UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage has some words for Joe Rogan

2/20/12 6:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
frontrowbrian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe,

Can you get Alex Jones to do an appearance with you the night before UFC Atlanta?

I got to meet him at UFC Houston. I figured he was your guest.
2/20/12 6:47 AM
Internet
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe, I agree with you that Rampage would feel differently if you explained this to him. I definitely don't think that you were unfairly biased against Rampage, but I think it's inevitable that in calling some fights you're going to have some fighters that take offence with how you call their performance.

I've been praying that you'll have Rampage on your podcast at some point, and I really hope this doesn't mean it will never happen. Try and get him on the show - while he's training in California. That would be an INCREDIBLE episode if you can sort all this out beforehand.

P.S. Try and get Bas back at some point. A show with him and Rampage talking Pride glory days would be unbelievable.

Keep up the good work Joe. Podcast is the future.
2/20/12 7:49 AM
Rival School

frontrowbrian -  Joe,

Can you get Alex Jones to do an appearance with you the night before UFC Atlanta?

I got to meet him at UFC Houston. I figured he was your guest.
Joe,

Ignore this Ginger snitch. Phone Post
2/20/12 7:56 AM
Lovetriscuit
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dissapointing Rampage is so butt hurt by this. Anyone who listens to Joe talk about mma or listen to his podcast knows how much he is on Rampages nuts not only for the Pride days, but how tough/blathletic he is.

2/20/12 8:08 AM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Joe criticizes Rampage because he's a fan and wants to see him do more with his potential, I feel the same way to an extent. If Rampage had a Jon Jones-style 'honor student' approach to the sport he could easily have been as successful as Jon Jones is now. For all his talk of giving the fans what they want, I can remember moments in the Rashad and Forrest fights where everyone I was watching with was just screaming for him to come forward and take the initiative. He can be frustrating to watch as a fan.

Also I've never thought of Joe as biased towards BJJ fighters. In fact I always thought the complete opposite, he's overly critical of fighters using their BJJ in MMA. Like he used to be a bit 'armchair jiujitsu', holding MMA fighters' BJJ technique to the standards of sport grappling, which I think is unfair because it's much harder to have graceful technique when you're getting beaten up.

That is from a few years back though, he doesn't do it too much any more. My new pet hate of Rogan is that every time there's a nutshot now we get a little mini podcast about the issue of nut guarding and the various products available on the market, it's not a huge annoyance but tbh during a fight I'm not overly interested in what manner of contraption is snuggling a fighter's balls under his shorts. Especially when he starts discussing Thai cups and strings, it evokes mental images that are unpleasant, unwelcome and inappropriate.
2/20/12 8:11 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe, yo breff stink too :) Phone Post
2/20/12 8:20 AM
Dmoney35
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe is fear factor cancelled??? Heard rumors but hope they are not true. Phone Post
2/20/12 8:33 AM
Master Shredder
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage is correct Rogan is annoying as hell with his bias nuthugging of certain fighters other than that i'm a big fan of Rogan
2/20/12 8:43 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/daveshaps/quinton1.gif?t=1310144348

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/daveshaps/quinton3.gif?t=1310144577

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/daveshaps/quinton4.gif?t=1310144479
2/20/12 8:52 AM
InYourMomaCloset
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can this guy not form a free flowing sentence or something?

He is one of the most irrating guys to listen to.

"em... yeah....well, how it's gon' be.....emmmm.......".

And he spends the rest of the time trying to out dick the interviewer.

Please don't make any more interviews with this guy.

When he fights, I'll tune in to watch him.
But I just don't want to listen to him.
2/20/12 8:56 AM
Damienhls

rmpge plyin some pocket pool
2/20/12 9:04 AM
UGCTT_Zjjitsu705
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

everything else is...virtually identical! 
2/20/12 9:19 AM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Joe Rogan -  I think he'd beat the shit out of me too.  :)
Hahaha Joe your the man!! Phone Post
2/20/12 9:19 AM
Jmart760

I smoke rock Joe Rogan! Phone Post
2/20/12 10:08 AM
martiallaw666

Rampage is the man! lmao.
2/20/12 10:16 AM
Masakyst
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe, during the post fight interview, put on your best troll face and ask "Rampage, y u no throw leg kicks???"
2/20/12 10:41 AM
mentaloriental

omg that ass picture on joes pits is too good lol... i scrolled like 10 times and didn't notice till now LOL..........
2/20/12 11:02 AM
Xad
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/12 11:05 AM
Put in a 3rd opinionated commentator (fighter) who can provide technical insight for all parts of the game and also provide a counter opinion.

Maybe switch the position around to give different fighters a chance to try it out; there are a lot of good talkers in the UFC who are extremely quick thinking and provide great analysis of what is going on.
2/20/12 11:22 AM
CesarGracieJewJitsu

i phone cok suckas
2/20/12 11:24 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/12 11:27 AM
Rampage is the type of guy I wouldn't want to piss off.

Looking at old Rampage fights, it's true that he's fallen in love with his hands. The dude used to do it all. He had some of the most devastating GnP in MMA.
2/20/12 11:24 AM
chaplinshouse
732 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage IS one dimensional and it's not just when facing a wrestler.  He's sensitive because he knows its true.  If you're a LHW, there would be no easier guy to gameplan for.   He has a great KO punch but if you're only going to stand and look for the KO, you better at least be almost on a pro boxing level and he's not.  If he only wasn't lazy and was able to admit (and work on) his weaknesses, holy shit he'd be a beast.  That's all his detractors are saying, no need to get sensitive on it. 
2/20/12 11:27 AM
Neil Funk

I don't know how Joe is supposed to do his job if he has to bend to every guy who cries about what he says during their fights.
2/20/12 11:38 AM
Cotton
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take him to the Olive Garden, Joe. All will be forgiven.
2/20/12 11:44 AM
tinytuffnutz
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If we were in the same position as Joe, 95% of us would all have similar assessments of Rampage's game. Rampage is an all time great, and very exciting. But let's call a spade, a spade, and that's what Rogan is doing.
2/20/12 11:46 AM
Cotton
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tinytuffnutz- But let's call a spade, a spade, and that's what Rogan is doing.

Did you just recently get fired from ESPN?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.