UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Wii U came out today

11/19/12 1:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Target.com and Walmart.com still show it in stock at all the stores near me. This is the first console I can think of in the last two gens that wasn't sold out instantly with people camping out.

Anyone here get one? 

11/19/12 7:12 AM
RML
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's completely sold out in the 50 best buys closest to me place. Phone Post
11/19/12 7:12 AM
RML
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

**my

Thanks auto correct. Phone Post
11/19/12 7:58 AM
keiths
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant imagine paying $350 for a current generation console. i wanted too, but just couldnt do it
11/19/12 9:32 AM
RML

keiths - cant imagine paying $350 for a current generation console. i wanted too, but just couldnt do it

It's pretty simple.  If you want to play Nintendo's games you buy the Nintendo system.  That's the way it's been in the post-SNES world.  If you want the best next gen experience you buy from the other guys.

11/19/12 9:38 AM
dangerboy12
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah it was one of the least hyped launches, well, basically ever.

I saw it in the sales paper and said WTF I had no clue it was being released today.
11/19/12 9:40 AM
disbeliever
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Sold out by me
11/19/12 10:13 AM
kungfugrip
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got mine and set it up, took more time then expected due to updates. Haven't actually played a game on it let. Seems very underwhelming so far. This is coming from a big Nintendo fan, of course my life is a big fuckup right now, so that my have something to do with it
11/19/12 10:27 AM
Sofa King Cool
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sold out here. Phone Post
11/19/12 11:47 AM
SlightlyStoopid
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not even remotely interested in this thing. As soon as I saw the E3 footage the amount of fucks I had left to give was zero. Phone Post
11/19/12 12:17 PM
orcus

SlyStallowned - Sold out everywhere around me too.

What's your zip code orcus? Would be interested in checking the store stock in your area to find out if you are full of shit as I suspect.

20879, here you go dipshit, even the next day I can still walk into a store within 10 minutes away and pick one up: 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-Deluxe-Console-w-GamePad-Nintendo-Land-Black/21944098

http://www.target.com/p/wii-u-8gb-basic-set-console-white-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-14174036#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=wii u

http://www.target.com/p/wii-u-32gb-deluxe-set-console-black-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-14174037#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=wii u

11/19/12 12:17 PM
orcus

kungfugrip - Got mine and set it up, took more time then expected due to updates. Haven't actually played a game on it let. Seems very underwhelming so far. This is coming from a big Nintendo fan, of course my life is a big fuckup right now, so that my have something to do with it

How can it seem underwhelming if you haven't played a game on it?

11/19/12 12:32 PM
RML

Does bum fuck Maryland really count as a barometer for the sales of a consumer product?

Regardless if the Wii U is good or not it will certainly sell very well on its first run. Phone Post
11/19/12 12:36 PM
orcus

lol, yes, the DC metro area is a rather good barometer I'd imagine. My point is that this is literally the only console of the last two gens that it was possible to just walk in and buy for me. The others were nightmares of camping out and pre-orders. It took me months before I could find a 360 and I only got a PS2 at launch because I had waited in line for a pre-order.

11/19/12 1:25 PM
orcus

"I live in the Toronto area and all the major retailers are sold out from what I've seen/read, with only a few still selling the basic Wii-U bundle which isn't that popular."

A quick search on Walmart shows both bundles In-Stock at ALL of the first four stores in Toronto and surrounding area. 

Props on being such a staunch Nintendo defender that you spoke confidently about its availability in your own town in defiance of facts, and insulted my zip code -- which is laughable not just in itself, but also because this is #10 on the list of the wealthiest counties in the country. 

So, basically, you came off as a ridiculous douche and console fanboy while ALSO being 100% wrong on all points.

L

O

L

11/19/12 1:36 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op seems a little aggressive

11/19/12 1:38 PM
disbeliever
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The irony of calling someone a "console fanboy" when you take every chance you can to bash Nintendo...
orcus

Technically I live in Laytonsville. But in any case the Targets and Walmarts I'm talking about are in Rockville, Germantown, Bethesda, Silver Spring, etc.

RML, what's your zip? I'll be happy to check your local Walmarts and Targets to let you know if you can go pick up a Wii U.

disbeliever

2 out of 3 stores by me are sold out. I agree it's not like ps2 was, or even ps3, but who cares?
11/19/12 1:40 PM
orcus

disbeliever - The irony of calling someone a "console fanboy" when you take every chance you can to bash Nintendo...

Pointing out the things that I think suck about something sucky is not quite the same as being so devoted to a brand that I will try to use someone's zipcode in an argument to defend that brand.

11/19/12 1:41 PM
orcus

Edited: 11/19/12 1:41 PM
disbeliever - 2 out of 3 stores by me are sold out. I agree it's not like ps2 was, or even ps3, but who cares?

Nintendo, probably, and obviously RML and Sly, who cared enough to accuse me of lying and look up my zipcode.

11/19/12 2:19 PM
Rocky Dennis

I have been going all over town trying to find one with no luck.

I was initially excited when I went on store locators and they had "in stock", but you will quickly find out the ones that are in stock are ones that were bought as pre orders and just have not been picked up yet.  So you are wrong, fool.

If you check on ebay they are selling for $500-$550.  The law of supply and demand dictates this wouldn't be the case if they were as easily accessible as you say.

11/19/12 2:28 PM
orcus

Well, I'm not going to the stores to check, and your experience may not apply everywhere on the continent. In fact you can buy a bundle -- Wii U plus one game -- online at Walmart.com, "in stock" right now: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-Gamer-Bundle-w-Customer-Choice-Wii-U-Game/21803986

I see stuff on ebay all the time for higher price than it is on Amazon. People are stupid.

11/19/12 2:36 PM
Rocky Dennis

Yes, it let my wife complete an entire order for pick up yesterday at Walmart.  Order was placed and 20 min later it sent email saying sorry, we are out of stock.

Regardless, you are wrong so no need in dragging this thread out anymore.  It's embarrassing bro

11/19/12 3:24 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waiting on some of the better games, but I plan on getting one. Bayonetta 2, if nothing else. I also think the new controller has potential.

If it's anything like the Wii, it won't really get good until the second and third wave of games. Time will tell.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.