UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW on King Mo: I've made mistakes too

4/15/12 7:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Former Strikeforce Lightheavyweight champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal recently tested positive for the Performance Enhancing Drug Drostanolone in a post fight urinalysis administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. At a hearing on Monday Lawal was sharply questioned by NSAC Commissioner Pat Lundvall, who at one point asked "Can you read English?"

The NSAC ultimately declared Lawal's win over Larkin a No Contest, fined him $39,000 (30% percent of his $80,000 show purse, and 100% of his $15,000 win bonus, suspended for nine months, and he is subject to further testing in order to be relicensed. 

Lawal took offense at the questioning by Lundvall, and a short time later called her a "racist b---" on twitter. He was shortly thereafter released by Strikeforce parent company ZUFFA.

Lawal is free to apply for a license in Nevada when his suspension ends in October, but his employment by ZUFFA has been very much in question.

UFC President Dana White discussed the issue following Saturday's post-UFC on FUEL TV 2 press conference.

"We'll see how this whole thing goes down," said White. "The fact that he called her and reached out to her, I mean that's what he should have done. It's respectable. I respect that."

"Some of the dummies in the press started talking about me cutting him as if this was something between me and him. What people have to understand, this is way bigger than me and him. First of all, this guy is an unlicensed fighter. He's not licensed. He just got busted using something. Everybody has their due process. He will have his day before the commission. He went before the commission, and they said, 'We're suspending you for nine months,' and he got whatever was handed down to him. Now, he has to go before the Nevada State Athletic Commission again before he can get licensed.

"He called her a racist b----. These are the people that oversee me, too. These are the people that can tell me, 'You can no longer have a license.' It's bigger than me and him. It's bigger than that. So he's got his own problems before he's got to deal with me. You understand what I'm saying? He's got to go back before the commission to get licensed."

"I'm going into court, and before the judge hands this sentence to me, I say, 'Hey, judge, before you sentence me, I'd just like you to know that I think you're a b----. 'Alright, go ahead. What do you want to do to me now?' That's literally what he did.

"Before he gets licensed again, he has to go before the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and that is not going to be a fun day for him, I would have to imagine. Maybe I'm wrong."

"Everybody makes mistakes. I say this all the time, and it's all in how you handle yourself after the mistakes.

"I'm not Mr. Perfect. I've made a lot of mistakes myself, and I will make more. There's other guys, too. Tito Ortiz still fights in the UFC."

Read entire article...

4/15/12 7:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
damane08
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet when he comes back he'll be in the UFC
4/15/12 7:13 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
TTT.
4/15/12 7:37 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr. Perfect you're not Blap
4/15/12 7:38 PM
RandyDarsh
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I laughed when Dana explained how dumb it was for king mo to call te woman a racist bitch Phone Post
4/15/12 7:41 PM
Bigmeech
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brave mother... Yo that king mo Phone Post
4/15/12 8:03 PM
MikeA1129

So the reem will fight?
4/15/12 8:50 PM
swany

Straight into UFC ..... If that happens it must surely piss melendeZ off ... Guy gets busted returns to UFC and Melendez still stuck in 2nd tier competition doing everything right
4/16/12 10:24 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Say what you like about Dana but compared to the people who run professional sports in the States he is a very lenient guy when it comes to suspending fighters....parting ways.

I do think he will give Mo another shot. But i also think he will keep him in Strikeforce.I do think he is an awesome fighter but he first needs to win back that belt and retain it for a while in Strikeforce before jumping ship to the UFC. Dana needs him more in strikeforce then in the UFC at the moment.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.