UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Who has a garden here?

3/11/09 2:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to have a good garden but I let it go to shit years ago. I'd like to get started again. I grew cucumbers, zucchini, mustard cabbage, green onions, and peppers. They grew pretty well. I might grow some lettuce.

I have a 40 gal drum i cut in half and I am growing Okinowan Potatoes (purple). I heard you can get 50 pounds of potatoes in one of these. I also want to grow a breadfruit tree.

I have 4 avacado trees that produce a lot of avacadoes during the season. I have a lime tree which is handy, a tandergine tre that just started fruiting. I have some other exotic fruits that haven't fruited yet.

I used to have unlimited bananas before this disease wiped it all out.

My son has a small fruit stand on the side of the road and he makes good money. I want him to work the land more, I guess I got to take the lead.
3/11/09 10:39 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No taro? Did I mention that I hate you and your abundant supply of avocado? ;)
3/12/09 8:56 AM
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That awesome that you guys are capable of growing. I'm working on turning the top of my carport into a small garden, but everything has to be in pots, so they will all be dwarfs.
3/12/09 9:23 AM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^fig trees grow good in pots, the best fruit for antioxidents.

I have a garden, every year, grow tomatoes, potatoes, cantelopes, watermelons, carrots, corn, peppers,cucumbers, strawberrys, two grape vines, one blueberry bush, two fig trees.

i've seen more gardens in my town whith each passing year.
3/12/09 3:25 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am going to start an operation as soon as spring comes, crabapple trees and a greenhouse for starters.
3/12/09 5:17 PM
kanotoa
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - No taro? Did I mention that I hate you and your abundant supply of avocado? ;)

Quick, if you pay for shipping I will send you a case of my very best avocados.
3/12/09 6:02 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanotoa, if I didn't have a baby on the way I would most definitely take you up on that offer. I have to save my all my nickels and dimes at the moment though. I do appreciate the offer and maybe I'll be able to take you up on it in the future?
3/12/09 6:29 PM
kanotoa

Congrats on the baby. Hopefully our kids will have a life with food, safety and happiness for their entire lives.

You seem like a cool guy, I hope we can meet one day.
3/12/09 7:02 PM
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robert Wynne -  ^fig trees grow good in pots, the best fruit for antioxidents.

I have a garden, every year, grow tomatoes, potatoes, cantelopes, watermelons, carrots, corn, peppers,cucumbers, strawberrys, two grape vines, one blueberry bush, two fig trees.

i've seen more gardens in my town whith each passing year.

Fig trees you say? I'll research that. I'm looking at a few blueberry bushes at the moment.
3/13/09 8:25 PM
quick

kanotoa, I appreciate it man. This is our first and we are pretty excited. And I hear you too about the future.

And you never know. I wouldn't mind going back to live in Hawaii. Maybe when my wife finishes her degree.
3/14/09 2:49 PM
kanotoa

I just bought a wetland mango and an orange tree yesterday. I had to use a gift certificate someone gave me a few years ago.

I got my tiller to work. Unfucking believable, I hadn't started the thing in about 8 years and it would hardly move in neutral. I was thinking I might have to overhaul the carb and maybe the engine was frozen. I drained the gas which was yellow and poured some seafoam in the carb. Pulled the cord 2 times and the motherfucker started! I changed the oil and lubed the cables. The clutch doesn't work good so I have to crash the transmission to get it to go.

I tilled some Wildillia (ground covering ropey weeds) and it ate it up. I am going to start tilling and planting soon. I'll post updates.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.