UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/19/10 9:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Alumynabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, that totally caught me by surprise. I thought he was just a white dude from the East coast. LOL.

Ok, I will say offer my apologies since I brought this mess to the board.
12/19/10 9:30 PM
Jump Kick
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil, if you're near manhattan, message me, I have a copy of the NY Press with Darrow/Funaro for you.  I'm going to be in New Jersey tomorrow until about 7:30 PM and might have to go back to NJ again on tuesday.  Let me know.

-jk
12/19/10 9:38 PM
shermbe
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what happened to real journalism?
12/19/10 9:38 PM
KC007
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT. Good work MMAGUY.
12/19/10 10:05 PM
NCAA92
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAGUY when did he get his BB?
12/19/10 10:16 PM
sly fox
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well if hes legit, that's actually pretty cool
12/19/10 10:59 PM
Ron Jeremy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Parabens
12/20/10 12:10 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

mmaguy30 - Jay Standish December 19 at 11:55pm Report
I started wrestling at 7 in wyoming. I wrestled for South Seneca central in high school. MY freestyle club was lift lakes international freestyle team. Rob Koal and the cornell wrestlers coached it. We even had duel meets at the NY state fair in 93 against adirondack super six and mowhawk valley wrestling club. Im pretty sure these guys are used to seeing records for high school and college careers. When you wrestle tournaments all year round almost every weekend you rack up a lot of matches.

Rob Koll wrestled for Cornell back in teh day. 
12/20/10 12:14 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

He's also the head coach now. 
12/20/10 12:27 AM
gibboau
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All sounds 100% legit to me. Not coming across overly defensive or insecure, just stating the facts. Seems like it would be a pretty good place to train as well. I hope they understand the history of fake credentials being exposed around here and how offensive and irresponsible it is considered to train students under fake credentials. Just so that they know where the UG is coming from with getting so fired up over this misunderstanding. Phone Post
12/20/10 12:39 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

I've never heard about anyone keeping a record of every match you've ever had in wrestling. It just hasn't happened before. The amount does sound particularly high, but i guess over 15 years anything is possible. 
12/20/10 12:51 AM
pharochuck
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/20/10 12:51 AM
www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx here is a link of him at the all armed services meet in 1996

12/20/10 12:52 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

Lets say at an average tourney, you wrestle 4 times in a weight class. That would have to mean you're REALLY good because you're placing 4th at every tournament. Lets face it, local tourneys aren't that stacked and it's totally possible to even out to that. 

That would mean if you include Freestyle and Greco at every tournament, thats 8 matches/tourney. This is getting REALLY high. You have to cut it to 6 because 8 matches in a day is KILLER.

1400/6 = 233 tournaments in his life.

233/15 = 15 tourneys/year.

That seems high to me...but semi doable for someone who had an obbsessive father or something. This figure is also a bit skewed to help  him because I'm considering everything to be a tournament. In HS you do a lot more duels than tourneys and thats only 1 or 2 matches in a day. 

Its just the record that kills me. If he didnt have the record up and just said ~1400 matches, I'd go "Wtf? eh...maybe" and walk away. It's just that he has it broken up into win loss. and the fact that the win loss ratio is SO FUCKING HIGH, that leads me to believe he's gotta be fucking amazing. Thats a 94% win rate....come on. Wtf man I can't believe anyone who has a 94% life time win percentage over a 15 year career isn't a fucking legend. 

12/20/10 12:56 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

Who the fuck knows how many matches they won when they're 10? That's what is fucking killing me. 

I've never met anyone who could tell me the NUMBER. Tournament wins? Sure. Numbers? No way. 
12/20/10 12:59 AM
pharochuck
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - he started at 7

lets say he grads college at roughly 21/22

we are talking about a 15 year career

1500 matches

780 weeks

about 2 matches a week
he also wrestled in the navy after college so add at least 3 to 4 more years onto his career and you get close to the 20 year career he's claiming and if he did hit all those tournies like he claims then he might have racked up all those matches. now the won-loss record i would have no idea how he kept track of that

12/20/10 1:02 AM
pharochuck

mmaguy30 - 
pharochuck - www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx here is a link of him at the all armed services meet in 1996

I see a Dave Standish, but no Jay...
remember he said he wrestled in the navy as david standish in the navy and he also stated he wrestled at 136.5

12/20/10 1:10 AM
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread has been an emotional rollercoaster.
12/20/10 1:12 AM
pharochuck

he might have been a gym rat who entered everything that required a singlet and since he wrestled in college and the navy he just might have reached 1500 matches. seems like both guys are to a degree, who they say they are
12/20/10 2:35 AM
Ingo Weigold
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the guy just keeps a logbook for everything. I know people like that with their workout data. What's so far fetched about a wrestler doing it? Phone Post
12/20/10 3:09 AM
jackthehitmanhinchon
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this thread Phone Post
12/20/10 3:35 AM
Arianny C

If this David Lang guy is any relation to Clubber then he is 100% legit, imo.
12/20/10 4:35 AM
Sinead O Connors Nipples

Arianny C -  If this David Lang guy is any relation to Clubber then he is 100% legit, imo.

Most deffinitely this.

Clubber doesn't fuck around.
12/20/10 6:30 AM
Cold Fission

If this guy was a 70kg 50 year old hapkido instructor one of you cowards might have stepped up by now. The guy has a couple of ammy fights and you guys are too shook to even ask him a question. You guys disgust me. Phone Post
12/20/10 8:51 AM
GriffinQ
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this thread really took a turn in a way I never would have thought....not that that's a bad thing, it's nice to see for once that someone isn't a fake. That issss a lot of wrestling matches, but I had some friends in high school whose parents had their kids records and like...the dates of every match they'd wrestled since they started. A little obsessive, but some parents/kids are just like that, they wanna have that information I guess
12/20/10 9:18 AM
DreamerMMA
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rupture Clothing, Reg. Marketing Rep.
GriffinQ -  this thread really took a turn in a way I never would have thought....not that that's a bad thing, it's nice to see for once that someone isn't a fake. That issss a lot of wrestling matches, but I had some friends in high school whose parents had their kids records and like...the dates of every match they'd wrestled since they started. A little obsessive, but some parents/kids are just like that, they wanna have that information I guess

Yep.

I wrestled in school and remember the kids from the obsessive wrestling families.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.