UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If I were GSP, the next 3 fights I would want

11/18/12 1:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I were in GSP's position, I'd try and stay busy the next year. He had an amazing fight with Condit last night, but he's still only fought twice in the past 2 years. If I were him, I'd push for a Hendricks fight(considering he's the only truly deserving contender), followed by a Diaz fight(it'll sell well, and they'll be able to settle their beef), and then finally make the Anderson fight happen about a year from now.

Anderson said he didn't want to fight for awhile, and GSP can rebuild momentum and hopefully break the record for most title defense at WW. It also gives time for contenders to be established for a mini-tourney at WW to establish the next champion if GSP moves permanently to 185.

Granted, GSP could potentially lose to either Diaz or Hendricks and it could all be for naught... But I personally think he needs to reestablish himself a little bit before the biggest super fight in the sport. Phone Post
11/18/12 2:01 PM
westside
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm picking up what your putting down. I would much rather see GSP/Diaz. I just have no desire to watch GSP and Anderson fight. Phone Post
11/18/12 2:12 PM
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

westside -  I'm picking up what your putting down. I would much rather see GSP/Diaz. I just have no desire to watch GSP and Anderson fight. Phone Post

Agreed 100%
11/18/12 2:14 PM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm more interested in either of those fights at WW more than the Silva fight.
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP vs Diaz and Bones vs Silva on the same card = Mind Blown.

NastyNate420
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree, although GSP dominated 4 out of 5 rounds last night, it didn't scream out to me that he's ready for a Silva fight. Let him reestablish himself as the most dominant WW before he goes against the GOAT.
11/18/12 2:17 PM
vincan469
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he should take an easier fight diaz to clear up any ring rust before hendricks.
11/18/12 2:20 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vincan469 - he should take an easier fight diaz to clear up any ring rust before hendricks.
I would argue that the Hendricks fight should come first because Hendricks is obviously more deserving and Diaz should also take a fight in the meantime so he's not coming off a loss Phone Post
11/18/12 2:24 PM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

The welterweight division is sick.
GSP
Hendricks
Marquardt
Diaz
Kos
Saffiedine
Woodley
Fitch(puke)
Even Condit and Kamp still, and plenty more.

MW is fairly weak historically, unless the natural lhw's are cutting to get there.

Zuffa, stop shoveling.
Give FOX, Dallas, and the world what they want, and what your "President" promised when Pride folded.
Don't be boxing. Don't epically fail with out of prime fights.
They'll be plenty of $ in the future for you. Phone Post
11/18/12 2:25 PM
vincan469
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - 
vincan469 - he should take an easier fight diaz to clear up any ring rust before hendricks.
I would argue that the Hendricks fight should come first because Hendricks is obviously more deserving and Diaz should also take a fight in the meantime so he's not coming off a loss Phone Post

yes hendricks is the more deserving and more dangerous that is why he should do the easier fight, which will also work time line wise since it will give him time to heal and diaz to get off suspension.
11/18/12 3:00 PM
whowillbetop5in5years

Right now, the most deserving contenders are Hendricks and Maia if he beats Fitch. Hopefully, Gunnar Nelson becomes a contender before the end of next year and proves to be legit. Have Diaz face any decent wrestler and see how he does.

(Pierce, Simpson, Koscheck, Fitch, Ellenberger, or DHK would be fine)
11/18/12 3:05 PM
gooddoc

GriffinQ -  If I were in GSP's position, I'd try and stay busy the next year. He had an amazing fight with Condit last night, but he's still only fought twice in the past 2 years. If I were him, I'd push for a Hendricks fight(considering he's the only truly deserving contender), followed by a Diaz fight(it'll sell well, and they'll be able to settle their beef), and then finally make the Anderson fight happen about a year from now.

Anderson said he didn't want to fight for awhile, and GSP can rebuild momentum and hopefully break the record for most title defense at WW. It also gives time for contenders to be established for a mini-tourney at WW to establish the next champion if GSP moves permanently to 185.

Granted, GSP could potentially lose to either Diaz or Hendricks and it could all be for naught... But I personally think he needs to reestablish himself a little bit before the biggest super fight in the sport. Phone Post

Agreed.
11/18/12 3:17 PM
JediJitsu
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR -
westside -  I'm picking up what your putting down. I would much rather see GSP/Diaz. I just have no desire to watch GSP and Anderson fight. Phone Post

Agreed 100%
. Phone Post
11/18/12 3:17 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - GSP vs Diaz and Bones vs Silva on the same card = Mind Blown.

This would be amazing

11/18/12 3:20 PM
shorebreaker420
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TomLowe -
PR - 

Agreed 100%

Because you prefer to watch a completely one-sided beatdown by GSP against Diaz, an opponent he outclasses in every facet of the sport? No thanks.

I'd rather see a competitive fight between GSP and Silva.
Sub to vote down your fancy pants Phone Post
11/18/12 4:08 PM
GriffinQ

pidgey - Agree OP, not to mention all UFC champions arent fighting enough, even when healthy, with all the injuries we are at a point when most champs dont fight more than 2 times / year (when lucky).

Yup. Viewership has been dropping... Champs need to be scheduled to fight more often because most of em are pretty young and will need to become stars to compensate for when GSP and Anderson retire Phone Post
11/20/12 7:30 AM
GriffinQ

Ttt Phone Post
11/20/12 7:48 AM
sitchpack

Anyone who doesnt want to GSP fight Diaz is a hater. Georges actually wants to fight Diaz, and Diaz wants to know where the fuck Georges is at.

Let them bang. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:51 AM
sitchpack

TomLowe -
PR - 

Agreed 100%

Because you prefer to watch a completely one-sided beatdown by GSP against Diaz, an opponent he outclasses in every facet of the sport? No thanks.

I'd rather see a competitive fight between GSP and Silva.
As opposed to the barn burner performance that earned Condit a UD loss? Dude had almost a year to prepare for that fight, and that head kick was all he had.

Let GSP and Diaz bang, fuck the haters. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:56 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I am a Nick Diaz fan, he has to come back and get at least one good win before getting to GSP. Personally, I would like to see Diaz vs Condit 2 as well. It was set to happen before Nick got busted, so I don't see why either fighter wouldn't agree to it again.

11/20/12 11:49 AM
SHOGUN250
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is this obsession with GSP/Silva???? Not only is it a HORRIBLE matchup for GSP (he'd get finished within 2), but there are still numerous legit matchups for him at 170, and Silva/Bones is MUCH more intriguing... I still think Silva finishes Bones too.
11/20/12 11:54 AM
joe canada
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let Diaz earn his shot.

Right now his only argument for a shot is notoriety. Let him Beat Fitch or Kos to prove he can hang with a solid wrestler before taking on the best in the biz.

And no, BJ doesn't count.
11/20/12 11:55 AM
shaqitup
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there's no Anderson fight, they should fit a Hendricks fight in, hell they should fit it in anyways.

Anderson said may could be too early, but even then, they could fit GSP vs Hendricks in for March, as that's over 3 months away.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.