UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My HONEST opinion Silva/GSP/Jones

11/18/12 3:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry for the length of this guys.
Most of you know me as a staunch Silva supporter. I think he's the best fighter I've ever seen. But im a little annoyed with him myself.
This whole mess with these 3 is nuts. You've got Silva wanting gsp. Bones (I really believe) wants Silva...and gsp wanting none of any of it! LOL

Silva is almost done. He wants to make that money and at the same time keep that streak alive. He thinks gsp is the best route....and I dont blame him. Bones is a dangerous man. Im not a fan in the slightest. But it doesn't take a genious to see he's pretty special. Although, I do think jds takes him at hw. But that's a different thread. I dont think Silva is scared of bones. As a matter of fact, I dont think any of the elite guys are scared of anyone...and to say so is ignorant imo. GSP isn't scared of Silva. He just knows the odds are not in his favor and he's just as interested in keeping his streak and image intact as Silva is. So now what really?
If a superfight happens, one of these 3 has a lot to lose. GSP/Silva have legacy. Jones has future. And Silva, GSP are both at slight disadvantages to the ones above them.
My thought is just keep them in their respective divs and just enjoy the "what if" factor of the talk.
And unless Silva says he'll fight them both....im not sure he deserves either.
My $ 02 Phone Post
11/18/12 3:48 PM
And Wagners Cut
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be happy with GSP vs Silva. It would be very competitive in my opinion.

Jones has said he doesn't want silva and vice versa. Phone Post
11/18/12 3:55 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Wagners Cut - I'd be happy with GSP vs Silva. It would be very competitive in my opinion.

I think he's just trying to be "honorable" and not be the bad guy. Phone Post
11/18/12 4:00 PM
Authority Figure

You're mistaking your interests with Silva's. If you were in his position, if you were facing retirement, if you wer being pressured by fans - this is how you'd view things.

But, we don't really know what Silva wants.

We don't know if money is enough to motivate him. We don't know if he's worried about accommodating every fan wish. We don't know if he's really worried about who he fights before he retires.

For my part, I try to view things from his shoes. Not mine. He's been champion for a long time. He beat a lot of guys. More than once, in fact in the beginning, many people counted him out against his opponents. I remember people talking about how Nate and Dan were going to overwhelm him. Then the Chael Saga. Then the "if anyone can do it, Forrest can do it" thing. After it all Silva is like "are you not entertained??!" The fan, ever selfish, ever blood thirsty says "this week. but next week I need you doing some impossible again, or I will deny you ever amazed me". 

The reality is that we were not prepared for someone so dominant come along. Our real desire isn't that he cement his legacy. It's that we find someone that can finally beat him or nearly beat him. We were so happy with the Chael thing. Can we find one more challenge? I don't know if its because we enjoy the nail biting or because we can't stand to see people be so successful. But none of us can deny, he did his job. He beat the hell out of everyone. When he got bored, we asked him to not show he was bored. Then he started to put on a show. Then he started doing shit out of kung fu movies.

Now we just need our final wish fulfilled: fans just want to see him get his ass beat. But that's a wish that probably won't come true.

11/18/12 4:03 PM
omlet de fromage

Phone Post
11/18/12 4:03 PM
orcus

UGCTT_nightkap - 
And Wagners Cut - I'd be happy with GSP vs Silva. It would be very competitive in my opinion.

I think he's just trying to be "honorable" and not be the bad guy. Phone Post

Since when is it being a bad guy to say, when explicitly asked, that you hope a fight happens?

11/18/12 4:04 PM
MountainMedic
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva is too big for GSP
Jones is not too big for Silva

I want Silva/Jones
Bullying GSP into this fight isn't right, imo. Phone Post
11/18/12 4:16 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To me, Silva will always be the P4P best fighter in the world. He's proven it time and time again beating up on the cream of the UFC MW division and making LHW's Irvin, Griffin and Bonnar look like newbs.

GSP, while beating every WW thrown against him, hasn't done it in a fashion that would make one believe he'd be able to hang with Silva no matter where the fight goes. IOW, If GSP can't take it to the ground and is forced to stand and trade, it would only be a matter of time before the world's most dangerous striker finds the range and ends the fight abruptly.

DFW has a hard-on for the GSP/Silva superfight because he obviously sees it as an opportunity to make a shit-load of money and broaden the exposure of the UFC brand, but his desire is not echo'd by the fans. According to several polls I've seen lately, anywhere from 60-80% of participants don't want to see the fight and would rather see JBJ vs. Silva. I tend to agree with them, mostly because I think it would be a much more competitive and enjoyable fight to watch.

11/18/12 4:24 PM
UGCTT_nightkap

Authority Figure -

You're mistaking your interests with Silva's. If you were in his position, if you were facing retirement, if you wer being pressured by fans - this is how you'd view things.

But, we don't really know what Silva wants.

We don't know if money is enough to motivate him. We don't know if he's worried about accommodating every fan wish. We don't know if he's really worried about who he fights before he retires.

For my part, I try to view things from his shoes. Not mine. He's been champion for a long time. He beat a lot of guys. More than once, in fact in the beginning, many people counted him out against his opponents. I remember people talking about how Nate and Dan were going to overwhelm him. Then the Chael Saga. Then the "if anyone can do it, Forrest can do it" thing. After it all Silva is like "are you not entertained??!" The fan, ever selfish, ever blood thirsty says "this week. but next week I need you doing some impossible again, or I will deny you ever amazed me". 

The reality is that we were not prepared for someone so dominant come along. Our real desire isn't that he cement his legacy. It's that we find someone that can finally beat him or nearly beat him. We were so happy with the Chael thing. Can we find one more challenge? I don't know if its because we enjoy the nail biting or because we can't stand to see people be so successful. But none of us can deny, he did his job. He beat the hell out of everyone. When he got bored, we asked him to not show he was bored. Then he started to put on a show. Then he started doing shit out of kung fu movies.

Now we just need our final wish fulfilled: fans just want to see him get his ass beat. But that's a wish that probably won't come true.

No im not. Dont get me wrong bro, I wanna see silva win out and retire as the GOAT. What I dont want is to see him beat gsp, retire, and everyone say oh he could only beat the smaller guy and didnt have the guts to fight bones. Silva is the greatest ever....
I just dont wanna hear the "what ifs" that guys like Fedor get. Phone Post
11/18/12 4:27 PM
orcus

"Silva is too big for GSP"

Johnny Hendricks walks around at 210 and is 195 two weeks before a fight at 170.

Anderson Silva weighed in at 202 for a 205lb fight and was 194 a month out from a fight at 185.

11/18/12 5:43 PM
12ealdeal

MountainMedic - Silva is too big for GSP

I want Silva/Jones
OP and this guys are correct. Just think about the parameters

When was the last time GSP had a single fight at MW?
When was the last time Silva fought at WW?

Never.

These guys all have a lot to lose, and they want to keep their legacy alive. I understand that, I respect that. But in terms of their respective weights and being able to add or lose weight. Given other details, such as height and reach......

How is it we are concluding GSP/Silva makes ANY sense?

The only real super fight is Jones/Silva.

And also the reality is that SILVA would destroy GSP. Who are we kidding? Phone Post
11/18/12 5:44 PM
12ealdeal

MountainMedic - Silva is too big for GSP

I want Silva/Jones
OP and this guys are correct. Just think about the parameters

When was the last time GSP had a single fight at MW?
When was the last time Silva fought at WW?

Never.

These guys all have a lot to lose, and they want to keep their legacy alive. I understand that, I respect that. But in terms of their respective weights and being able to add or lose weight. Given other details, such as height and reach......

How is it we are concluding GSP/Silva makes ANY sense?

The only real super fight is Jones/Silva.

And also the reality is that SILVA would destroy GSP. Who are we kidding? Phone Post
11/19/12 3:54 AM
knuckleballs

If, Anderson can make the fight at 170, then i am all for it. Otherwise, i think this fight is dumb. GSP has a super exciting fight with a guy his own size in Hendrix. The fight would be fair and competitive.

Silva would do to GSP what GSP did to BJ. No thanks...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.