UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> guy from tv show 'Swamp People' is an mma fighter!

4/19/12 11:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Skellington
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jay Paul 'JP' Molinere

Alligators aren’t the only scary things Swamp People‘s Jay Paul Molinere does battle with because when he’s not in an air boat with pop RJ Molinere Jay Paul is in the boxing ring working on his people fighting skills! As we mentioned in our profile on the father/son reptile hunting duo, Jay Paul is an accomplished boxer and Mixed Martial Arts fighter.

Jay Paul recently recorded a video with The History Channel in which he talks about how he got started in the ring and how the skills he learns inside the ropes translate to “fishin’ gators” in the swamps of Louisiana:

Here’s some of what Jay Paul had to say in the clip:

“I started boxing when I was six years old. I was always the smallest, always the youngest. My dad always said, ‘Look you need to learn how to fight ’cause it’s gonna get rough at that age.’

“I started fighting as a way to keep my time occupied because being hyper like I was I would be getting into something – I needed something to control my thoughts and keep me active always. I t was just a good past time, and everybody was boxing. Everybody did the same thing so it was just like something we all did.

“My Uncle Elsie is still my trainer. He always wanted me to do boxing. He always did follow me, he always did encourage me, he always seen something in me. He always pushed me to my limits, made sure I was working hard, made sure I was doing everything right.

“As an uncle – I don’t look at his as just an uncle. He’s my coach. In the gym we’re family but we’re not family. He’s the boss … It’s family that helps each other but it’s all BS aside – it’s business.”

Towards the end he talks about the connection to hunting alligators:

“With fishing gators you don’t know what your getting into on that line. … And you don’t know what that opponent has in store for you so you never underestimate anything – with fighting, fishing gators or anything, you can never underestimate. As soon as you underestimate something, something is going to happen, something will go wrong. So the best thing to do is expect the worst and hope for the best.”

Be sure to check out our full profile of Jay Paul and his dad RJ (who is a 4-time arm wrestling national champion by the way!) to see a video clip of Jay Paul in an actual cage match and to find out a little more about the family’s Native American roots as members of the Houma Nation.

http://starcasm.net/archives/101678

4/19/12 11:26 AM
Right Hand JO Power
1223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has big muscles. Phone Post
4/19/12 11:33 AM
Jack Skellington
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/19/12 11:50 AM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm an avid Swamp People fan.  When I first heard this on the show, I was kind of skeptical thinking that he was one of the new "trane UFC" type of people.....then I saw him hit pads.  Jay Paul knows how to throw, that's for sure, haven't seen him grapple, but being a 2x golden gloves champ isn't a cereal box toy.

I'd be very curious to see his next fight.
4/19/12 11:53 AM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this show. I saw the episode where he was hitting pads and was kind of impressed. His dad looks strong as hell.
4/19/12 11:53 AM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this show. I saw the episode where he was hitting pads and was kind of impressed. His dad looks strong as hell.
4/19/12 11:56 AM
GMUNIT
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great show, bro
4/19/12 12:00 PM
Synado
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are probably my favorite ones on the show. Much more relaxed then the other captains. Tommy and Junior are my least favorite.
4/19/12 12:08 PM
Jack Skellington

Junior is a dick, always pointing fingers when things go wrong.

His boy Willy is a good lad though. See the episode where is dad accidently shot him? Jesus christ!
4/19/12 12:17 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woah woah woah, if we're talking about favorites on the show, my vote HAS to go to Troy (and his son Jacob), no one loves huntin' gators more than those two and you can tell in the HORRIBLY fantastic songs they sing.

But if we're talking about non-main characters, my vote HAS to go to those two swamp brothers (I don't even remember what they're names are) who fish gars and drag logs out of the swamp.  I would easily watch a show set entirely around them.
4/19/12 12:19 PM
GMUNIT
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -  Woah woah woah, if we're talking about favorites on the show, my vote HAS to go to Troy ....

Choot 'em, Lizzie. Choot!
4/19/12 12:29 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What channel is this show on direct tv? Y'all got me interested. And shit even got me saying y'all Phone Post
4/19/12 12:38 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome show Phone Post
4/19/12 12:43 PM
Synado
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 - What channel is this show on direct tv? Y'all got me interested. And shit even got me saying y'all Phone Post

You can probably watch old episodes on Hulu.
4/19/12 12:46 PM
GNPfan
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tank by gogoplata -  His dad looks strong as hell.

I believe in one episode I heard that the father is big into arm wrestling.
4/19/12 12:57 PM
Snappy Whistleteeth
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GNPfan - 

He's a beast at 154lb.  4x world champ, 11x national champ, 2x GNC, 2x Arnold Classic.   
4/19/12 1:22 PM
Voodoo

Bruce is the bad ass on that show. He hunts by himself!! Well, with just his dog.
4/19/12 1:30 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler

Voodoo - Bruce is the bad ass on that show. He hunts by himself!! Well, with just his dog.

Although I agree that Bruce hunti' solo is BA, I haven't seen ANYTHING on that show more BA than Willie (Junior's son) STABBING A GATOR IN THE SKULL WITH HIS POCKET KNIFE to kill it.....I still can't believe he did that.  He just like walked up behind it all slow and just jammed his knife into his skull, instant kill.

Between that and his trebble hook, no can defend.
4/19/12 1:34 PM
Voodoo

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler - 
Voodoo - Bruce is the bad ass on that show. He hunts by himself!! Well, with just his dog.

Although I agree that Bruce hunti' solo is BA, I haven't seen ANYTHING on that show more BA than Willie (Junior's son) STABBING A GATOR IN THE SKULL WITH HIS POCKET KNIFE to kill it.....I still can't believe he did that.  He just like walked up behind it all slow and just jammed his knife into his skull, instant kill.

Wow, I missed that episode, that sounds awesome! Treble hook is pretty impressive too.
4/19/12 1:37 PM
thenino
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how bout a j paul versus leland celebrity mma fight for charity.
4/19/12 2:03 PM
Synado

Snappy Whistleteeth - 
GNPfan - 

He's a beast at 154lb.  4x world champ, 11x national champ, 2x GNC, 2x Arnold Classic.   

Its really cool when you find out that its not just hype.
4/19/12 2:37 PM
Hendpwned
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill put my money on this guy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_s3CEKuJPGog/SteNnvUTzxI/AAAAAAAAQuM/jLN2D0d9QiU/s400/Matthias_Schlitte_brazos_distintos.jpg
4/19/12 2:41 PM
12SixElbow
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUZbLMi0SU

Him pounding some dude out
4/19/12 3:27 PM
GMUNIT

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler - 

Willie is my fav for sure. I love the commercial when it shows all the different character, looking rough all close-up shots, then a young blonde kid (Willie), sorta of looking out of place. His smirk turns to a smile and shows half his fucking teeth are gone LOL
4/19/12 4:33 PM
Jsteven
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a video on YouTube of him, he looked to have some raw talent and very good cardio. He didn't know how to sprawl or seem to know much on the ground but raw power got him through it . Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.