UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage has some words for Joe Rogan

2/20/12 2:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SleepBomb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Musashi - Is he playing with his DICK during the interview?!

Classy.

maybe he had jizz and it dired up and stuck the tip of his dick to his underwear
2/20/12 2:06 PM
Joe Sons nuts

Joe Rogan -  For the record, I like Rampage a lot.  I've always enjoyed hanging out and talking with him.  I'm sure if I talked with him about all this stuff he would feel a lot better about it.  I'm certainly not hating on him, I'm a fan.  When I talk about his game it's because I have to analyze things objectively, and I think he's one of the toughest, most dangerous guys in the game.  If I describe something that I wish he would do it's because I think his athletic and fighting potential is immense. 

Fighters are very sensitive. It appears that it's more about you calling him one-dimensional at some point (I don't even remember that but it seems to be what got to him judging from that interview).

Although, in my personal opinion, he kind of is these days.

2/20/12 2:34 PM
Yelm
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never thought he was funny before and this video didn't do anything to change my opinion of him.  If he truly doesn't care about what Rogan thinks (like he says in the video) then why is there a 3 minute tirade.  Yes he is one dimensional, yes his jiujitsu sucks.  Rogan is a commentator and so he points out things that could be done.

I hope Bader ko's him.  I would then like to see a rematch with Shogun to put him in his place.
2/20/12 2:40 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man
Fighters make me laugh. Silly Rampage and his silly EGO.
2/20/12 2:46 PM
mark9
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lmfao rampage +1 in my book
2/20/12 2:53 PM
Jeronimo12
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's gonna be great when rogan goes into the cage after the fight. Phone Post
2/20/12 2:53 PM
GtheMVP

Rampage is such a child-like bully, what a fucking baby.

This POS should have been in jail for his "Rampage", but it was Zuffa who backed him legally/financially, and people like Joe who backed him up personally in the public eye. This prick has no class, he's always quick to trash anyone who has anything critical to say of him, regardless of how well they treated him him in the past. He must have no real friends.

I hope Bader retires him, i'm tired of fake fighters hanging on for the paycheck. Rampage was a beast at one time, he's just mailing it in now.

2/20/12 2:54 PM
weepingbeaver

Jeronimo12 - It's gonna be great when rogan goes into the cage after the fight. Phone Post
Aaaaaaakward... Phone Post
2/20/12 2:55 PM
GtheMVP

Edited: 02/20/12 3:00 PM
<blockquote>LAE - Anyone else remember a video the UFC put out on their website around the time Rampage signed with the UFC? Him and Rogan riding around like a "day in the life" and Rogan tapped him with a RNC when they where rolling. Rampage meets someone from Wu Tang while he's driving around in his truck. I can't find the video anywhere</blockquote><br /><br />

Rampage let him, I'l lgive him that
2/20/12 2:56 PM
Schmalls

Hes just trying to be funny, not a big deal IMO
2/20/12 2:58 PM
GtheMVP

Schmalls - Hes just trying to be funny, not a big deal IMO

No he's not, he's a just a giant asshole, I'm tired of people apologising for him.
2/20/12 2:59 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do these guys keep trying to feud with the color commentator?

Joe is a straight up guy, it's not like he is making outrageous claims here. He is making statements based off of his extensive MMA knowledge, and his knowledge of Rampage's past fights.

Rampage is gifted, and he has the skills, but fact is fact, in his fights he doesn't use the entire package to create openings for his punches. He goes into boxer mode. I understand what he is saying about BJJ, but since Chuck he hasn't really shown the diversity he has in any of his other fights.
2/20/12 3:01 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed Phone Post
2/20/12 3:02 PM
jordan232010

Ttt for joe,
No homo.. Phone Post
2/20/12 3:06 PM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Porkchop - 
LAE - Anyone else remember a video the UFC put out on their website around the time Rampage signed with the UFC? Him and Rogan riding around like a "day in the life" and Rogan tapped him with a RNC when they where rolling. Rampage meets someone from Wu Tang while he's driving around in his truck. I can't find the video anywhere

would love to see that video.

pretty sure that was from the rampage all access spike show
2/20/12 3:15 PM
Woodford Mike
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Logic and Rampage go together as well as water and oil. LOL@ him saying he could kick Rogan's ass....that's like Tom Brady calling out Al Michaels by saying he has a better arm and can throw a football farther downfield. Phone Post
2/20/12 3:27 PM
lookoutawhale
1010 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe is making the right call.  Rampage cant blame Rogan for being a 1 dimensional puncher. Joe is correct in saying that rampage should mix things up. He needs to balance out his kicks and punches with takedowns to keep his opponent guessing. Even when Rampage is losing he doenst change anything up. He just keeps throwing telegraphed punches. He needs to stop being a boxer and fight as a mixed martial artist. But Rampage is right its his fight, but that doesnt mean people have to like it a dry fight like that.

Rampage has been a super boring fighter in the UFC. No takedowns, no kicks just circle circle cirle punch for 5 rounds. He waits 5 rounds for a KO that never comes, loses and then swears he will come back stronger and return as a well rounded mixed martial artist that will harness his kicks and wrestling.

Then the next fight comes around and is just as boring as the last. He puts the rock bottom amount of effort into his fight it seems. This fight will be the same with Bader. It will be 5 rounds of Rampage looking for a KO that will never come.

2/20/12 3:35 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale -  Joe is making the right call.  Rampage cant blame Rogan for being a 1 dimensional puncher. Joe is correct in saying that rampage should mix things up. He needs to balance out his kicks and punches with takedowns to keep his opponent guessing. Even when Rampage is losing he doenst change anything up. He just keeps throwing telegraphed punches. He needs to stop being a boxer and fight as a mixed martial artist. But Rampage is right its his fight, but that doesnt mean people have to like it a dry fight like that.

Rampage has been a super boring fighter in the UFC. No takedowns, no kicks just circle circle cirle punch for 5 rounds. He waits 5 rounds for a KO that never comes, loses and then swears he will come back stronger and return as a well rounded mixed martial artist that will harness his kicks and wrestling.

Then the next fight comes around and is just as boring as the last. He puts the rock bottom amount of effort into his fight it seems. This fight will be the same with Bader. It will be 5 rounds of Rampage looking for a KO that will never come.

#mammaliantruth Phone Post
2/20/12 3:45 PM
PMcG
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The next interview will be interesting. Joe was only saying what everyone else thinks, rampage is the same every fight he can't defend the leg kick and doesn't throw leg kicks, having said that he's my probably still my favorite fighter. Phone Post
2/20/12 3:48 PM
Kostakio
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogan, you'd probably beat the shit out of HIM at this point. I used to like Rampage but no one insults my man-crush. Phone Post
2/20/12 4:02 PM
Mrthesnake
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone remember that video a few years of joe and rampage rolling? It might have been all access or something. Rampage was like there ain't no way I'm letting joe rogan beat me lol. It was cool to see joe and him rolling Phone Post
2/20/12 4:09 PM
trianglezilla

Joe Rogan -  For the record, I like Rampage a lot.  I've always enjoyed hanging out and talking with him.  I'm sure if I talked with him about all this stuff he would feel a lot better about it.  I'm certainly not hating on him, I'm a fan.  When I talk about his game it's because I have to analyze things objectively, and I think he's one of the toughest, most dangerous guys in the game.  If I describe something that I wish he would do it's because I think his athletic and fighting potential is immense. 

Spot on. If a friend, team mate or maybe even a fan said that to rampage he would not react how he has with you. Because of your position he can unfairly make the situation seem like something it's not. Rampage is an amazing fighter and you have never said otherwise, well done joe I think your commentary is top and I'm a big fan of your own various work, don't let this bother you, peace from england brother. Phone Post
2/20/12 4:13 PM
Leghound
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I swear it's as if MMA athletes aren't familiar with EVERY OTHER PRO SPORT IN THE WORLD and how those athletes are criticized and analyzed to the N-th.
2/20/12 4:14 PM
KKM
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Rogan, at least he complimented your Jitz. lol
2/20/12 4:16 PM
ds1970
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StayRad -
Pork Sword -
ds1970 -
irishrottie - Its simply Joes style of commentating. At times he gets hung up repeating certain things like the leg kicks for example. Rampage feels like Joe is making him out to have a useless style at times. He feels as if Joe is making it seem like he knows more than him about fighting and what he should do.

I like Joe, but I noticed this too. I also noticed that he sometimes gets hung up on a fighter's size like with Bendo for example. Back when Bendo was in the WEC, commentators really didn't talk about him being a huge lhw, but Joe talks about it every time Bendo fights.
Bendo has muscular legs, but he doesn't look huge to me. He certainly didn't look that big when he fought Cowboy, Pettis, Varner, etc.
It's not all about height. Learn to judge thickness. Phone Post
And he's not lhw lol Phone Post
Meant to say LW. Even with thickness, I don't see Bendo as a massive LW. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.