From the entire history of his fights, there are like 3 or 4 hate cards to play.

Something has to give with this guy. But it never seems to happen.
10/15/08 2:30 AM
WoodenPupa
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor really deserves props on his manners IMO.

Imagine a nightmare world where Junie has Fedor's skills.
10/15/08 2:30 AM
WoodenPupa

*shudders*
10/15/08 2:38 AM
voorhees

"When Fedor loses"might end up being a scenario that never even ends up happening.

There is a very good chance that he might take just a couple more fights for/a few more huge paydays and retire undefeated on top like Marciano or Mayweather.

Do you know how content he can be as a retired,undefeated millionaire in Russia?
10/15/08 2:46 AM
WoodenPupa

I wish more fighters would retire on top.

Most of the time we just see them grind on like beaten workhorses until their shoes fall off.

Dignity, some money in the bank and intact brain cells are something we rarely see in an older fighter.
10/15/08 6:27 AM
JrAsparagus

Fedor = Contender for best fighter ever, landslide winner of most overrated fighter ever.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.