UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Free Open Guard Sweeps and Surprise Gift

11/20/12 7:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JordonWSchultz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JordonBJJ.com, President

Go to this link to signup for 7 free guard moves, and a bonus, suprise gift in your first email..

Step 1) Go to this page -- http://lawofguard.com/freemoves/

Step 2) Enter your best email

Step 3) Check your email for your free gift and sick guard moves...

Step 4) Enjoy!

-Jordon

11/20/12 7:46 PM
Blackguilt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder why keenan and DJ don't do more of this stuff... Seems that winning and being successful may be more marketable. Phone Post
11/20/12 11:49 PM
Matthieu Battle
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what could the free gift be?

http://www.balloons.net/images/Inflatable_Product_Replicas/big/Spam-Can.jpg
11/22/12 3:27 PM
Tboney8669
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Counting hours before Snapple steps in Phone Post
11/22/12 3:54 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/22/12 4:21 PM

Ha, your partner in that video..Nick, I trained with him a little bit a few years ago. I wondered where he went. really technical.

I don't use many of them there fancy open guards, but that was a nice sweep.

11/22/12 5:17 PM
Rival School

Blackguilt - I wonder why keenan and DJ don't do more of this stuff... Seems that winning and being successful may be more marketable. Phone Post
Didn't they just make a thread about not trolling business accounts? Jordan won the worlds at the same levels as Keenan. Dumbass Phone Post
11/22/12 6:31 PM
MountainMedic
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interesting
11/22/12 10:36 PM
Marcos Avellan

Tboney8669 -  Counting hours before Snapple steps in Phone Post

But he should - shouldn't he?  Jordon is a top level competitor and a business member.  All he did was post a link for free moves (which was clearly indicated in the thread title) and some guy posts, "We all hate you" or something like that.

If mods were to allow this sort of thing, it wouldn't take too long until this place became like Sherdog - where NO fighters or top grapplers post on.

11/23/12 10:13 AM
deepu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcos Avellan - 

But he should - shouldn't he?  Jordon is a top level competitor and a business member.  All he did was post a link for free moves (which was clearly indicated in the thread title) and some guy posts, "We all hate you" or something like that.

If mods were to allow this sort of thing, it wouldn't take too long until this place became like Sherdog - where NO fighters or top grapplers post on.

Free moves? He's farming for email addresses.
11/23/12 3:02 PM
Silhouette
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deepu - 
Marcos Avellan - 

Free moves? He's farming for email addresses.

voted up
11/24/12 6:17 PM
Marcos Avellan

11/24/12 6:24 PM
Marcos Avellan

Edited: 11/24/12 6:28 PM

Back in the day, when I was coming up in 1997... we didn't have the ability to download moves from black belts or brown belts... I remember that if you knew a PURPLE BELT, that was super rare!  There were like two black belts in the entire state of Florida.  We learned moves by watching VHS tapes, which we ordered from Black Belt Magazine.  When grappling mag came out, every time an issue would come out, everyone would be practicing the moves from the magazine in every open mat across the country - because moves were so hard to come by...

Now people are complaining that someone asks for your email in exchange to send you free videos in your email - which you can unsubscribe to at any time.  The horror :)  You mean Jordon isn't the Mother Teresa and giving away his life's work with zero hope of getting something back in exchange?  I'm going to assume you are a priest or do some sort of other full time volunteer work - because Jordon is a full time martial artist, of course he is hoping to make a living through his passion and work... the same way you get paid at your job.

Would people prefer that instead of building his list (what a sin) by giving his subscribers tons of free videos and articles, that he not give out any free videos and just charge people for DVDs like a lot of other people do?

Personally, I think it is cool to be able to get on someone's list, get tons of free content, get to know the person and what they are providing via free samples, and THEN make a buying decision.

I am not on Jordon's list and I have never met him.  We have been at the same events, etc., but we have not even so much as ever said "hello" to each other... so his list may or may not suck - I have no idea.  However, hating on the idea of him offering free videos in exchange for your email is, in my opinion, just like the Louis CK clip I posted above about people complaining about their phones and airplane wifi...

By the way, it is a hilarious sketch... or maybe it would offend you?  I don't know anymore :)

11/24/12 11:04 PM
Tubarao

yeah, the spam emailing and the "BUY THIS DVD NOW OR IT TRIPLES IN PRICE" or "THESE ARE THE VERY LAST ONE'S AND WILL NEVER TO BE PRINTED AGAIN" tactics are getting a little old and kind of offensive in my opinion.... Assuming we (the consumers) are supid enough to run out and buy something under those circumstances. Phone Post
11/24/12 11:20 PM
Tubarao

wait why were those posts removed?? Jordan is not a fighter...

let's not get all crazy either, sport bjj or any other sport that you can't punch or kick each other is not a fight either. Phone Post
11/25/12 12:15 AM
Marcos Avellan

Yeah Snapple, like I said, I have no idea if his email list sucks or not, but I've seen a few people, not just on this thread but on others as well, complain about having to give up their email for free videos.  That was the only issue I was addressing in my last post.  In my other post on here, I also thought the whole, "we hate you" post was out of line as well.

11/25/12 8:03 AM
Tubarao

Edited: 11/25/12 9:23 AM

I think some people are sore about the whole instructional video thing. Apparently, he jacked some material from Cobrinha or something and put in his vid without giving credit.

If that is true, that is a valid enough reason to dislike someone (to what degree? I don't believe that it is up us to decide.) Phone Post

edited for typos

11/25/12 4:52 PM
grillznice
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think also Jordan posts and probably lurks the forums but never responds to any criticism. Marcos and others like littletony will come on here and talk about their product. I feel Jordan will just come here, post what he's selling or promoting, and unless someone has a direct question towards his post, he will respond. Which kind of shows he only uses this medium to make money and get email addresses, not add any insight to threads or make a thread that will eventually lead to a sale
11/25/12 5:56 PM
ChokeTheFace
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess you guys didn't like the suprise gift? Phone Post
11/25/12 6:46 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/25/12 6:54 PM

Just sign up with a junk email.

I have two emails. One I use for work, important things, people I know.

Then I have another I use to sign up on lists...it gets loads of spam.

I would recommend that to everyone..then you don't have to worry about spam in your email but can still peek things like this or enter stupid online contests.

=========================

About this list:

I will say I am receiving about 3 emails a day from his list  (Which is alot). However, each email contains some kind of pitch and a video link. If I click the link it goes straight to a page and the move autoplays. It is pretty easy to just open the email, go straight to the move and skip the rhetoric.

The moves aren't anything I haven't seen..it is not groundbreaking but what I have received has been solid.

Sign up or don't I guess, but I don't get the hate. The LI marketing annoys me as much as anyone, but I have no reason to HATE LI or Jordon..and it is pretty much undeniable that they have good jiu jitsu.

I feel that I can learn something good from anyone, especially a Brown under LI that came from Alliance. I'll stay out of the politics.

Latest link I received (straight to video):  http://www.bjjunder170.com/bonus-video-6/?awt_l=Bgask&awt_m=3eVUTuUAsBKsJ.v

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.