UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Let's talk Steroids. Let's keep it real.

11/29/08 1:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kidcombo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beninger - 
Jason Reinhardt - Beninger, It feels good to be honest for once in my life, about my drug use. Honest with myself, my family, the fans, ect. It's all good. If it hurts my personal fighting career so be it. MMA will be my life until the day i die. I want to educate kids to not go down the same dark path I did! It's easy to do in the fighting business. It's a very unforgiving business. If i can get through to kids, it's all worth it.

I respect that. I'm sure others do as well.

Absolutely.  Life would be so much easier if we didn't bullshit one another and just be straight and honest in our every day conversations.  Nothing but respect for Jason's honesty.
11/29/08 1:32 PM
Winston Wolf
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its cheating and if caught u shouldnt ever be allowed to fight again IMO They should test every fighter every show
11/29/08 1:36 PM
TheAdonis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

run Test prop, drop it 2 weeks before a fight or before testing and stay on HGH at 3 i.u.'s per day year around.

prop gets out of your system the fastest- but the downside is that it requires 3x week injections.

There. There is your holy grail of fighter cycles.
11/29/08 1:36 PM
Shiloh

so you juiced your whole career, but all the sudden you have an issue with it? interesting.

you said even mild use will cause health probs. what specific problems have you had?
11/29/08 1:40 PM
Ethan Boyle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later 
11/29/08 1:53 PM
hawaiidave

I say add a "juice division" for those that want to juice, that way they won't have an unfair advantage over non-juicers. Test the latter more rigorously. Problem solved.
11/29/08 1:53 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/08 1:58 PM
Shiloh, Exactly. Actually, i had an issue with it the whole time. Guilt feelings. I couldn't stop. It ties into my addiction. (that's as brutally honest as i can be with you) Today, I don't judge anyone for doing roids. I said, i understand the pressure our sport puts on fighters. I want to educate kids on the dangers. It would be nice to have random drug testing implemented so fighters would have a less of a chance to compete against someone who are taking performance enhancing drugs. This in my opinion would decrease using a lot. Right now, many guys mentality in the sport is the fact they realize guys know how to beat drug testing and there's a great chance your going to compete against guys who are juicing. I know that was my mentality, so i juiced. And I was right. Many of my opponents were on the shit.
11/29/08 1:54 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adonis, yep.
11/29/08 1:55 PM
Shiloh

and what specific health problems did you have?
11/29/08 2:00 PM
VectorWegaLives

hawaiidave - I say add a "juice division" for those that want to juice, that way they won't have an unfair advantage over non-juicers. Test the latter more rigorously. Problem solved.

That alone wouldn't solve the problem because what if that became the higher paying division.  Then, people would still be enticed to juice.  Even if this was regulated and made the lower paying division, some less talented fighters could still be enticed to juice because they didn't have a chance to make it in the other division.

The problem is not just a matter of fairness but also a matter of health/safety for the fighters (and the people in their lives).
11/29/08 2:01 PM
MountainMedic
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The psychological advantage alone is enough of an incentive to juice."

in the end, i think thats the main value of juicing for most fighters.

I think that, under supervision, gear has its place in rehabbing injuries. but like anything else that remains in the shadows it will be abused. outlawing booze only resulted in an inferior (and often dangerous) product and created an avenue for the less high minded to become very wealthy.

interesting topic jason. -MM
11/29/08 2:20 PM
kao

i believe its ok for any hardcore athlete to take it. They need the recovery time. But people are trying to ban this because sometimes or most times steriod are being abused and causes more harm than good.

everybody wants to be the freak which over does things. that is why its being controlled and such
11/29/08 2:21 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wanna do them so bad, but i dont have the balls.
11/29/08 2:22 PM
KeithKizer

Edited: 11/29/08 2:22 PM
VectorWegaLives - That alone wouldn't solve the problem because what if that became the higher paying division.  Then, people would still be enticed to juice.  Even if this was regulated and made the lower paying division, some less talented fighters could still be enticed to juice because they didn't have a chance to make it in the other division.The problem is not just a matter of fairness but also a matter of health/safety for the fighters (and the people in their lives).

Well said
11/29/08 2:30 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Baroquen, Not worth it. It's not about having the balls. Anyone can stick a needle in their ass. It has nothing to do with balls. It takes balls having the willpower not to do them, and compete or tain Clean!
11/29/08 2:33 PM
Shiloh

Monsters Ball - 
Shiloh - and what specific health problems did you have?
11/29/08 2:36 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Shiloh, I will be honest with you. I don't know yet. The truth is.. I'm too scared to go get my liver and kidneys checked. I am trying to build up enough courage to do so. If you don't mind male pattern baldness, your balls shrinking to raisins, and being a real dick to your wife, and friends, then by all means have at it. I don't think you want to go down that road. At least i hope not.
11/29/08 2:37 PM
Diego stole my name
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like i said. Steroids exist in sports not only because athletes want to win. But also because the consumer wants bigger and better all the time

How often do people bash Fedor for not fighting enough and always being injured? At the same time should he decide to roid up in order to recover faster and be able to fight more, should he get caught, he would be condemned for trying to please the consumer

Lastly just because someone has an addictive personality does not mean everyone is facing the same risks
11/29/08 2:37 PM
catch wrestler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason,

It's good to see someone in the sport being honest about their roid use. I know part of recovery is being honest about your use and how it effected you and other people. I think people dont realize that abusing any drug can lead to the abuse of other drugs. Whether it's roids or pain killers.

I think random drug tests would be good. I especially hate to see the local lower level guys taking that stuff. For the money that they get paid, I doubt it would even pay for one cycle. In regards to the higher level shows, it's not in their best interest to have the random tests. They want the best shows and they dont care what the fighter does to put on a good fight. It's kinda a conflict of interest. So the promotions actually being in charge of the testing would be a joke. So I think it will have to be up to the Athletic Commisions to do it. Just my opinion....
11/29/08 2:38 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Stinger, Your a smart man.
11/29/08 2:40 PM
cravincane

Shiloh - and what specific health problems did you have?

I shredded my Achilles and tore out a good percentage of my calf in the process. I have about 70% use of my left leg, pain, stiffness, no stability, etc... Dr. said I have seen this type of Achilles injury many times. It is the type of Achilles tear professional athletes and power lifters have, 95% of the time it is because of steriod use.
11/29/08 2:40 PM
Jack_Burton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this is funny, I went to a holiday wine tasting party last weekend. Held at someones house - and by house I mean 7800 Sq Ft type thing. Very wealthy people, probably 7-10 MD's at least. One of them was an endocrinologist I think.

All these very very wealthy (white)people were sitting around talking about the shit they use for anti aging stuff.

The most surprising thing was that pretty much all of these trophy wives (very hot milfs) were using as well.

HGH and anavar seemed to be the what all the rich white people are taking. Some of them were spending $2K a month on shit - all from a MD.
11/29/08 2:41 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Baroquen, "You say you don't have the balls to do them" Go ahead, and do them, and you really will have NO BALLS" LOL I mean your nuts do come back, but it's still not cool.
11/29/08 2:44 PM
tumn

Much respect for you, Jason.
11/29/08 2:45 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Edited: 11/29/08 2:48 PM
Cravin, You talk about tendon injuries ect.. I live in chronic back pain daily. My pain level is a 10 at all times. It's nothing i can escape from. I have to meditate all through-out the day just to function. I often wonder if i fucked my back up from roid use. The tendons ect..It's just not worth it. If i could take it all back i would in a heart beat.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.