UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Forrest Griffin vs Phil Davis

10/19/12 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Official for UFC 155! Much better fight than Griffin-Bonnar 3. I got Mr. Wonderful in this one.

10/19/12 1:01 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Davis by wrestlefuck probably... Phone Post
10/19/12 1:18 PM
trent205
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry but Jesus man I hate watching Davis fight! That wrestlefuck style is a god dam effective but boring as fawk to watch! Forrest will lose ud :( Phone Post
10/19/12 1:38 PM
xXJayRobXx
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His fight in Rio was awesome. Very powerful slams, serious ground and pound and that gator roll at the end was beautiful. Phone Post
10/19/12 1:40 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trent205 - I'm sorry but Jesus man I hate watching Davis fight! That wrestlefuck style is a god dam effective but boring as fawk to watch! Forrest will lose ud :( Phone Post
I actually don't mind watching Davis fight.

I guess I'm just bummed because I wanted Bonnar vs Griffin 3.

I enjoy watching guys who can use their style to dominate their opponent. That is what Phil does with his wrestling. Phone Post
10/19/12 1:42 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have wanted Bonnar-Griffin, but I'll take this one.  Its a hard fight for Forrest, IMHO.

10/19/12 1:58 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trent205 -  I'm sorry but Jesus man I hate watching Davis fight! That wrestlefuck style is a god dam effective but boring as fawk to watch! Forrest will lose ud :( Phone Post

did you watch his last fight?  it was beautiful...

His fights against little nog and rashad were ugly.

10/19/12 2:10 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Forrest gives a damn, this could be good.

All depends on which Forrest shows up.

Davis is so amazingly good but a prepared Griffin with desire to win would definitely have a shot.

Much better fight. Phone Post
10/19/12 2:16 PM
caposa
1586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trent205 -  I'm sorry but Jesus man I hate watching Davis fight! That wrestlefuck style is a god dam effective but boring as fawk to watch! Forrest will lose ud :( Phone Post

actively looking for submissions = wrestlefucking?

maybe you missed his fight last weekend?

10/19/12 2:27 PM
The Overseer
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Griffin by 2nd rd TKO, or we see a submission war.
Griffin has some pretty good BJJ.
I just hope an on fire Griffin shows up. Phone Post
10/19/12 2:46 PM
trent205
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

Nope didn't miss it at all, like I said its a very effective style but I am not a fan of it at all. I love watching great ground wars but this fight was just such a miss match it pissed me off! Davis is such a string wrestler it's hard for guys to come even close to matching him in that department. The whole time buddy was trying to engage and every time Davis just shot in and took him down effortlessly. Like I said dam effective but god awful to watch! The same thing will happen with Griffen, I was really hoping they would match up Davis with someone that has a lil closer skill level in the wrestling department. I've said it before that sure Davis will blast through these guys until he gets to the top and then bam he runs into Bones. Davis fantastic technical wrestler, Bones much better MMA wrestler. Bones's wrestling allows him to transition to wherever he wants the fight! He can strike with the elite strikers, wrestle the elite wrestlers, play the submission game with the elite grapplers, You just can't say the same for a guy like Davis! Phone Post
10/19/12 3:40 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Davis by wrestlefuck probably... Phone Post
Well said!!!!!!! Phone Post
10/19/12 3:48 PM
RandyDarsh
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol
Forrest didn't wanna fight Chael cause it's boring? I guess he"d rather get wrestle fucked vs Phil.
At least he ha a better chance of subbing Chael off his back. Phone Post
10/19/12 3:54 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

I thought Griffin vs Bonnar 3 was already in the works?!? Phone Post
10/19/12 3:58 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

looks like the ufc is taking my advice and matching prospects with names...kudos for listening to me

10/19/12 4:19 PM
djones
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trent205 - 
MMALOGIC -

Nope didn't miss it at all, like I said its a very effective style but I am not a fan of it at all. I love watching great ground wars but this fight was just such a miss match it pissed me off! Davis is such a string wrestler it's hard for guys to come even close to matching him in that department. The whole time buddy was trying to engage and every time Davis just shot in and took him down effortlessly. Like I said dam effective but god awful to watch! The same thing will happen with Griffen, I was really hoping they would match up Davis with someone that has a lil closer skill level in the wrestling department. I've said it before that sure Davis will blast through these guys until he gets to the top and then bam he runs into Bones. Davis fantastic technical wrestler, Bones much better MMA wrestler. Bones's wrestling allows him to transition to wherever he wants the fight! He can strike with the elite strikers, wrestle the elite wrestlers, play the submission game with the elite grapplers, You just can't say the same for a guy like Davis! Phone Post

I like what you said here but I do like watching him fight. I also think Davis is growing and getting better right before our eyes. His striking is lagging behind his subs which lag behind his wrestling right now, but he seems to have the desire to get better and he's with a great team so I think his future is bright.
10/19/12 4:42 PM
djones
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOAO -  Davis is worse to watch than sonnen. Phone Post

Right because Davis actively attempts submissions while Sonnen has shown the ability to get caught repeatedly in the same one
10/19/12 5:08 PM
stevia's sex slave
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. I am getting fed up with Joe Silva. I like Davis but what is he going to do on the ground with Forrest? Nothing. So instead of matching Forrest up with Nogueira, he gets Davis, who will take him down at will and do almost nothing. Phone Post
10/19/12 5:21 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevia's sex slave - Wow. I am getting fed up with Joe Silva. I like Davis but what is he going to do on the ground with Forrest? Nothing. So instead of matching Forrest up with Nogueira, he gets Davis, who will take him down at will and do almost nothing. Phone Post
Fair play IMO. That's what Forrest did to Franklin right? Phone Post
10/19/12 5:29 PM
Belcherz_Twister

Davis by LnP ---> Forrest will likely be on Xanax so just lay there for 3 rounds, then run out of the arena right after the fight
10/19/12 5:31 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

caposa -

actively looking for submissions = wrestlefucking?

maybe you missed his fight last weekend?

The Prado fight was a great example of why I love watching guys like Davis. Really dominating wrestlers can be entertaining.

However, he is guilty of being boring to watch in the past. I don't think he will be able to submit Griffin as easily as he submitted Prado. I think this fight has the potential to be boring. I hope I'm wrong and to be honest it's all up to Davis. He can dictate the pace of the fight and where it takes place using his wrestling, I just hope he comes out looking how he looked against Prado and isn't afraid to test Forrest's ground game.

On the other hand, this fight has the potential to be great! Phone Post
10/19/12 5:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Suprised to see two Zinkin fighters facing off...

10/19/12 5:35 PM
Belcherz_Twister

having a kid made Forrest a softie
10/19/12 6:34 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

Official for UFC 155! Much better fight than Griffin-Bonnar 3. I got Mr. Wonderful in this one.

SN bet? I'll take Forrest.

..... Because I do not learn from past mistakes hahah Phone Post
10/19/12 7:02 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

SN bet? I'll take Forrest.

..... Because I do not learn from past mistakes hahah Phone Post
Let's do it! Another chance to redeem yourself ;)

30 days right? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.