UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Ads in the iPhone app?????

11/1/12 3:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJS19ad6 - Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
11/1/12 3:55 PM
Chomas
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BravoPUA - And my reason for bringing up iPhone 5 update=. The app is already smaller than the screen. Adding ads makes the screen real estate even smaller.

Great idea!!! Phone Post
No shit it's annoying. Phone Post
11/1/12 4:58 PM
BravoPUA
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/12 4:59 PM
disbeliever - 
BravoPUA - 
disbeliever -
FirstScratch - Placing ads in a paid app is definitely against the norm. Doing so without first addressing the greater concerns of your customers is completely unacceptable. And to have the audacity to complain about your customers complaining about such shenanigans? It's fairly simple. Refine your product. It's been a work in progress in work for far too long. If you want to utilize ads, do it on a lite app for free like like every other application.

I'm just curious. Who are you referring to that "complained about your customers complaining about such shenanigans"?
Maybe it was this part

"that tells me you are just someone that likes to complain for the sake of complaining. Maybe I am wrong."

Which I also didn't like.

Once money is involved, it changes from "guys on a forum" to customers

I like to go the extra mile to take care of my customers.

...others don't. Phone Post

I'm pretty sure I have made an honest effort to address questions and answer them honestly and politely.

You were doing nothing to help the situation when you said "instead of taking the time to make this app worse". That to me is just complaining just to complain. You were not asking a question, but taking a dig. You were not being constructive, instead you were implying everything done is a fail and makes things worse.

And again with implications that this site, and Kirik/Chris don't like to "take care of their customers". When has Kirik ever done anything but be polite and help people on this site? Just a few days ago he was giving away blue names for anyone who donated to charity. I would call that "going the extra mile" wouldn't you?

And as I was implying with my question I'm just curious. Who are you referring to that "complained about your customers complaining about such shenanigans"? I was not in any way "complaining about people complaining". I have no issues at all with people complaining about things if they do it in a constructive way. You just seem to be complaining for the sake of it and taking digs when you can at this site and the owners. I.e. implying we are wasting time on making things "worse" and that this site doesn't take care of its customers.

Have you emailed and PM'd Chris and Kirik about your issues? Have they responded to you? What about Jason? Even savage napkin is an admin now, you could email him.

Seeing as how I am the only red who responded to this thread, I think that shows I am trying to help.

I will say it again, a list of action items are in dev regarding the app and either issues it has, or updates it needs to make it a better experience for users. And in case you missed it the first time, I said I would look into the ad banners showing up all of the time and get an answer.

I appreciate you looking into

look at my other posts, I am not one who likes to complain, or likes to complain for the sake of complaining

I emailed Kirik and support before, when ios6 was coming out, about the youtube glitch, I actually was trying to be helpful and let them know about it ahead of time- that way they could fix it before the update went live- to help avoid a huge cluster F

*on the app it wouldnt load any post with a youtube video in it

I never heard anything back from the email= so learned that emailing them isn't very helpful...

anyways when something like this happens, posting it on the forum, so others who are also unhappy with it can chime in, makes it more likely for something to come of it

lastly, after being told one thing and that turning out to NOT be true- it's better to bump this thread, to show the history

:)

11/1/12 5:08 PM
BravoPUA
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/1/12 6:02 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've had a change of heart.

If Ads will genuinely bring in cash to improve the APP then I'm all for it. Phone Post
11/1/12 6:30 PM
Cara Cicatriz
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival -
AJS19ad6 - Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
11/2/12 6:54 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - I've had a change of heart.

If Ads will genuinely bring in cash to improve the APP then I'm all for it. Phone Post
so what do all these blue names do? Phone Post
11/2/12 8:37 AM
TheNothing
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - I've had a change of heart.

This is what I said the last time ads were in the app. What improvements have been made since then? Phone Post
11/2/12 9:08 AM
Kingtony87
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ad's are quite lame and I still remember the shit storm of trying to get a android app that worked in the first place. I genuinely think that the powers that be here are decent people but their customer service here is a tad lacking. So until I either have ad's removed or a free version comes out and I get my 2$ back. One star it is. Phone Post
11/2/12 9:08 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this site is a joke, there are better sites with less invasive ads that are better kept with NO rediculous pay gate.

the reason this pay gate still exists is because you people still pay to see fapout... Phone Post
11/2/12 9:26 AM
disbeliever
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
SonOfThePeepHole -  this site is a joke, there are better sites with less invasive ads that are better kept with NO rediculous pay gate.

the reason this pay gate still exists is because you people still pay to see fapout... Phone Post

You don't even have a blue name, so I fail to see why this is why you feel the "site is a joke".
11/2/12 10:03 AM
BravoPUA

Any update?

Haven't seen them for a bit Phone Post
11/2/12 10:23 AM
disbeliever
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
BravoPUA -  Any update?

Asking about the ads
11/2/12 11:18 AM
Chomas
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonOfThePeepHole - this site is a joke, there are better sites with less invasive ads that are better kept with NO rediculous pay gate.

Lets not go too far but it is annoying. Phone Post
11/2/12 11:29 AM
Darth Ryase
1431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ads on the app again...that's obnoxious. I've pretty much accepted you guys are determined to have them in there, but putting them where the Next and Last page buttons were is a douche move. This site is already loaded with shit and now an app I paid for has apps in every thread. That's fantastic.

Oh well, just thought I'd get my 2 cents in before my bluename expires in 3 days and my opinion no longer matters.

11/2/12 12:04 PM
BravoPUA

disbeliever -
BravoPUA -  Any update?

Asking about the ads
Yes. Haven't seen the ads in the last several hours.

Is there any update on why they were up. Why there are down. Why we were told they were going down after a weekend, then added back. And why they seem to be down again.

And agree with putting add where buttons normally are.

Total dick move, trying to get a few more clicks from people accidentally hitting them. Phone Post
11/2/12 11:53 PM
SonOfThePeepHole

disbeliever -
SonOfThePeepHole -  this site is a joke, there are better sites with less invasive ads that are better kept with NO rediculous pay gate.

You don't even have a blue name, so I fail to see why this is why you feel the "site is a joke".
Yeah WONDER why i dont have a blue?

See? Phone Post
11/2/12 11:56 PM
SonOfThePeepHole

disbeliever -

And what exactly does a blue name get me thats of any value?

I have paid for the iphone and android app but still see ads, if i had a blue name i would still see ads in the app and on the site?

So again whats a blue for except for lining KirIks pocket? Phone Post
11/3/12 12:21 AM
BravoPUA

SonOfThePeepHole - 
disbeliever -

And what exactly does a blue name get me thats of any value?

I have paid for the iphone and android app but still see ads, if i had a blue name i would still see ads in the app and on the site?

So again whats a blue for except for lining KirIks pocket? Phone Post

it use to be to support the site, and even something similar to what I do on my (small) forum

but

I dont have ANY ads on it

now that they are forcing them down our throats- the "support the site" mindset is going away fast

I just can't wrap my head around this way of thinking

people come to a site= make it awesome

site gets good page rank

start selling ads to make $$

and not take care of the guys who helped get it to this point, make it less and less user friendly

until you get to the point that it's annoying

then ignore members- or lie to them about

-typed as I was forced to constantly look at a HORRIBLE flash ad for LAB TESTING

JUST what I want to see while I am typing this out- just the right of the screen

-I've been around since submission fighting- not some new guys who just likes to bitch for the sake of bitching
11/3/12 12:22 AM
BravoPUA

Ive also notching the site is slowing down

taking too long to load flash ads- g+ twitter and facebook buttons
11/3/12 12:28 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

But Bravo, Kirik has all the blue name revenue coming in why would he change a thing?

I'm a member of countless boards and never have I seen a paid subscription off ANY SORT still have ad content or even more ridiculous have a pay gate to use BASIC forum features?

Kiriks clientele are the only people I've ever seen get duped into this Phone Post
11/3/12 2:05 AM
BravoPUA

I tell my students to come to this site

Ive said it during talks- some on youtube have quite a few views

the OG is hilarious- and great MAN advice

-but think a lot of this stuff- ads- are being implemented by guys who dont use the site, so they dont care about fucking up the user experience

thats why I dont put this crap on my site- it would piss ME off, and my guys

the reason I am bitching so much/ so passionate about this, is I love this fucking place

so I take it personally when guys fuck it up!
11/3/12 3:09 AM
Malagant
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My brother is an app developer. Most people find the ads very annoying and the payout is really, really low. It’s kind of a chicken and egg too bc you need users to use the app multiple times, but if they find the ads annoying they won’t. I don’t have proof for this, just my two cents from talking to lots of developers and their experience.
11/3/12 9:24 PM
BravoPUA

still havent got an official explanation about why the ads were back

:(
11/3/12 9:52 PM
suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes you have.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.