UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> alternative worship at my church

11/20/12 10:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reverend john
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have spoken with a few unitarians. They seem to be very devout and focused people. I think I have a lot in common with them. I have not however looked into their of worship. As a house church we have a pretty organic thing going on, and I don't mess with that very much. We have a list, and everyone signs up to do different parts of our time together. Each week someone else cooks, someone cleans up, someone teaches and leads a discussion and someone leads us in some part of our mystical tradition (communion, confession, prayer, worship). Having everyone take turns at different tasks allows us to have every joint supply in ways that are quite compelling. It also causes people to do deeper study and thought for the areas in which they are leading

rev
11/20/12 5:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you mean you actually encourage people to participate and ask questions and think for themselves? BAH! so unscriptural.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.