UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hardy: Koscheck is my No.1 pick, not Riddle

11/21/12 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_mofit
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Hardy has revealed his No. 1 pick for a next opponent in the welterweight division, selecting perennial bad boy Josh Koscheck.

Hardy expects to return to action in March or April of 2013, but is unaware who his next rival will be after wins over Duane Ludwig and Amir Sadollah.

Koscheck is also desperate for an Octagon return after writing off the rest of the year, but it would be a surprise to see Hardy make the leap from Sadollah to a top talent like Koscheck. The Outlaw, though, is ready if called.

"There's a lot of talent in the division, so many good guys coming up, and obviously, guys that have been at the top that aren't maybe right near the top at the moment," Hardy said on Fuel TV.

"I'm open. There's a lot of good fighters, a lot fun fights. Maybe Koscheck on The Ultimate Fighter… if I had to choose."

One man Hardy has little interest in is Matt Riddle, who is coming off a win over England's John Maguire. Riddle called out Hardy for a second time, clearly attempting to use the Brit's name to boost his own profile.

That is not the type of business Hardy is in, and stylistically the matchup offers little to excite either. For those reasons, the Brit would rather look elsewhere.

"I'm not a matchmaker and that's not my job, but if I was to pick an opponent, [a fight with Riddle] wouldn't even come into my head, to be honest.

"I don't like looking at the guy, so obviously training for him for eight weeks would be tiring."

Source: http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/180317.html#sW4pvfsXuqVCEWE5.99
11/21/12 3:47 PM
SugaFoot
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koscheck seems to be a bad match up for Dan Hardy - I would much rather see Hardy fight Riddle at this stage of his career.

11/21/12 3:47 PM
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry Dan but at this point that fight isn't the best fight for your career. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:08 PM
TheHaunted2

futurepr0n - Was being outwrestled by Anthony Johnson and GSP not enough for this guy?

Koscheck doesnt mind to stand and bang, but if he's smart he will just Wrestle and G&P. He should take the Riddle fight.

My opinion is, he looks like he's ducking Riddle now, even though his claim is that Riddle isnt big of a name or good enough -- I think with 2 wins in his last 6 fights, he would welcome the opportunity to beat a guy he believes he could..

Fighting K-os is a stretch for him right now, and I believe the fans want to see Hardy Riddle .. Main or Co Main a Fuel or FX card.
Lol at ducking riddle, the guy aint that good. He should fight koscheck, I think kos will stand with him Phone Post
11/21/12 4:11 PM
ortman166

Coaching tuf? Is this guy delusional? I really don understand his reason for wanting Kos... He loses that fight 90% of the time Phone Post
11/21/12 4:11 PM
Silverball
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least he stopped calling out Matt Hughes.
11/21/12 4:12 PM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 -
futurepr0n - Was being outwrestled by Anthony Johnson and GSP not enough for this guy?

Koscheck doesnt mind to stand and bang, but if he's smart he will just Wrestle and G&P. He should take the Riddle fight.

My opinion is, he looks like he's ducking Riddle now, even though his claim is that Riddle isnt big of a name or good enough -- I think with 2 wins in his last 6 fights, he would welcome the opportunity to beat a guy he believes he could..

Fighting K-os is a stretch for him right now, and I believe the fans want to see Hardy Riddle .. Main or Co Main a Fuel or FX card.
Lol at ducking riddle, the guy aint that good. He should fight koscheck, I think kos will stand with him Phone Post
Don't think it's the fact that he's ducking Riddle, seems like he wants the tougher fight. In this case, he will get outwrestled again. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:12 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like riddle is using the same approach as hardy did when he called out Davis to make a name off him. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:13 PM
1800champagne

How on earth does he think he'll beat Kos? Get real. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:19 PM
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is he ducking Riddle by calling out Kos? Josh is a way harder fight than Riddle. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:33 PM
CHAUNCH

paul vs josh all over again
11/21/12 4:35 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CHAUNCH - paul vs josh all over again
. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:36 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Hardy is a bitch because he would rather fight Koscheck than Riddle? Koscheck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Riddle
11/21/12 4:37 PM
OSBtro11

CHAUNCH - paul vs josh all over again
Yeah this. And Paul's striking is a lot harder to deal with IMO. Both guys attack from there lead hand predominantly , but Dan doesn't hit with that same brutal force. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:38 PM
Shroom
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - And not hating here, but who the hell would want Dan Hardy as their coach on TUF?!

Dan Hardy brings high level grappling and great takedowns.

Check out the Lytle fight for evidence.

11/21/12 4:38 PM
Lite
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos wins, easily.
11/21/12 4:40 PM
VicJenny
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see it, and Hardy has won his last 2 while Kos lost his last one, so I don't see why not. It seems like a bad matchup for Hardy, but if he wants it why not? It would be a decent draw without putting either against a guy very close to a title shot.
11/21/12 4:49 PM
GelderdEnd

Pancake Syrup - So Hardy is a bitch because he would rather fight Koscheck than Riddle? Koscheck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Riddle
Yeah, don't mention that here though cos it's too hard to follow Phone Post
11/21/12 4:54 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My god the beating kos would put on hardy Phone Post
11/21/12 5:05 PM
JJSFC
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy's next step should be aiming for a fight and TUF Smashes coaching gig against Kyle Noke.
11/21/12 5:19 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I honestly see riddle dominating hardy. Phone Post
11/21/12 5:36 PM
Mclay won my SN
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SugaFoot -

Koscheck seems to be a bad match up for Dan Hardy - I would much rather see Hardy fight Riddle at this stage of his career.

. Phone Post
11/21/12 5:38 PM
Mclay won my SN
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like dan hardy but he would get wrestle fucked for 3 rounds against kos.When dan hardy starts putting away elite wrestlers/grapplers then will I let myself believe in him again. Phone Post
11/21/12 5:41 PM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry Matt riddle is who he needs to be fighting. Kos is too far ahead in rankings. Hardys in the top 25 but so is riddle. Kos is top 10.

Idc how big anyone's name is. He needs to fight riddle there's interest there. I don't want to see kos hardy... If kos is smart he just dies what he did to Daley.

Not saying hardy can't win he could. But currently riddles who he should fight. It sucks not to long ago he challenged for the title. Things change man. Love hardy tho. Ahh I'm just frustrated at people denying fights solely on name value. Phone Post
11/21/12 6:00 PM
Tyrone sBong
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck it... You can't blame him for trying IMO. He's just trying to get a bigger pay day and work his way back up. After all he's only stating his preferences and he probably doesn't have all that long left in the sport. why wouldn't you call out a decent name? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.