UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP - Silva - JBJ

11/20/12 8:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

I'd prefer to see GSP v Anderson.  But  at what weight ? GSP will have to give up too much I'm afraid.  On the other hand Jones has the size and speed to be able to compete with Anderson. Not saying he would win, but I think that fight makes more sense.

11/20/12 8:41 AM
ryanJ
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really don't want to see GSP vs. Silva...

• Georges is winning decisively, but hasn't blown through the division...
  • Silva hasn't had a fight where he came out looking like Georges in the Condit fight (even the Sonnen fight that he lost 4.5 rounds of) and he is beating solid guys a weight class above him.
  • Silva doesn't really stand to further his legacy by beating a smaller guy...(again, particularly one that hasn't destroyed everyone in the division).
  • If Georges wins (in my opinion) it will be by a wrestling based decision...I don't think that win will brighten his star as much as a the loss for Silva will dim Silva's.
  • Silva has a tendency to fight down to his opponents...I worry that he would do that here.

Silva vs. Jones makes more sense right now...you have Silva that has been ripping through everyone (including LHW's.) You have Jones who has been too...but looked slightly more human in fights with Machida and Vitor (both of whom have some similarities to Anderson...and one of whom Anderson beat.)

Of course, maybe all of my FRAT was based on the fact that I like both Silva and GSP and don't really want to see either guy take a loss, but a Silva win over Jones would be pretty cool to see.
11/20/12 8:41 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva v GSP at 170 or Silva v Jones at 195 Phone Post
11/20/12 8:57 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does Silva have to go all the way down, but the largest of the three only has to meet in the middle fryedtakayama? Phone Post
11/20/12 9:01 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP goes up to 180-185-190 he will have an excuse if he loses.  See, the whole weight thing is why I don't want it.

11/20/12 9:23 AM
awesomestprime
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could FRAT this badly, but won't

Silva is the one who's on the tail end of his career. He's the one looking for a super fight. He's the one cutting through the competition like butter. He's the one who's proven he can move weight divisions without any real change/harm to his body. He's the one who would be favored in any fight 205 and below. He's the one who has what? 1 or 2 possible matches in his division. (if that)

I understand why Silva wants GSP. It's the biggest money and the "easiest" fight. But for the public to fall for this (even the reporters it seems) shows the ignorance in the fan base.

The "GOAT" *cough* *cough*, the PFP greatest fighter today and in history, the most dominate champion the UFC has ever had, the greatest striker MMA has ever seen, ect...ect... is calling out a guy who fights 15 pounds lighter then himself!??! This fighter (who's 15 pounds lighter) just came off surgery for a badly injured knee.

Yet the "GOAT" has NO DESIRE to fight a guy who's 20 pounds heavier and wrecking everyone at 205. (The division said GOAT had HIS LAST fight at)

I'll stop the frat, but this goes on and on and on......

The only people who want to see Silva go down and not up are those who simply don't want to see Silva lose. It has NOTHING to do with the most competitive fight possible.

Remember....

Silva would be favored in his fight with Jones.
11/20/12 11:50 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Agree. I'd say Silva 75% to Jones 25% or something close to that.

11/20/12 12:16 PM
cdmontgo
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 12:29 PM
I want to see GSP vs Anderson, and I don't care what the weight is. Throw the weight divisions out of the window and let them fight.

We aren't talking about a couple of guys building their career from the ground up, we aren't talking about newcomers who have a lot of skill to develop, and we aren't talking about a title within an established division.

We are talking about a super fight between two guys that have been at the top of their divisions for a long time. Just let them fight.

I also want to see Anderson vs Jones. I love super fights!
11/20/12 12:38 PM
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - Why does Silva have to go all the way down, but the largest of the three only has to meet in the middle fryedtakayama? Phone Post
Because Silva is actively campaigning against a smaller fight. When I wreslted I didn't call out 112 pounders and wrestle them at 116. I met them at 112. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:39 PM

cdmontgo - I want to see GSP vs Anderson, and I don't care what the weight is. Throw the weight divisions out of the window and let them fight.

We aren't talking about a couple of guys building their career from the ground up, we aren't talking about newcomers who have a lot of skill to develop, and we aren't talking about a title within an established division.

We are talking about a super fight between two guys that have been at the top of their divisions for a long time. Just let them fight.

But we are talking about Silva a man with 2 to 3 fight left and GSP with YEARS left Phone Post
11/20/12 12:45 PM
DiscipleDojo
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder
ryanJ - 

I really don't want to see GSP vs. Silva...

• Georges is winning decisively, but hasn't blown through the division...
  • Silva hasn't had a fight where he came out looking like Georges in the Condit fight (even the Sonnen fight that he lost 4.5 rounds of) and he is beating solid guys a weight class above him.
  • Silva doesn't really stand to further his legacy by beating a smaller guy...(again, particularly one that hasn't destroyed everyone in the division).
  • If Georges wins (in my opinion) it will be by a wrestling based decision...I don't think that win will brighten his star as much as a the loss for Silva will dim Silva's.
  • Silva has a tendency to fight down to his opponents...I worry that he would do that here.

Silva vs. Jones makes more sense right now...you have Silva that has been ripping through everyone (including LHW's.) You have Jones who has been too...but looked slightly more human in fights with Machida and Vitor (both of whom have some similarities to Anderson...and one of whom Anderson beat.)

Of course, maybe all of my FRAT was based on the fact that I like both Silva and GSP and don't really want to see either guy take a loss, but a Silva win over Jones would be pretty cool to see.

Spot on.

I don't see how anyone could NOT want to see Bones and Spider go at it.

Both have utterly obliterated their opponents consistently. I love GSP; be he has not demonstrated such a level of dominance and ability to finish that Bones and Silva have.

Bones and Silva are the closest thing to one another in MMA right now. This fight would be infinitely more tense, exciting, and meaningful than GSP vs. Silva.

11/20/12 1:46 PM
cdmontgo
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x - 
cdmontgo - I want to see GSP vs Anderson, and I don't care what the weight is. Throw the weight divisions out of the window and let them fight.

But we are talking about Silva a man with 2 to 3 fight left and GSP with YEARS left Phone Post

GSP doesn't want to fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.