UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> #FranksFight & MMA Community Front Page News

1/14/13 1:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for more updates.

1/14/13 4:45 PM
Luvdcuties
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Update taken from both #FranksFight Facebook and Frank's personal FB page

***UPDATE***

Today is a very good day here for Frank. He went to the dentist today to get his beautiful smile back. Something we never shared with you all was the fact that Frank had to have all 21 teeth in his mouth removed back in November. This was extremely difficult for Frank to deal with and until now something we did not want to discuss. When he was told he had to have the transplant he was also told he had to have all teeth removed or he would not be able to have the transplant because the teeth could cause an infection that could kill Frank while having the transplant. Now that he got his teeth today he is happy to show odd his smile and tell his story about having to deal with having his teeth removed and at 38 get false teeth. The things cancer forces you to give up or go through are tremendous. He had all 21 teeth removed without being put under and this they say is normal. He got through it however we wanted to share so others could understand some of the things cancer patients have to deal with and go through mentally. Also his new teeth were not covered by insurance so again another thing that our great health system feels is not worthy of coverage. Cancer patients give up much in hope's of gaining life. Thank you all for continuing to support us. Remember never take anything for granted even your teeth ;)

Photo: ***UPDATE***

Today is a very good day here for Frank. He went to the dentist today to get his beautiful smile back. Something we never shared with you all was the fact that Frank had to have all 21 teeth in his mouth removed back in November. This was extremely difficult for Frank to deal with and until now something we did not want to discuss. When he was told he had to have the transplant he was also told he had to have all teeth removed or he would not be able to have the transplant because the teeth could cause an infection that could kill Frank while having the transplant. Now that he got his teeth today he is happy to show odd his smile and tell his story about having to deal with having his teeth removed and at 38 get false teeth. The things cancer forces you to give up or go through are tremendous. He had all 21 teeth removed without being put under and this they say is normal. He got through it however we wanted to share so others could understand some of the things cancer patients have to deal with and go through mentally. Also his new teeth were not covered by insurance so again another thing that our great health system feels is not worthy of coverage. Cancer patients give up much in hope's of gaining life. Thank you all for continuing to support us. Remember never take anything for granted even your teeth ;)

From Frank's personal FB

Well today has been a very big day. Did my last sitting with the dentist and walked out with a new smile. Cancer hadn't just been eating at my body....it also was eating my teeth as well as the chemo was. My doctor was so worried about infection he suggested having all my teeth removed and the dentist agreed. I felt horrible about it but had no choice. The high dose chemo would have given me infections for sure and I would not have made it so we made the decision to have them all removed. Before now unless you have seen me no one has been told this. It bothered me so much that we kept it to ourselves. The invitation to Vegas got me moving and help with motivation so much so I even had my wife make the appointment with the dental place. After many visits and sittings I'm all done and walked out today feeling so happy. I feel like me again in many ways. Was by far the worst thing I have ever gone through during this whole ordeal but now I realize I have gone through the worse and now my head is back up because it's all going to get better from here.

1/14/13 4:50 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit man. Frank u are an incredible warrior. Fuck Cancer! War Frank! Phone Post
1/14/13 5:43 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2892 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luvdcuties -

***UPDATE***

From Frank's personal FB

Well today has been a very big day. Did my last sitting with the dentist and walked out with a new smile. Cancer hadn't just been eating at my body....it also was eating my teeth as well as the chemo was. My doctor was so worried about infection he suggested having all my teeth removed and the dentist agreed. I felt horrible about it but had no choice. The high dose chemo would have given me infections for sure and I would not have made it so we made the decision to have them all removed. Before now unless you have seen me no one has been told this. It bothered me so much that we kept it to ourselves. The invitation to Vegas got me moving and help with motivation so much so I even had my wife make the appointment with the dental place. After many visits and sittings I'm all done and walked out today feeling so happy. I feel like me again in many ways. Was by far the worst thing I have ever gone through during this whole ordeal but now I realize I have gone through the worse and now my head is back up because it's all going to get better from here.

Your a fucking stud dude... I'm beyond stoked for you... Made my day!

Team All Health Phone Post
1/14/13 5:46 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am so happy I get to meet Frank in April! UFC 159!

1/14/13 5:54 PM
RdotC
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Frank!!!!
1/14/13 7:12 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus,

What kind of warrior goes through with getting their teeth removed!

Damn, unbelievable.

1/14/13 10:59 PM
DiscipleDojo
657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

Frank, you have a smile that many of us now envy!

I hope we see MUCH more of it from here on out, brother!  :)

ps: The Tecia Torres portrait has a bid. Which means that you're getting about a hundred bucks at least as soon as the funds come through (sometimes ebay holds them for a few weeks whenever it's an art sale but sometimes they don't...I still haven't figured out why).

pps: I'm going to a seminar with Matt Serra in ATL this coming weekend over at Paul Creighton's gym and I'm going to see if he'll sign the original I did of him and let me auction it as well. Hopefully he will and we can raise some more $. I'll keep you guys posted!

1/14/13 11:51 PM
bruised
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, that warms my heart. Seeing that big, sincere smile is awesome! Way to go, man!!! Phone Post
1/14/13 11:53 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Just wow. Phone Post
1/15/13 3:03 AM
CindyO

Luvdcuties - 

***UPDATE***

From Frank's personal FB

Sooooo cute!!! Very happy for you two!

Cindy

1/16/13 7:36 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks everyone. It sucked for sure but it is done and because of the little Lucy from Invicta my recovery has been awesome and smoother than I anticipated. Stoked for jersey but stoked just in general.

My cancer will be a blessing not a curse. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:37 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_NKTKDace - Thanks everyone. It sucked for sure but it is done and because of the little Lucy from Invicta my recovery has been awesome and smoother than I anticipated. Stoked for jersey but stoked just in general.

Lucy = push

Stoopid phone. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:39 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2892 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_NKTKDace - Thanks everyone. It sucked for sure but it is done and because of the little Lucy from Invicta my recovery has been awesome and smoother than I anticipated. Stoked for jersey but stoked just in general.

Gd shit brother... Glad your feeling positive!

F-Word Cancer! Phone Post
1/16/13 7:40 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

UGCTT_NKTKDace -  Thanks everyone. It sucked for sure but it is done and because of the little Lucy from Invicta my recovery has been awesome and smoother than I anticipated. Stoked for jersey but stoked just in general.

What a great way to look at this situation! I respect you in ways I never have respected someone I don't even know.

How are the taste buds? Did we get to try the deep dish pizza yet?

1/16/13 10:08 PM
mmavixen

UGCTT_NKTKDace -  Thanks everyone. It sucked for sure but it is done and because of the little Lucy from Invicta my recovery has been awesome and smoother than I anticipated. Stoked for jersey but stoked just in general.

You are an AMAZING human being and an inspiration.

I know this will be the beginning of great things for you and that wonderful wife of yours!!!

1/17/13 12:00 AM
camozzi
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/17/13 12:07 AM
Luvdcuties
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/17/13 12:21 AM
mmavixen

Luvdcuties - 

Agh, how cute.  I love the picture of you guys with Knapp.  Love it!

1/17/13 12:23 AM
DiscipleDojo
657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tecia Torres portrait just sold! $199 - half of which will be headed your way, guys. And I'm gonna try to get a pic of Matt Serra and Paul Creighton wearing #FranksFight bands and get Matt to autograph the original I did of him and help auction it in the same way. As my art picks up within the MMA community, I'm bringing you guys along for the ride with me wherever it goes! :)

1/17/13 12:27 AM
UGCTT_stuffadamdoes
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got to share your story with a lot of older ladies talking about their friends with cancer. They were happy to hear about your new teeth! Know that you have a big group of grannies praying for you every day! Phone Post
1/17/13 12:36 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_stuffadamdoes - Got to share your story with a lot of older ladies talking about their friends with cancer. They were happy to hear about your new teeth! Know that you have a big group of grannies praying for you every day! Phone Post
Awesome. Phone Post
1/17/13 8:38 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_stuffadamdoes - Got to share your story with a lot of older ladies talking about their friends with cancer. They were happy to hear about your new teeth! Know that you have a big group of grannies praying for you every day! Phone Post
So cool!!

War The Golden Girls!! Phone Post
1/17/13 11:54 AM
mmavixen

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
So cool!!

War The Golden Girls!! Phone Post

Do not take thy name of thy Golden Girls in vain.  I love that show! LOL

1/17/13 4:05 PM
DiscipleDojo

"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life. Look at...look at Don Shula. Legendary coach. Look at that Asian guy who holds the world record for eatin' all those hot dogs in a row. Look at Rue McClanahan. From The Golden Girls. Three people, all great champions, all loved." -Ricky Bobby

I'm adding Frank and Wendy to Ricky Bobby's list of beloved champions!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.