UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I'm gonna leave UFC 126 with a win, via Jesus

1/5/11 1:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Top Team
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Btw, I'm not saying there isn't God but that god couldn't care less about the winner of a sporting event let alone a fight. Didn't Jesus turn the other cheek? Try that with Anderson and he'll hit you on the other one harder than the first. Phone Post
1/5/11 1:54 PM
Datguy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hired Gun - I really hope the Old Vitor shows up and D E S T R O Y S the dancing machine.

You mean the old new old vitor?
1/5/11 2:01 PM
caliphornia

what victor belfort is failing to realize: Jesus is on Anderson's side, as well.

so will this battle come down to who Jesus loves the most? i think so. and Jesus CLEARLY loves anderson the most.
1/5/11 2:01 PM
Top Team
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Generic- If I didn't see your first post I might have thought you were serious for a moment. If god was all you needed the pope would be champ. Phone Post
1/5/11 2:04 PM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

razord - what happens if two christians fight eachother in the name of Jesus???
He makes the crapper guy lose
1/5/11 2:11 PM
kungfugrip

name is not jesus and you are not leaving with a win!
1/5/11 2:13 PM
Blazing Knees

He's going to get ko'ed, horribly. He's not even in the same league as Silva
1/5/11 2:23 PM
TexDeuce
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Jesus not line Anderson Silva? Most title defenses ever......I think he does. Phone Post
1/5/11 2:30 PM
undisputed1972

A lot of these up and comers don't understand that training in the gym is a waste of time. Spend all your time at the church instead and grovel to J.C. for success!
1/5/11 2:36 PM
HELWIG
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"is this level of whining really necessary"

Youre forgetting that the majority of people on here are internet generation kids who never trained a day in their life. So they think they have a place to mock a Brazilian Catholic who chooses to speak about a huge aspect of the motivation for him to work through adversity in his career.

Its funny because when Im at the gym or traveling to other gyms and some world class Brazilian black belt says that he cant make a sunday training session because he's very religious and isnt going to skip church, nobody has shit to say about it.

Strange how that works out, isnt it?
1/5/11 2:38 PM
Aaron J

Next time I fight I will thank evolution, natural selection, single cell organisms, and the apes that got out of the trees.
1/5/11 2:39 PM
Tankhead
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if he loses, will that be Jesus' doing as well? Phone Post
1/5/11 2:53 PM
occmsrazr

i've spoken to jesus about this, and he says while he's definitely cheering for belfort, even HE can't do anything to help vitor against silva.
1/5/11 3:25 PM
undisputed1972

occmsrazr - i've spoken to jesus about this, and he says while he's definitely cheering for belfort, even HE can't do anything to help vitor against silva.

Jesus can do anything, it's just that he doesn't always seem to bother.

Your suggestion that he can't help Vitor would make him very cross I'm sure.
1/5/11 3:32 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares what/who Vitor chooses to fight for.  It is great to hear him motivated and confident.  Hopefully he comes out and has a great fight.  I am honestly surprised that no-one is giving him a chance to win this fight, he actually has a good style to beat Anderson, fast hands and disciplined striking. 

Vitor is the best striker (imo) that Anderson will have faced, and if Vitor lands as cleanly as Chael was able to, you will have a new MW champion. 
1/5/11 3:39 PM
mongo54

back in the day a ran into Iran Barkley before a big fight that he was supposed to lose.  He looked at me and this other dude and told us that God told him he was going to win.  He was like a 5-1 dog.  My buddy scrapes up all the cash he could, including money he needed to run his gun store and bets.  I just think Iran is nutz and laugh it off.

My buddy bets 11K and Barkley wins.........

God is a difficult opponent
1/5/11 3:49 PM
HELWIG
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Next time I fight I will thank evolution, natural selection, single cell organisms, and the apes that got out of the trees."

If thats what motivates you to push through the psychologically devastating processes of training for world class combat sports competition and coming back from crushing losses, then you should.

1/5/11 4:03 PM
biggator
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron J - Next time I fight I will thank evolution, natural selection, single cell organisms, and the apes that got out of the trees.

thank hitler for killing so many jews that they are not in my gene pool. or is that going too far?
1/5/11 4:04 PM
Gnarly219
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -   Its funny because when Im at the gym or traveling to other gyms and some world class Brazilian black belt says that he cant make a sunday training session because he's very religious and isnt going to skip church, nobody has shit to say about it.

Strange how that works out, isnt it?
Kind of flawed logic there. It's not like the guy was asked by a reporter, it was another person they are training with. And while I really don't give a shit who you thank AFTER you win the fight, God/Jesus included, I think the big thing for everyone griping is how every interview it has to be brought up like he's sponsored by the church. A better example would be if Vitor replaced all his "Thank you Jesus; In God's name" to "Thank you sponsors; for my family" and see how many people are bitching about it. Unless it's Hoelzer Reich, I'm sure nobody cares, but since it's religion, you get threads like this one :)

1/5/11 4:04 PM
Okkun
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/5/11 4:09 PM
biggator
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UhUmWellUm - Ha, no one ever blames Jebus when the get submitted or KTFO!!!

bills wide out stevie johnson blamed god for dropping a pass.

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO..." via twitter after the game
1/5/11 4:23 PM
biggator

LiftStrong -  Who cares what/who Vitor chooses to fight for.  It is great to hear him motivated and confident.  Hopefully he comes out and has a great fight.  I am honestly surprised that no-one is giving him a chance to win this fight, he actually has a good style to beat Anderson, fast hands and disciplined striking. 

Vitor is the best striker (imo) that Anderson will have faced, and if Vitor lands as cleanly as Chael was able to, you will have a new MW champion. 

+1
1/5/11 4:25 PM
HITFC

goldleader - I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't die on the cross so people could earn a living fighting in a cage.

BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
1/5/11 4:30 PM
saerbarnet

Why is he doing it in the name of my gardener?
1/5/11 4:36 PM
mikecard

Hired Gun - I really hope the Old Vitor shows up and D E S T R O Y S the dancing machine.

wouldn't you prefer an awesome back and forth fight?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.