UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thiago Silva Statement

3/30/11 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grimer
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What he did was wrong but I have way more respect for Silva for handling this the way he did, unlike some other fighters who get busted and claim to have never taken an illegal substance whatsoever.
3/30/11 3:35 PM
irishrottie
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so much respect for that. great to see a fighter own up.
3/30/11 3:37 PM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much respect for him telling it like it is. Most other athletes would and have denied or ignored the accusations. Phone Post
3/30/11 3:37 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ResPecTTT
3/30/11 3:38 PM
anunaki
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alot of cats could learn from this

*cough*

josh barnet
sean sherk
chael sonnen
nate marquardt

*cough*
3/30/11 3:40 PM
sawdusk
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Sparkle - The double standards on this forum amaze me. Respect for owning up? Bullshit, the guy destroyed Vera due to some illegal substance. No respect here. Having said that the guy deserves a second chance, not respect. What message does it send out? Cheat, get caught, own up and earn 'mad respect'! Lol.

it's like the old days in the roman forum: win the crowd and win your freedom...

if the mob approves of you, they will pardon just about anything...
3/30/11 3:41 PM
Mmanizzle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can caposa gif the slaps?
3/30/11 3:47 PM
JFA1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sawdusk - 
Bobby Sparkle - The double standards on this forum amaze me. Respect for owning up? Bullshit, the guy destroyed Vera due to some illegal substance. No respect here. Having said that the guy deserves a second chance, not respect. What message does it send out? Cheat, get caught, own up and earn 'mad respect'! Lol.

it's like the old days in the roman forum: win the crowd and win your freedom...

if the mob approves of you, they will pardon just about anything...

Would Bisping or Sylvia recive such "respect"?
3/30/11 3:55 PM
MissMmaS2

Much respect Thiago. You will come back stronger.
3/30/11 3:56 PM
Evilzpet

Respect for cheating? Are you guys for real? This place is like the twilight zone.
3/30/11 3:58 PM
Evilzpet

MissMmaS2 - Much respect Thiago. You will come back stronger.

Stronger? You mean after he upgrades his cycles and buys a whizinator?
3/30/11 4:00 PM
Evilzpet

anunaki - alot of cats could learn from this

*cough*

josh barnet
sean sherk
chael sonnen
nate marquardt

*cough*

Explain what exactly they would learn. None of these people tampered with their tests and Sonnen had a legit reason for his positive.

Not only did Thiago cheat, he tried to cover it up. Thats BS.
3/30/11 4:00 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogblublt -  Much respect for him telling it like it is. Most other athletes would and have denied or ignored the accusations. Phone Post
Lol. What accusations are there now?  There WERE accusations...  Now they have PROOF that he submitted non human urine.  

Lets face it.  He is not owning up to anything, he is just validating the NSAC's testing results were correct.  And obviously by coming out with the "injury"/"painkiller" excuse he is just looking for the sympathy card... which seems to be working.  

He failed this test because of a mis-timed steriod cycle... not because of painkillers due to a re-occuring injury.  He is telling a small lie to hide a big one.  As silly as it seems, painkillers are not thought of in as negative light as steriods are, when viewed by the public.  It really shouldnt be a surprise considering the camp he trains out of. 

3/30/11 4:07 PM
WheresBobbySouthworth

Feel bad that Silva is suspended for a year. There's a ton of exciting fights for him at LHW.
3/30/11 4:10 PM
coonassjitsu

If he reinjured his back 45 days before the Vera fight after rehabing for a year then his back is most likely FUBAR and his career will end soon.I can relate as I jacked my back and both shoulders.Train smart people.Now,back on topic.He only admitted he was wrong when he realized they knew exactly what he did.This wolf in sheeps clothing has pwned many of you.
3/30/11 4:37 PM
Crooklyn
778 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck=Reality
Hillary - Much respect for the statement.

3/30/11 4:39 PM
JBJones

Good shit man, least you aren't being a bitch about it and trying to lie.

We all look forward to your next fight man, you always bring it.
3/30/11 4:41 PM
s13

Cyril Jeff - 
Edokaz248 - lol people giving repect to Thiago are not the bightest people here

lol, let someone tell you that you will be unable to fight/provide for your family, then see what lengths you are willing to take to be sure you make the fight, wake up...

Ok...this is getting ridiculous...everyone has a point. I give him a little more respect than those that cheat and never admit it (Barnett), but lets not get it twisted, the little respect he gets from me is the closest rating to 0 that there can be (Barnett being 0 respect from me). THE GUY ADMITTED AFTER HE GOT CAUGHT. What else do you expect him to do? All he did was prove he's smarter than most of you. Yes he did an interview where he said he didn't cheat and take anything, clean blood etc...fair nuff...but this family thing about feeding them and doing what he had to do??? GIVE ME A BREAK. Look at it like this, he could have backed out of the Vera fight and missed a pay day, and gotten another next month, or he could have (according to thiago) gotten proper treatment and STILL have been able to fight (no one has mentioned that part about his 'admission' so far!). But what did he do? He cheated, got busted, and instead of NOT missing a payday (with proper treatment as he stated) he takes it upon himself to roid it up, get caught and NOT MAKE MONEY FOR A YEAR while on suspension. It makes absolutely no sense. If (or anyone with some common sense) was in his situation, he should have consulted a doctor first (like most people with legit injuries do) to find out he could have still fought...looks like he went to a doctor after he got busted and they were like 'yeah you could have fought anyway!'. So now he feels really dumb. It was not pain killers, it was roids, period. The dood's physique was off the charts and everyone on here is like 'OH I LOVE YOU NOW I'M A FAN THIAGO YOU'RE A MAN FOR ADMITTING...' STFU. He didn't admit jack. MAD PROPS to him if after the Vera fight before the results he was like 'you know i had a back injury and i roided to help with the pain so i wouldn't miss this pay day' at the press conference, but he didn't. A man confesses his wrong doing before anyone knows he did anything wrong, because his morals and character will eat at him until its unbearable and forces himself to confess...remember that people.
3/30/11 4:42 PM
WT Snacks

i just hope they dont make you wait a year to come back
3/30/11 4:44 PM
JohnnyLawrence
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's too bad it took him getting caught to admit that he cheated...
3/30/11 4:44 PM
BLACKBUDDAH

This is exactly what's wrong with the UFC 2 or 3 losses and your out crap. You will see alot more of this now that there are no big pay day alternatives other than Zuffa. This is the only way fighter have to feed their family and knowing you can lose everything if you lose sometimes you do things you normally would not do. You don't owe me anything Bruh. Phone Post
3/30/11 4:46 PM
s13

Oh and one more thing, if he was so worried about his family (and the injury was legit) he would have weighed his options. He would have said to himself "If I miss this payday, I can't feed my family this month, but if i get caught taking this chance, I can't feed them for a year". I'm sure there are friends at the camp he could have leaned on for a little while till his guaranteed payday, if not the UFC would have worked something out with him if he presented those 'facts' to Dana & Company. It just doesn't add up with the 'painkiller' thing.
3/30/11 4:48 PM
s13

...and of course thiago didn't write that, he's probably laughing and calling you all suckers in portuguese right now...much like i am.
3/30/11 4:49 PM
s13

...lets increase my fan base by cheating then telling everyone i did when i get caught...sorta like how rappers are glorified for going to jail which boosts record sales and gains them popularity and more fans...what a world we live in!
3/30/11 4:50 PM
s13

...lets increase my fan base by cheating then telling everyone i did when i get caught...sorta like how rappers are glorified for going to jail which boosts record sales and gains them popularity and more fans...what a world we live in!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.