UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> For all gym owners and really anyone who tranes:

11/20/12 6:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmaguy30
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 6:53 AM

My friend Adam Singer, co-owner of the hardcore Gym in Athens ga has published a book. "Why Everything You Think You Know About Training MMA is Wrong"

I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to get a copy from Amazon.com, It arrived yesterday and I polished it off pretty quick. I wanted to post a review (and obvious plug) here for all of you.

I HIGHLY recommend that every single MMA gym in the country keep a stack of 10 copies at the front desk.

The book is quite inspirational to someone in my position as a coach, even more so as a competitor and fighter turned coach. The book really helped me conceptualize and put into words several things I have always felt about training MMA, but never had the right words.

The book was not what I was expecting at all. I was thinking Adam had wrote down all his "how to train a fighter" secrets, and I was getting it for less than $5 off amazon... however once I found that the book was written to the person who had never trained, I quickly realized that EVERY martial arts gym teaching MMA and or BBJ/other MMA directed combat sports should have 10 copies at the front desk, to be given out to each new student as well as anyone else who walks in the door.

In fact, every person who trains would be well advised to carry a copy just to hand out to the people in our lives that tell us how they will start training, once they get in shape...

For younger students, this book would be PERFECT to give that mom and dad who are against your new found hobby.

Like everything else that comes out of the Singer bros gym... this book is great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1480242861/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

11/20/12 7:24 AM
MM-eh
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTTeh

11/20/12 7:33 AM
Bromovich
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:44 AM
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the catch? Looks like a 40 page book? Phone Post
11/20/12 7:46 AM
Kirik
1726 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

11/20/12 7:48 AM
BearsDownAzzUp
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Lloyd Pie know about this title?!

Lol ill check it out! Phone Post
11/20/12 7:55 AM
Chael Sonnen Money
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmmm Phone Post
11/20/12 8:08 AM
KingofEngland

MMAGUY only chirps up on here when he's trying to ruin someone's life or con money out of people. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:12 AM
UGCTT_ATLien
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofEngland -  MMAGUY only chirps up on here when he's trying to ruin someone's life or con money out of people. Phone Post

Go away newb, show some respect to a UG legend.

I support all things GA MMA!
11/20/12 8:15 AM
Bromovich
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only £2.96 on Kindle, think i'm gonna have to invest later. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:20 AM
Lux Fixxins

What makes him an authority to make such a claim? Phone Post
11/20/12 8:29 AM
Jozy

Ttt Phone Post
11/20/12 8:31 AM
elcornjr
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
11/20/12 8:42 AM
Sober
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lux Fixxins -  What makes him an authority to make such a claim? Phone Post

Adam Singer, as mmaguy noted, is the co-owner/head coach of Hardcore Gym along with his brother Rory. Most of yall probably remember Rory from his stint in the UFC. In addition to Rory, Adam also trained Forest Griffin, former UFC champ (although Forest had moved to Vegas by that point). But Adam was his trainer when he actually made it into the UFC. Adam is also the only trainer Brian Bowles has ever had. And Brian won the WEC 135 lb belt when it was the real world championship. Adam has trained a host of other high level fighters. He is also a Roberto Traven black belt. So...yeah I'd call him an authority.

I haven't read this book, but I have trained under Adam in the past and he is an EXCELLENT instructor. I'd imagine that anything he puts out is excellent. For $5...that's a steal.

Oh...and he's also a fellow UG'r...so support him!
11/20/12 8:46 AM
Lux Fixxins

Sober -

Adam Singer, as mmaguy noted, is the co-owner/head coach of Hardcore Gym along with his brother Rory. Most of yall probably remember Rory from his stint in the UFC. In addition to Rory, Adam also trained Forest Griffin, former UFC champ (although Forest had moved to Vegas by that point). But Adam was his trainer when he actually made it into the UFC. Adam is also the only trainer Brian Bowles has ever had. And Brian won the WEC 135 lb belt when it was the real world championship. Adam has trained a host of other high level fighters. He is also a Roberto Traven black belt. So...yeah I'd call him an authority.

I haven't read this book, but I have trained under Adam in the past and he is an EXCELLENT instructor. I'd imagine that anything he puts out is excellent. For $5...that's a steal.

Thank you Phone Post
11/20/12 8:53 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
598 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lux Fixxins -
Sober -

Thank you Phone Post
now this is how the UG should be.

dude asks a legit question, gets a legit answer, and appreciates the answer. no hate, no trolling...

I think I'm gonna cry. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:54 AM
DreamerMMA
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll have to check this out later.

11/20/12 8:59 AM
Sober
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Capnsavem - 
Lux Fixxins -
Sober -

Thank you Phone Post
now this is how the UG should be.

dude asks a legit question, gets a legit answer, and appreciates the answer. no hate, no trolling...

I think I'm gonna cry. Phone Post

haha...its way too early in the morning for trolling!! besides...Adam is seriously a good dude as well as an excellent MMA trainer and I'm sure there are other people out there who had the same question as Lux
11/20/12 8:59 AM
MountainMedic
566 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofEngland - MMAGUY only chirps up on here when he's trying to ruin someone's life or con money out of people. Phone Post
Not good natured Phone Post
11/20/12 9:33 AM
Soup Nazi
1320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interdasting

11/20/12 9:42 AM
Kumite4

UGCTT_ATLien - 
KingofEngland -  MMAGUY only chirps up on here when he's trying to ruin someone's life or con money out of people. Phone Post

Go away newb, show some respect to a UG legend.

I support all things GA MMA!

I heard hes a fake BB
11/20/12 9:43 AM
HaoleBoy
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didnt Rory or Adam used to post on here?

I remember one of them
11/20/12 10:07 AM
moabwarrior
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
11/20/12 10:09 AM
Sober

HaoleBoy - didnt Rory or Adam used to post on here?

I remember one of them

both post here
11/20/12 10:13 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My threads. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.