UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Schaub: Tebow a big influence to me

12/2/12 7:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Over the last couple of years, Schaub has become close friends with New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow, and if there’s one guy in sports that could easily fall into a depression with the amount of negative press written or spoken about him, it’s definitely Tebow.

But you won’t find that kind of reaction whenever Tebow is on camera or has a microphone in front of his face. Tebow is all smiles, cordial as a kid when his grandmother is around, and never has a bad word to say about anybody.

Tebow’s influence is rubbing off on Schaub in a big way.

“He’s a very good friend, been a good friend for a couple of years now, and me and him workout a lot together and text and call each other all the time. He’s a very positive guy, very similar to me. You are who you surround yourself with and me and Tim are kind of the same in terms of work ethic and the way we go about life,” Schaub said.

"I surround myself with guys who are pretty successful, good people, and I think the two biggest influences in my life lately have been Tim Tebow and Ryron Gracie. Ryron’s a positive guy, and Tim’s super positive. For me being around that, it just shows me I’m on the right track.”

The right track has led Schaub to his status as the UFC’s official happy wanderer, and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

read entire article...

12/2/12 7:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shugerrush
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
12/2/12 7:22 PM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well you can't kick a Tebowed opponent. Phone Post
12/2/12 7:23 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both C-team

12/2/12 7:44 PM
le

LilBrockonmychest -
ssj - I don't even like or know anything about NFL but isn't Tebow a backup to a horrible QB

I thought he was the back up to the worst QB in the league, but that QB got benched today, and the Jets put someone else in.  So it appears he is at least 3rd down.  I'm not entirely sure why he is even in the NFL.

3rd string you mean?

He brought Denver to the playoffs last year, I think he belongs in the NFL.

Rex Ryan is retarded for not putting him in. Phone Post
12/2/12 7:54 PM
le

LilBrockonmychest -
le - 
LilBrockonmychest -
ssj - I don't even like or know anything about NFL but isn't Tebow a backup to a horrible QB

I thought he was the back up to the worst QB in the league, but that QB got benched today, and the Jets put someone else in.  So it appears he is at least 3rd down.  I'm not entirely sure why he is even in the NFL.

3rd string you mean?

Yes 3rd string.  What I meant was 3rd down the line.  And no, HE didn't bring them to the playoffs.  Their running game and defense brought them to the playoffs.  When a shitty QB only puts up 7pts in a game but your defense is so good they only give up 6, credit does not go to the shitty QB.  He's horrible which is why Denver booted him and the Jets clearly have no interest in playing him.

Yeah, and I'm sure Peyton has nothing to do with winning now either. It doesn't matter how good your running game and defense is, if your QB is "garbage" you're not making playoffs. Half of the first down running plays was Tebow. He's not the greatest but he should definitely be playing over Sanchez, come on. Phone Post
12/2/12 7:59 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -
le - 
LilBrockonmychest -

3rd string you mean?

Yes 3rd string.  What I meant was 3rd down the line.  And no, HE didn't bring them to the playoffs.  Their running game and defense brought them to the playoffs.  When a shitty QB only puts up 7pts in a game but your defense is so good they only give up 6, credit does not go to the shitty QB.  He's horrible which is why Denver booted him and the Jets clearly have no interest in playing him.

You're an idiot if you think he had no significant part in those wins... His team last year openly proclaimed that he was a big part of their success

And he was dropped in favor of a guaranteed HOF QB and one of the greatest players of all time. Not exactly a crazy choice to make Phone Post
12/2/12 8:05 PM
Obie1FaShobie
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -

Pretty sure he was injured and didn't even dress today Phone Post
12/2/12 8:29 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/02/12 8:57 PM
12/2/12 8:36 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
GriffinQ - 
LilBrockonmychest -
le - 
LilBrockonmychest -

3rd string you mean?

You're an idiot if you think he had no significant part in those wins... His team last year openly proclaimed that he was a big part of their success

And he was dropped in favor of a guaranteed HOF QB and one of the greatest players of all time. Not exactly a crazy choice to make Phone Post

And then placed 2nd string to the worst QB in the league Sanchez all year.  You don't think there is a reason for that?  You think the Jets just want to lose and really know that Tebow is better than Sanchez but still keep him on the bench?

I think Ryan never wanted Tebow to begin with, and has too much pride and pig-headedness to admit when he's wrong when it comes to Sanchez. I also think Sanchez is a better PRACTICE QB than Tebow is, which is all well and good, but it obviously doesn't translate to performance come game-time.

There have been multiple games where Sanchez has been doing absolutely terribly, and Ryan won't even consider putting Tebow in. If he's that bad, whatever, you're getting crushed anyways, give him 5-10 minutes to see how he does. But then, if Tebow does well, Ryan has to admit that he fucked up. Giving him zero play time keeps Ryan from having to acknowledge that just maybe Tim can do better than Sanchez can, and then the decision to keep playing Sanchez looks even WORSE for Ryan.
12/2/12 8:57 PM
BooZe

TOAO - That was the gayest thing I ever read Phone Post
Word Phone Post
12/2/12 8:58 PM
SonofJockstrap
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

le - 
LilBrockonmychest -

3rd string you mean?

Tebow was inactive due to injury. 

12/2/12 8:59 PM
Drunkie
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teblow has no place playing qb in the nfl. maybe use him as a tight end or as a running back. but he has no place as a qb he prolly has the worst arm in the history of the nfl. he can't hit a wide open wr. he is able to run and he is a great leader but he just is a bad qb
12/2/12 9:05 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John Fox literally changed the entire team's way of playing to accomodate Tebow. It has no longer term success precedent.

And without the defense Denver had last year he doesn't win half of those games. Fox would have kept him if it was worth going with long term but Fox knows the stats and knows what works and doesn't want to burn out his defense.

The New York Jets don't have half the talent Denver does on Offense or Defense and Rex is not willing to redesign the team for Tebow (Wich you can't do mid season anyways) both becase it's not his first year there and also because it would shorten his remaining tenure if it fails which it would based on the talent level.

12/2/12 9:09 PM
Drunkie
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if rex was smart run alot of 2 back formations with tebow as a running back. this would allow them so many options. qb can hand off to green or tebow or throw. then when he hands of to tebow he can run it or pass. it would really help them keep defenses off balance
12/2/12 9:11 PM
ChaosOverkill

Drunkie - if rex was smart run alot of 2 back formations with tebow as a running back. this would allow them so many options. qb can hand off to green or tebow or throw. then when he hands of to tebow he can run it or pass. it would really help them keep defenses off balance

Absolutely, short screen passes if his hands are decent. Anything to help Sanchez,

but it's rare that a complete philosophy change works like putting in Tebow mid-season.

12/2/12 9:22 PM
THP

Such silliness name dropping. I will never be a Schaub fan.

"DA HYBRIIDDDDD!"
12/2/12 9:58 PM
le

SonofJockstrap -
le - 
LilBrockonmychest -

3rd string you mean?

Tebow was inactive due to injury. 

I meant in general, this season. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.