UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I'm gonna leave UFC 126 with a win, via Jesus

1/5/11 4:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mikecard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

biggator - 
Aaron J - Next time I fight I will thank evolution, natural selection, single cell organisms, and the apes that got out of the trees.

thank hitler for killing so many jews that they are not in my gene pool. or is that going too far?

wtf does that mean?
1/5/11 4:38 PM
Bixby

If Vitor wins...its one of the greatest storylines.

Vitor not being himself...trying out to be a pro boxer...fighting in Pride, Affliction and Strikeforce without being that successful.

In the end he got his title shot...if he wins...if he wins...
1/5/11 4:40 PM
HELWIG

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO..." via twitter after the game

Thats pretty ridiculous.
1/5/11 4:50 PM
5pointer

HELWIG -   "is this level of whining really necessary"

Youre forgetting that the majority of people on here are internet generation kids who never trained a day in their life. So they think they have a place to mock a Brazilian Catholic who chooses to speak about a huge aspect of the motivation for him to work through adversity in his career.

Its funny because when Im at the gym or traveling to other gyms and some world class Brazilian black belt says that he cant make a sunday training session because he's very religious and isnt going to skip church, nobody has shit to say about it.

Strange how that works out, isnt it?<br type="_moz" />

i dont think Belfort is catholic... but anyway, love Jesus and love Vitor... biggest fan since 96.. Hope he comes ready
1/5/11 4:52 PM
OctopusFighter
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanking God after you win is perfectly reasonable for a faithful person. If you believe God is responsible for everything and your winning was part of his plan, yeah, give thanks.

Vitor saying before the fact that he's going to win because of Jesus is weird and questionable on many levels. First, it presumes that he knows the mind of God, since he's assuming before the fact that it's God's plan for him to win. Second, it's really pretty disrespectful to his opponent, considering that Anderson is a Christian himself. Is he saying that he's more devout than Anderson, or that God likes him better? It's a strange way to think about things.

I recall seeing on several behind-the-scenes videos that before a match, Anderson and his whole corner/team pray together - not for victory, but they pray that both he and his opponent will be unhurt and able to do their best in the match. That strikes me as much classier and, frankly, more devout than Vitor's approach.
1/5/11 5:07 PM
Top Team
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ I can agree with this. I HATE IT when someone thanks God for the win. God doesn't care about your game or fight. Thank God for keeping you and your opponent out of serious harm, regardless of the outcome, is much more valid and humbling towards your faith. Phone Post
1/5/11 5:11 PM
ArtWanderlei

not a fan of either Jesus or Belfort.  Anderson is going to take Vitor out and probably quickly.
1/5/11 5:15 PM
Bixby

Let the man use his faith however he wants.

religion after all is...nah lets not get started :D

1/5/11 5:47 PM
Oldboy

Dr Violence - 
razord - what happens if two christians fight eachother in the name of Jesus???
He makes the crapper guy lose

Not only this, but the loser has to revoke his Christianity. It's like racing for pink slips with cars, Jesus don't want to roll with no pretenders.

But Anderson hasn't jumped on the Jesus train so we can only assume he is in league with our dark lord Satan (I mean what other options are there?).

War Satan, War Anderson!
1/5/11 6:03 PM
Grakman

It worked for Holyfield against Mike Tyson. Dude shocked the world and he said it before the fight, God would give him the victory.
1/5/11 6:11 PM
MickColins
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor, I remember reading a translation of the Gospels where Judas Iscariot was called "Judas the Creonte". Creonte! Phone Post
1/5/11 7:49 PM
Gnarly219
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya Mon -  Based on the above supporting Anderson is equal to supporting evil IMO. Evil supports clubbing baby seals. Supporting Anderson = supporting the clubbing of baby seals. They are so cute stop the madness. Supporting Vitor = saving baby seals. Phone Post
Well fuck, when you put it that way.......lol

1/5/11 10:05 PM
solidsnake
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yah, I want be an actor. My favorite actors are Julia Rober and Sandra Boolak
1/5/11 10:50 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG News, was that a quote in the title? didn't see it anywhere in the article like you have it written...

1/6/11 12:47 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The new old Vitor vs The new old Anderson IMO. This is going to be another Silva vs Sonnen, both guys will bring it. The fight will live up to the hype!

I CANT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!!
1/6/11 1:16 PM
shanoknowsmma

HITFC - oh god! just stfu with ur jesus.

It's amazing that forum members can make statements like this and not get banned. Especially since a great number of fighters are professing Christians.

Of course, the hypocrisy of this forum never ceases to amaze me.
1/6/11 2:56 PM
HITFC

shanoknowsmma - 

It's amazing that forum members can make statements like this and not get banned. Especially since a great number of fighters are professing Christians.

Who cares if a great number of fighters are christian...doesnt change a thing...however....it does show that punches to the head are bad for your brain.
1/6/11 10:30 PM
smichal
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In don't really agree with the manner in which he injects his faith into his fight career and I'm speaking as devout Christian. But I wont criticize him for how he believes.

I hate all the "brilliant" guys here that have to trash him for saying things like this. Like the fool who said he should "stfu" with his "jesus". Just disrespectful and classless.

I tend not to engage in these religion debates here anymore because it gets so crazy with so many "experts" who are so sure that their opinions are the correct ones and become so disrespectful.

Most of these same people would have their minds blown by a standard introductory course in Philosophy of Religion at the local community college. I know this because I have a degree from a top secular University in Canada in Philosophy.

Just f***king grow up already! All of us!
1/6/11 10:47 PM
Poindexter
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To pretend that you know the will of God is beyond prideful. it has the opposite meaning of faith. If he needs that false belief to enter the cage, that's on him.
1/6/11 10:48 PM
VectorWega

Mr Pulla - It is great to see Vitor maintain his faith and strength despite the ordeals God has put him through to test him. May Jesus be with him.

but what if God and Jesus don't exist?  Wouldn't that make his statement seem pretty silly?
1/7/11 8:58 AM
Shoe Strangler

I would give my two left nuts to see Vitor murder Dancerson. Matt Lindland style.
1/7/11 9:13 AM
Mr Sponge

I wanted vitor to win but it annoys me when fighters bring faith into the octagon Phone Post
1/7/11 9:18 AM
THE_PREDATOR
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jebus will save Vitor!
1/7/11 9:25 AM
john joe
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine
shanoknowsmma - 

a great number of board users are athiests; i dont see the problem.
1/7/11 1:32 PM
smichal
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - 
shanoknowsmma - 

a great number of board users are athiests; i dont see the problem.

Being an athiest with an opinion is one thing. Voicing that opinion as well. However being so insulting is classless and really unacceptable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.