UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> USAF Help

11/14/11 3:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zaiontz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to know if i wanted to join the usaf and be cct, would i have to go in as open contract or can i get a mos, that i picked as 1 of the 5 choices,accepted and apply for cct. Thank you for future replys and your service Phone Post
11/15/11 6:18 PM
DevilDawg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/11 6:19 PM
I think it's any MOS can try out for it, unless it's an MOS that is in high need and requires lots of training. I would say pick an MOS that will give you enough time to train up for it.
11/15/11 11:59 PM
zaiontz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice thank you for the reply Phone Post
11/16/11 4:48 PM
DevilDawg

Try going in as fireman, seems like those guys get plenty of time to get in shape and study for stuff if you need to read up on shit prior to trying out. Talk to your recruiter though, he or she can provide the details.
11/17/11 4:50 AM
zaiontz

Only thing is if i go in for 20 yrs as whatever i get.. Will 6 yrs from my 20 be in cct if i make it Phone Post
11/18/11 12:51 AM
DevilDawg

If you make it in CCT you can make it your caree. as you get older you will be more in the area of training, planning and administration.
11/20/11 12:14 PM
virux11b
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DevilDawg - I think it's any MOS can try out for it, unless it's an MOS that is in high need and requires lots of training. I would say pick an MOS that will give you enough time to train up for it.
Bro, you forget. The recruiter chooses their jobs. While I pick on the Marines for their process, the AF is the worst for job selection. of course, if all you want to do is be a cct then just be happy with whatever and try out for it. Pararescue is the best they have IMO. Phone Post
11/21/11 3:54 PM
DevilDawg

I didn't even realize that the realize that AF completely picks your MOS, I thought you could at least pic the field.

Damn, didn't matter for me though since I picked an MOS that most people didn't want. I had a choice of various MOSs in electronics and aviation, but infantry was the job for me. I went to go infantry because if I don't I will always wonder what it would be like to be a grunt. Now I've done well for myself as a civilian, I wonder what would of happened if I would have became a POG.
11/21/11 3:59 PM
virux11b
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Infantry IS the only job! USAF reciters will have you pick up to 8-10 jobs. Then every month they pick who gets the job. Let's say this, perfect, perfect world scenario. You get the job you want and know your basic training date. If a guy walks in that scores higher then you and wants your job, they can give it to him and put your ass in limbo.

Doesn't sound like people I want to work for. At least the marines tell you your a fucking marine and a job comes second. AF recruiters are the fucking worst. Phone Post
11/28/11 12:09 AM
ThatOneGuy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I came into the air force they gave me a list of jobs based on my asvab. I scored high in electronics so I got mostly avionics jobs and I'm going to work on bombers Phone Post
11/28/11 1:10 AM
virux11b

ThatOneGuy - When I came into the air force they gave me a list of jobs based on my asvab. I scored high in electronics so I got mostly avionics jobs and I'm going to work on bombers Phone Post
So you are or you are going to? I hope it works out for you. I've just had people pissed off about it. Phone Post
12/21/11 8:49 AM
AmmoMan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I joined (albeit 10 years ago), the AF let me choose my job, with a signing bonus, and a guaranteed slot to basic. Never had the "getting dicked over by my recruiter" story that seems to be the theme on here. And I picked AMMO for gods sakes. Phone Post
12/21/11 2:57 PM
virux11b

AmmoMan - When I joined (albeit 10 years ago), the AF let me choose my job, with a signing bonus, and a guaranteed slot to basic. Never had the "getting dicked over by my recruiter" story that seems to be the theme on here. And I picked AMMO for gods sakes. Phone Post
I'm sure it's changed in that time. It changes all the damn time. Phone Post
12/21/11 4:03 PM
AmmoMan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll ask some of my younger troops tonight. Phone Post
12/21/11 5:38 PM
virux11b

AmmoMan - I'll ask some of my younger troops tonight. Phone Post
You have recruiters under you? As much as we in the service think we know everything about it, I didn't know jack shit about the recruiting process until I was made to go to school for it. You can argue all you want about the issue, but I've heard it straight from the horses mouth. I doubt some e1 knows shit. But have fun. Not trying to be a jerk, but regular servicemen know shit about the recruiting process. Phone Post
7/12/12 11:17 PM
Guida4President
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I went in I had a guaranteed job that I chose. Don't let them bullshit you on that! DO NOT GO IN OPEN GENERAL OUR YOU WILL BE FUCKING MISERABLE! Phone Post
7/12/12 11:36 PM
virux11b

Guida4President - When I went in I had a guaranteed job that I chose. Don't let them bullshit you on that! DO NOT GO IN OPEN GENERAL OUR YOU WILL BE FUCKING MISERABLE! Phone Post
^^^this man has the answer! Phone Post
7/13/12 12:15 AM
ThatOneGuy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. Open general = Cop
Open mechanic = Crew Chief
I work on the flight line as a nerd. Its not bad Phone Post
7/13/12 5:56 AM
Guida4President
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you go in 3d0, you are guaranteed air conditioning and heating wherever you go! Phone Post
1/31/13 1:28 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the AF you can try out to be whatever. I don't think they pick your job, I at least got to choose. Phone Post
1/6/14 5:01 AM
Rafael135
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

virux11b -
Guida4President - When I went in I had a guaranteed job that I chose. Don't let them bullshit you on that! DO NOT GO IN OPEN GENERAL OUR YOU WILL BE FUCKING MISERABLE! Phone Post
^^^this man has the answer! Phone Post
Omg this...

When I joined I was 20 or so college credits away from getting my bachelor's in health science and scored above a 90 on the ASVAB.

The recruiter told me that if I went open general I could choose any medical job that I wanted... I ended up flipping burgers at the DFAC.... Phone Post 3.0
1/6/14 5:02 AM
Rafael135
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never noticed how old this thread was btw. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.