UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mayhem's accusations RE medical insurance

10/23/12 9:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sugarfoot
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had knee surgery a month ago. The process was pretty simple. I had a MRI, wanted to get a second opinion, the doctor told ME to go to the place where I got the MRI and ask for a CD/images of the MRI. I did, went to the doctor, surgery was ordered and cleared through insurance.

Not sure why Jason couldn't get the MRI results from the service provider and go to any doctor in his network, but strange thinks happen sometimes.

Thanks for the clarification DFW, per usual you don't owe us any explanation, but provide one anyway.

I do hope you reach out to Mayhem and help rebuild that bridge he feels is burnt. Maybe helping him get his knee properly evaluated would be a place to start. Phone Post
10/23/12 9:42 PM
Strykr619
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -  Dana,

Here are all of the medial records I have for Jason.

We paid for his MRI and Doctors visits. At his last appointment Dr. Limpisvasti told him he needed to bring in his films to review before any surgical decisions were made, which he never did. At this point without Dr. Limpisvasti seeing the films I am not sure how he is saying we denied a surgery that has not been requested yet.

Thank you,

[ufc]
BRIANA MATTISON | MEDICAL CLAIMS MANAGER Phone Post

Damn talk about droping the hammer Dana, Touche. 

10/23/12 9:47 PM
PanRoastedJinx
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cliff Notes on what Mayhem said about Tanner please.
10/23/12 9:57 PM
BobbyBoston
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would they want to pay for a guy they just fired? It's Probably a clause In the medical insurance... Maybe they said its a preexisting injury? Or hey you don't work for us anymore we don't owe you shit. Who knows we will never know. Corporations fuck employees all the time. It's the American way! Phone Post
10/23/12 9:57 PM
BobbyBoston
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
10/23/12 10:01 PM
BobbyBoston

Steve4192 -
EighNullSects - if what he said about UFC doing underhanded sneaky shit to save a few thousand bucks on his knee operation is true, they have some serious explaining to do. That is really, really terrible.

Get on here and straighten things out DFW!

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Either the UFC insurance covers something or it doesn't.  Their only obligation is to pay their premiums and/or deductables.  The UFC have no financial obligations beyond that.  There is no financial incentive for them to jerk around Mayhem. 

Of course, the insurance provider is another story.  Having worked in the health care field, I have no doubt whatsoever that an insurance provider was willing to do shady shit to save a few bucks.  Unfortunately, that's just how the American health care system works.  People pay for insurance, insurance companies nickle and dime the hospitals to hold down costs, and the people who need the medical care get screwed.

Sucks for Mayhem, but he is blaming the wrong people.  It's not Zuffa's fault the system is broken.

Do you think cause he was fired that then the insurgence doesn't pick up the bill cause he is not a UFC employee? Phone Post
10/23/12 10:06 PM
BobbyBoston

PanRoastedJinx - Cliff Notes on what Mayhem said about Tanner please.
He basically said that there was a fighter who people speculated that he was going threw tough times and started drinking and people didn't give a shit all they did was talk trash on the Internet instead of trying to help him. Then he wound up dead in the desert. I am butchering what he said but that's kind of what he said. Phone Post
10/23/12 10:11 PM
the geek
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Dana,

I don't know if you had time to watch the video but I think it's important for us to be clear that Mayhem wasn't overtly negative towards you. He certainly made a lot of implications but from what I can remember never flat out said anything negative about you or the UFC.

He was much more rational and articulate, he tried to explain some of his actions but I think he still needs help. Mayhems well being isn't your responsibility, he's an adult, but you have a lot of influence and it might do him some good to have you reach out just to clear the air.

Either way, thanks for providing us with answers.

Cheers
10/23/12 10:14 PM
Stu Cazzo

Mayhem really needs a PR guy.....

Sincerely - 

Jon Jones

10/23/12 10:17 PM
the geek
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stu Cazzo - 

Mayhem really needs a PR guy.....

Sincerely - 

Jon Jones

Hahaha

10/23/12 10:19 PM
Stu Cazzo

lol @ the ace bandage plan....

Vote up

10/23/12 10:21 PM
Stu Cazzo

BobbyBoston - 
PanRoastedJinx - Cliff Notes on what Mayhem said about Tanner please.
He basically said that there was a fighter who people speculated that he was going threw tough times and started drinking and people didn't give a shit all they did was talk trash on the Internet instead of trying to help him. Then he wound up dead in the desert. I am butchering what he said but that's kind of what he said. Phone Post

Not sure where he was going with that....it was bizarre.

I remember a lot of support here to get Evan fights on the main stage...

10/23/12 10:22 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayhem needs help, its getting more than a little worrisome that we are watching someone on a downward spiral that may never recover and that isn't funny at all
10/23/12 10:35 PM
Haulport

dfw jr -  Dana,

Here are all of the medial records I have for Jason.

We paid for his MRI and Doctors visits. At his last appointment Dr. Limpisvasti told him he needed to bring in his films to review before any surgical decisions were made, which he never did. At this point without Dr. Limpisvasti seeing the films I am not sure how he is saying we denied a surgery that has not been requested yet.

Thank you,

[ufc]
BRIANA MATTISON | MEDICAL CLAIMS MANAGER Phone Post

Hey Dana. Good stuff.

Though I highly recommend that you get some professionals involved with Jason ASAP because I believe he is going to kill himself or hurt someone else BADLY in the near future and it is going to be a nightmare pr situation if one of your former TUF coaches goes nuts after you cut him and kills some random girlfriend.

I am SERIOUSLY worried about this guy's mental state and I don't want to see something awful happen...

Thanks.

10/23/12 10:35 PM
Haulport

P.S. Hope your recovery is going well.

10/23/12 10:40 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

What films? Phone Post
10/23/12 10:44 PM
Stu Cazzo

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -  What films? Phone Post

M.R.I.

10/23/12 10:49 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
10/23/12 10:51 PM
shb
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4l
10/23/12 11:13 PM
the geek

ttt

10/23/12 11:17 PM
dannyapodaca
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am 100% anti Dana. Dude is a joke as far as I am concerned but anything out of mayhem is sketchy lately. And if something was going on underhanded with insurance I believe Dana would take care of it for his fighters. Phone Post
10/23/12 11:28 PM
EighNullSects

Huh. Took a nap and wake up to find my thread on the front page of UG. Thats cool.

From the start I wondered why they would hose Jason after already paying the insurance premium etc.

I still think Jason was telling the truth according to what he believes.

Hey Haulport, you are a fucking dick. If you bothered to watch the interview, you are exactly the kind of fan Jason hates. So why don't you get some professional help before you murder someone. Or at least think before you say those kinds of things about a real flesh and blood human being who cares about his perception in the world.

So bottom line, his doctor doesn't have the MRI films. Jason said they were sent. I really hope one of the parties involved can make this thing work. At the end of all this arguing we still have a guy who needs his knee fixed. In case any of you don't remember, it got that way while he entertained us. I hope that is not lost on anyone.

Cheers, and get well Jason.
10/24/12 9:19 AM
Stu Cazzo

EighNullSects - And the stuff he said about Evan Tanner... really makes me reconsider my appreciation of this sport.

We have to be better than that.

What did he say that was so bad that you would stop liking MMa?

10/24/12 10:48 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayhem seems to be unravelling in front of our eyes hope the guy finds help and gets it all sorted Phone Post
10/24/12 12:13 PM
TeamRenzo

EighNullSects - I cannot believe you guys think this is Jason's fault. Really fucking sad.

So you take his story at face value without listening to the other side of the story?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.