UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva a bigger star in Brazil than Bryant in US

10/18/12 11:36 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"He’s bigger than Kobe Bryant and LeBron James here," his manager Ed Soares said on Wednesday's edition of The MMA Hour. "He's bigger than that there. It’s crazy. Every time I go there, I don't think it can get any bigger, but he seems to get even bigger."

"He went from a guy who was a top fighter in the world, a top pound-for-pound fighter to just about everywhere he goes, everybody's like, 'Hey, champ, you’re the greatest. You're the best. Can I get you this? Can I get you that?' It’ll get anybody a little bit tripped out. I think he’s kind of filling into the shoes that he's become. I think he's doing a great job with it. He's really kind of come full circle. I think he's handling it very well. He's kind of back to his roots. It’s very nice to see because there were some times when it started getting a little crazy."

read entire article...

10/18/12 11:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT 

10/18/12 11:43 PM
Bisping_GMWOAT
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he da best mang

10/18/12 11:44 PM
ABE FROMAN

This thread is sexy.

10/19/12 12:15 AM
stonepony

Bisping_GMWOAT - 

he da best mang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY-JOD3P_Bw
10/19/12 12:17 AM
Bisping_GMWOAT
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 12:43 AM
Underground Blog - 

Silva a bigger star in Brazil than Bryant in US

[mmafighting.com]

"He’s bigger than Kobe Bryant and LeBron James here," his manager Ed Soares said on Wednesday's edition of The MMA Hour. "He's bigger than that there. It’s crazy. Every time I go there, I don't think it can get any bigger, but he seems to get even bigger."

"He went from a guy who was a top fighter in the world, a top pound-for-pound fighter to just about everywhere he goes, everybody's like, 'Hey, champ, you’re the greatest. You're the best. Can I get you this? Can I get you that?' It’ll get anybody a little bit tripped out. I think he’s kind of filling into the shoes that he's become. I think he's doing a great job with it. He's really kind of come full circle. I think he's handling it very well. He's kind of back to his roots. It’s very nice to see because there were some times when it started getting a little crazy."

read entire article...

10/19/12 1:16 AM
Jons Forsberg

about as accurate as Dana saying UFC is neck to neck in popularity with soccer worldwide.
10/19/12 2:21 AM
kinkle

Ed please shut the fuck up... You aren't doing Anderson any good... Phone Post
10/19/12 2:59 AM
RicoVelasquez
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Without having to read the article I can say, IMO he's right.

We live in Amuricah, where 'the masses elevate fools into rich heroes'.
Shit, that big assed non talent having hood-rat and her family are more famous than Kobe and Lebron, so yeah Ed Soares may be right. Phone Post
10/19/12 3:01 AM
RicoVelasquez
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now if only he can hook me up with his sister Andressa. Phone Post
10/19/12 3:03 AM
ChrisJPN
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at this ridiculousness. If Anderson is that popular, Neymar must be literally Christ-like by now.

10/19/12 3:09 AM
BertR

find and contrast their Q ratings for their home country and compare
10/19/12 3:25 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After hearing Chael talk about Brazil on the JRE, I believe it completely. Phone Post
10/19/12 3:35 AM
Eric Bloodaxe

I would love to hear some Brazilians weigh in on this. If that's the case, things sure has changed sensationally the few years since I went to Brazil.

Ed is going a litte dfw jr on us me thinks.

10/19/12 3:39 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChrisJPN - lol at this ridiculousness. If Anderson is that popular, Neymar must be literally Christ-like by now.

Son son son.....naymar has its own church here also his own cult and is becoming the most popular name among new born . Also is law in about 4 providences that if he wants yo fuck your wife you must allow him and congrats him after

10/19/12 3:44 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 3:45 AM

Btw has a brazilian he is really famous like he is right below our soccer player popularity he is not there yet ,but even my 85 year old grandmother nows who he is.on the other hand I dont beñive that p4p poll to be truth because if you guys will know us brazilians we will never root or take glory away from a brazilian to give it to someone else even if fedor is p4p is just not in our nature to do so

Sorry for my awful english just wanted to give the inside of a brazilian . Plz dont vote me down for wrtiting like a 2 nd grader

10/19/12 4:05 AM
Jons Forsberg

ChrisJPN - lol at this ridiculousness. If Anderson is that popular, Neymar must be literally Christ-like by now.

Neymar is allowed to walk round with his dick hanging out basically. He is the heir of Pele/Romario/Ronaldo etc.

Guy had an argument with his coach once and sunday night family shows like Fantastico had an entire segment were they brought a couple of shrinks to discuss it lol.
10/19/12 4:14 AM
simonpe

Glovegate -

So let me get this straight.  He's bigger in Brazil than Lebron and Kobe are in the US and yet only 12% of the Brazilian population thinks he the goat?

Ed Ed Ed....

Or did he mean bigger than Lebron and Kobe are in Brazil?  Because that wouldn't make very much sense.

So if you're not the GOAT you can't be popular? Phone Post
10/19/12 4:23 AM
ChrisJPN
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 4:25 AM
I legit lol'd at both of the Neymar posts. Tremendous. Sadly I dunno how to quote two people so uh.. yeah.
10/19/12 4:27 AM
InspiritMick

Edited: 10/19/12 6:30 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris -

Son son son.....naymar has its own church here also his own cult and is becoming the most popular name among new born . Also is law in about 4 providences that if he wants yo fuck your wife you must allow him and congrats him after

This is true, I have a step son now called Naymar after he slept with my wife. Just had to suck it up..... Phone Post

10/19/12 4:28 AM
Eric Bloodaxe

Edited: 10/19/12 4:29 AM

Thanks for the input Blanka, interesting that Anderson is mainstream celeb in Brazil now.

To more important issues, when's Naymar coming to Europe? After the Brazil WC? Would love to see him in La Liga or PL (the latter is probably out of the question.

10/19/12 4:31 AM
Eric Bloodaxe

InspiritMick - 
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris -

This is true, I have a step son now called Naymar after he slept with my wife. Just had to suck or up..... Phone Post

Look at the bright side. In 18 years time you can probably retire with VIP-seats at the Camp Nou.

10/19/12 4:35 AM
RX_Bandit5

Bisping_GMWOAT -
Underground Blog - 

Silva a bigger star in Brazil than Bryant in US

[mmafighting.com]

read entire article...

hahahaha awesome! Phone Post
10/19/12 6:15 AM
Deaf Forever

Glovegate - 

So let me get this straight.  He's bigger in Brazil than Lebron and Kobe are in the US and yet only 12% of the Brazilian population thinks he the goat?

Ed Ed Ed....

You mean to say you're seriously too dumb to understand that an online poll amongst PVT (Portal Vale Tudo) forum users is a sample of less than 0.1% of the Brazilian population? Hahahahahaha!!

Oh Glovefag.

Let's figure out who "America" voting for this election by surveying the OtherGround.
10/19/12 6:20 AM
Deaf Forever

Edited: 10/19/12 6:26 AM
<blockquote>Glovegate - <p>
No it's that what Ed's saying makes it seem as though it's not a small group of mma fans who don't think Anderson is the goat, it's the entire country.</p>
<p>
</p></blockquote>

That survey was amongst a sample of a few thousand on a Brazilian MMA forum called Portal Vale Tudo. It's pretty much the Brazilian Sherdog and is comprised of mostly opinionated hardcore fans who've been watching since Pride.

The fans on that forum don't particularly like Anderson (a lot like Jon Jones, he's seen as "cocky") and prefer guys from Pride FC REGARDLESS of nationality (hardcore MMA fans don't give a damn about nationality).

It IS a small group of MMA fans! lol

99% of people who watch UFC in Brazil since 2011 probably have no idea who or what the fuck a Fedor is.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.