UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> Qutb and Hegel

2/1/12 8:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Subadie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Qutb is clearly a student o fHegel, and speaks much of Allah as "Will" in a way that is clearly reflective of Hegel's idealism. His writings have also similarly been used to create a kind argument underlying fascism. i.e. Hegel's ideas were used by many of the pre-war fascist movements, and Qutb's idea are underlying many of the Salafi/Wahabbi moevement, that have understandably been described as Islamo-Fascist. At first, I thought that Islamo-Fascist is some Fox News non-sense, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Thoughts ?
1/28/13 7:12 PM
hockeychick
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know that much about Hegel, but I know he was a huge influence on Sartre (which I just finished re-reading).  Not being very helpful, I know, but the part I know about Hegel is that he says one human is always trying to dominate and control the other human which leads to constant conflict inherent in every type of human relationship.  I don't know enough about the Islam thing though.

10/4/13 1:53 AM
El_Geronimo_de_Gato
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here s what i know about Hegel, he was the most influential philosopher of his time basic creating the lattice work for 19th century european philosophy to grow upon. Marx and Nietzsche wrote much on Hegel.

Also, his books are really hard to read.

Yes, i see similarities between Hegelianism's lending to fascist ideals and Qutb - islamo fascism.

so, yes.

10/4/13 1:53 AM
El_Geronimo_de_Gato
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

basically *

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.