UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Hendo is bringing a rusty old blade to a gunfight

7/9/09 1:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
explodingboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In all seriousness, this fight is going to be a clear example of where American pride comes before a fall because the vast majority of individuals on this board have convinced themselves that Dan Henderson already has this fight won.

But when you take your red, white and blue tinted glasses off and look at the bigger picture, it should become evident to those of you with even a smidgen of intelligence that this is a great fight for Michael Bisping to demonstrate why he belongs with the elite in the UFC.

I will go so far as to admit that there is a good chance that Bisping will win this by decision, and it may involve a similar display of the extremely effective stick and move tactic employed so devastatingly against Chris Leben. But unlike all you pee-headed simpletons, I am loathe to call it 'running' because that is not what it is. In reality it's just fighting to your strengths as the rules allow.

Do you think Hendo is going to get anywhere near landing one of his bombs on Bisping? No.

Bisping will use effective striking from distance, avoiding getting sucked into Hendo's range, and will be landing crips clean blows to Dan's thick head. To exchange with Hendo is playing into his game, so he will need to utilise his speed advantage and much superior footwork to keep out of danger. Dan will be taking swipes at thin air like he's trying to swat a non existant fly. All the haters out there gladly flop your cocks out and start bashing away over Machida's elusiveness, but when Bisping showcases an equally effective ability to avoid taking damage, he's called the running man. Blatent discrimination.

Hendo will be pushing the action in the first part of the fight but I expect Bisping to become much the more assertive fighter as we go past the first. Hendo will be stuck in quicksand and Bisping will be picking him off with beautiful combinations.

Dan has the wrestling advantage of course, but if he doesn't make the most of it early on then he's in deep trouble. If Bisping wins the first round then there is literally no way back for Dan.

I have never been so confident in a big fight like I am for this one. Hendo is a true great of the sport, but his time is over and it just so happens to coincide with the rise of Michael Bisping.

Next stop for the Bisping Bandwagon? Anderson Silva in Manchester in November. The biggest fight of the year. I can't wait. 

7/9/09 1:28 PM
hankhill

blah blah blah.
7/9/09 1:29 PM
GaymidaGaydan
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pillowfists Mcteatime is going to get worked by hendo.

Hendos last 4 wins...

Franklin, Paul Harris, Wand, Vitor.

Bispings last 4 wins

Leben, Day, McCarthy, Sinosec.
7/9/09 1:32 PM
hankhill

The top picture is sooooo gay! lol!!!
7/9/09 1:35 PM
explodingboy

Hankhill, so far your input has been very underwhelming. I suppose I shouldn't expect more from a product of the American schooling system, but some semblance of intelligence would be appreciated.
7/9/09 1:36 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of the creepy facial expressions and ghey leather coats in the world wont give Bisping a chance to win this fight!
7/9/09 1:39 PM
nyhcloyalty
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DemandMMA, Admin
And you're bringing overdone threads to a good forum. 
7/9/09 1:41 PM
hankhill

^this
7/9/09 1:42 PM
KroniK
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i guess the red white and blue glasses are in reference to the UK flag as well? Since you aready believe Bisping has already won.
7/9/09 1:42 PM
uhfelons

Save it, everyone knows the brit's aint got guns.
7/9/09 1:45 PM
explodingboy

nyhcloyalty - And you're bringing overdone threads to a good forum. 

This is the final thread I will create about this fight. In total I've made about four over the course of several weeks. Perhaps I was mistaken and there isn't a big show this weekend? Silly me. And of course you're welcome to provide your thoughts, if you have any.
7/9/09 1:48 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately you never have anything intelligent to say when you make these threads, you just start chirping and trying to insult Hendo. Fact is no matter what the result Hendo>Bisping. And if by fluke Bisping did win, I would bet he would find a way to dick tuck to avoid the fight with Anderson... no matter what he says now!
7/9/09 1:51 PM
leifdawg
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fact is Dan has many more ways to win the fight. The only way I see Bisping winning is if he dances around and outpoints Dan with pitter-patter punches.

And no I don't hate him because he's English. I dislike him because he is a douchebag and is overhyped (not necessarily his fault).

Bisping would and should be the underdog against these MWs.

Silva, Maia, Okami, Henderson, Marquardt, and Franklin.

I would put him even money with Gouveia, Wanderlei, Cote, Leites, Belcher,Palhares, Sonnen, Akiyama and Quarry.

And that's not even counting the guys outside the UFC that would give him trouble (e.g. Vitor, Nick Diaz, Cung Le).
7/9/09 1:52 PM
Pson

Your on crack Hendo beat Wand during his prime....Bisping could never do that.
7/9/09 1:52 PM
fanoffights

GaymidaGaydan - Pillowfists Mcteatime is going to get worked by hendo.

Hendos last 4 wins...

Franklin, Paul Harris, Wand, Vitor.

Bispings last 4 wins

Leben, Day, McCarthy, Sinosec.

THIS!
7/9/09 1:53 PM
explodingboy

Edited: 07/09/09 1:53 PM
LiftStrong - Unfortunately you never have anything intelligent to say when you make these threads, you just start chirping and trying to insult Hendo. Fact is no matter what the result Hendo>Bisping. And if by fluke Bisping did win, I would bet he would find a way to dick tuck to avoid the fight with Anderson... no matter what he says now!

I find it amusing that people say I have nothing intelligent to say after I write numerous paragraphs about how I believe the fight will go and then they offer their own insightful analysis to the effect of 'Hendo>Bisping'. Thanks.
7/9/09 1:56 PM
hankhill

Im still laughing at the leather jacket picture! lol!!! sooooooo gaaaaaay!!!
7/9/09 2:00 PM
Slowshot
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bitchping has been training with Usain Bolt, getting his "run away the whole fight and then claim it was strategy" ready.

We all know Bisping isn't interested in being in a fight.

He is everything that is wrong with MMA, guys going out there to try to eek out a decision win, instead of trying to beat the other guys ass.
7/9/09 2:02 PM
Dannicus

Hendo's mouth? Seriously? What has he said other than that he thinks Bisping is a douche bag and that he talks to much... Dan is always professional, respectful, and a game performer..I hope he smashes that smug look right off Bispings face.  Bisping, runs his mouth WAAAAAAAAAAY more than Hendo, even Bisping would agree to that.
7/9/09 2:06 PM
Steve Montgomery
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^this
7/9/09 2:07 PM
explodingboy

Slowshot - Bitchping has been training with Usain Bolt, getting his "run away the whole fight and then claim it was strategy" ready.

We all know Bisping isn't interested in being in a fight.

He is everything that is wrong with MMA, guys going out there to try to eek out a decision win, instead of trying to beat the other guys ass.

This is an illustration of how delusion manifests itself in MMA fans. Bisping is bringing the art of strategic gameplanning to another level. Wolfslair rival Jackson's for intelligent tactical planning and level of preparation going into a fight.
7/9/09 2:09 PM
BMF12

GaymidaGaydan - Pillowfists Mcteatime is going to get worked by hendo.

lol @ Pillowfists Mcteatime
hankhill

Edited: 07/09/09 2:09 PM
^awesome video!!!!!!!
bombshelter

I thought England was a knife culture?
Slowshot
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's tactics to survive, I guess, and when you're an untalented brit, that's the best you can hope for when you get in the ring with an actual fighter.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.