UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> New Vegas Question

11/11/12 7:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Onikage
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm late to NV, but I just beat it and discovered the whole game fucking ends. I guess they didn't learn from 3? Even worse this time since there's no DLC that corrects it.

Anyways I know people had this "Extended Freeplay after Main Quest" mod, but it has been pulled off the mod site and I can't find it anywhere. Any of you guys have it and may be willing to share it? I'd appreciate it big time.
11/12/12 12:14 AM
Flexo
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you mean it doesn't end? I think I beat it but I really didn't know lol, I always thought my game glitched. Phone Post
11/12/12 8:36 AM
Darth_Vladar
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a feeling it was going to happen from playing F03, so had three save games going at once.

One was a current play time, second was it's backup (if 1 failed) and the third was another back up.

Basically by the time I came to the last mission I had other saves to go back and play through for ages. Which I did!

I do think it warns you though before you start, so why didn't you make another one?
11/12/12 4:30 PM
Onikage

Chareth Cutestory - http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42428
http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/mods/567/FONV-The-End-of-Plot-Mod

You're awesome, thanks so much

Darth- I think it says "You cannot return" or some shit like that, but I thought it meant until the battle was over. Maybe if they said "The whole game will end because we didn't pay any attention to the FO3 criticism" I would have gotten it.

I have a lot of saves before it, but it just pissed me off that I wouldn't get any of the loot or XP I collected in the battle (which is a ton).
11/12/12 10:31 PM
TANK BROS
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it ends? IIRC after you kill Ulysses (lonesome road) and decide whether to nuke the Legion camp, the Ranger oupost where the statues are or shut it down. you get to explore the aftermath thus making the game open ended? i may be wrong though

11/13/12 12:59 AM
Anderson P Sonnen
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn really? I could have sworn I had played past that, but I guess not..... Phone Post
11/14/12 4:25 PM
TheMountain
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You CAN play after finishing the final DLC (Lonesome Road/ Ulysses final boss). You CANNOT play (at least without modding the game on PC) after finishing the Hoover Dam Battle quest with Legion Legate or NCR General boss.
11/14/12 4:43 PM
BigWilliam
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always find that hilarious, you get loot during the final battle.... and then you can never use it. Why even have the loot drop?
11/14/12 8:20 PM
Onikage

BigWilliam - I always find that hilarious, you get loot during the final battle.... and then you can never use it. Why even have the loot drop?

Yeah it's bullshit. Has anyone ever responded positively to a a dead end in an open world game? I guess it wasn't terrible in Far Cry 2, but I would have preferred continuing.

Mountain- I hope I can still play those DLCs now that I've used the mod that allows you to continue after the Dam battle. I always save the DLCs for last so I have shit to do.
11/14/12 9:33 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMountain - You CAN play after finishing the final DLC (Lonesome Road/ Ulysses final boss). You CANNOT play (at least without modding the game on PC) after finishing the Hoover Dam Battle quest with Legion Legate or NCR General boss.
Yes that's why, I forgot about that Phone Post
11/19/12 5:10 PM
TheMountain
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onikage - 
BigWilliam - I always find that hilarious, you get loot during the final battle.... and then you can never use it. Why even have the loot drop?

Yeah it's bullshit. Has anyone ever responded positively to a a dead end in an open world game? I guess it wasn't terrible in Far Cry 2, but I would have preferred continuing.

Mountain- I hope I can still play those DLCs now that I've used the mod that allows you to continue after the Dam battle. I always save the DLCs for last so I have shit to do.

If you downloaded the mod from the Nexus (or if they're the same), it says it's compatible with the DLC.
11/20/12 3:22 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

They made the game on a pretty condensed timeline, it was Obsidian not Bethesda that made the game too.

The intention was to make the post-game playable like FO3 with the Broken Steel DLC but that idea was canned because they didn't have the resources for it. As is it has the record for most unique lines of dialogue in game, so even just recording the dialogue for all the possible outcomes of the Hoover Dam battle all over the Mojave would have been a huge undertaking. Let alone changes that happen to the factions and locations as a result.

11/20/12 3:34 AM
Onikage

Invisible Lats Syndrome - 
They made the game on a pretty condensed timeline, it was Obsidian not Bethesda that made the game too.

The intention was to make the post-game playable like FO3 with the Broken Steel DLC but that idea was canned because they didn't have the resources for it. As is it has the record for most unique lines of dialogue in game, so even just recording the dialogue for all the possible outcomes of the Hoover Dam battle all over the Mojave would have been a huge undertaking. Let alone changes that happen to the factions and locations as a result.

Yeah, it seems like Bethesda did the same thing with Fo3 though. On the final mission I put the virus into the purifier to kill off all the radiation mutants, and of course no real changes actually took place except YOU would die if you drank the water.

Bullshit.
11/21/12 5:17 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

Aside from water causing you to lose life and a little dialogue from Broken Steel NPCs, I didn't see much in the way of changes in the game coming from using the virus in the main storyline finale.

In NV you have factions being driven out of the Mojave altogether, different factions taking over the strip, etc. No real way of doing that half-arsed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.