UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Current P4P list for female MMA??

12/5/12 2:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EddieBravo
542 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv

What yalls think?

1. Ronda
2. Cyborg
3. McMann
?
?
? Phone Post
12/5/12 2:53 PM
Tru
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 2:57 PM
Click For MMA Videos

1st

I don't think McMann is number 3.  Even though she is 6-0, her last win against baszler was controversial and the bout before that she used pure wrestling, but never any offense IMO, after the take downs.  Very lackluster fight.  She has incredible wrestling, but just not a well rounded fighter yet, despite finishes in her earlier fights.

P4P i don't know who after Ronda and Cyborg.  Technically, they both competed and have won at multiple weights.

Jessica Penne is looking really solid right now too.

12/5/12 3:05 PM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 3:10 PM
1) Ronda
2) ugh, I guess Cyborg
3) Aguilar
4) Fujii
5) Miesha Tate (mainly because she is a natural Flyweight)
6) McMann
7) Penne
8) Coenen
9) Rosi Sexton
10) Kaufmann
11) Carla Esparza
12) Ayaka Hamasaka
13) Shayna Baszler
14) Sheila Gaff (high probability of 'roiding, plus KO'ing her last opponent at the opening glove touch keep her from being higher)
15) Zoila Frausto-Gurgel (and I loathe to admit that one)

Honorable Mention based on her last performance: Vanessa Porto
12/5/12 3:06 PM
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 3:06 PM
Tru - 
I don't think McMann is number 3.  Even though she is 6-0, her last win against baszler was controversial and the bout before that she used pure wrestling, but never any offense IMO, after the take downs.  Very lackluster fight.  She has incredible wrestling, but just not a well rounded fighter yet, despite finishes in her earlier fights.

The real question is would she kick YOUR ass?
12/5/12 3:16 PM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

retrocausality - 
Tru - 

1st

I don't think McMann is number 3.  Even though she is 6-0, her last win against baszler was controversial and the bout before that she used pure wrestling, but never any offense IMO, after the take downs.  Very lackluster fight.  She has incredible wrestling, but just not a well rounded fighter yet, despite finishes in her earlier fights.

P4P i don't know who after Ronda and Cyborg.  Technically, they both competed and have won at multiple weights.

So Sara stood and traded for 2 rounds against Baszler but s just a wrestler? And somehow Rousey is more well rounded? Huh?

Rousey has yet to need a second round to beat anyone. Only once has she even needed a second minute. So why yes, based on what we've seen of her striking, specifically swarming Kaufmann with punches to set up the clinch, you could certainly make that argument.
12/5/12 3:44 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baszler's a top 5-6 at the lowest.  Now that she's getting active again, I expect to be really someone that could have the skillset to give Ronda a hard time.  

12/5/12 4:38 PM
EddieBravo
542 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Jessemyn Duke make the top 10?

She's a nice combo of Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu Phone Post
12/5/12 4:41 PM
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/05/12 4:48 PM
TheMentalisT - 
Bucephalus - 
Tru - 
I don't think McMann is number 3.  Even though she is 6-0, her last win against baszler was controversial and the bout before that she used pure wrestling, but never any offense IMO, after the take downs.  Very lackluster fight.  She has incredible wrestling, but just not a well rounded fighter yet, despite finishes in her earlier fights.

The real question is would she kick YOUR ass?

What a fuckin nerd. So if i say GSP isn't # 3 P4P, will him being able to kick my ass justify his position?

foh dork

I see you're new at the internet.

Welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXvIjk8YJtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks_wXA7rhrk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVhEbTIExrk
12/5/12 7:02 PM
Chromium

retrocausality - 
Chromium - 
retrocausality - 
Tru - 

1st

So Sara stood and traded for 2 rounds against Baszler but s just a wrestler? And somehow Rousey is more well rounded? Huh?

Rousey has yet to need a second round to beat anyone. Only once has she even needed a second minute. So why yes, based on what we've seen of her striking, specifically swarming Kaufmann with punches to set up the clinch, you could certainly make that argument.

you're delusional

A very well thought out argument.
12/5/12 7:06 PM
Chromium

EddieBravo -  Does Jessemyn Duke make the top 10?

She's a nice combo of Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu Phone Post

She's all of 2-0 (5-2 amateur). She is a great prospect but she's not even in the Top 10 at Bantamweight yet. She's someone I think Invicta should be grooming for greater things but give her some time.
12/5/12 8:03 PM
Loser Born Natural
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Felice!
Pound4pound hot. Phone Post
12/5/12 8:39 PM
EddieBravo

Yeah, what about Felice Herrig? Phone Post
12/5/12 8:51 PM
SC MMA MD
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intresting topic, and hard to pick since many of the prospects have not fought alot of fights and have not fought each other. Hopefully the UFC will get some WMMA fights going soon and Invicta will keep developing talent so we can see how some of these fighters really stack up Phone Post
12/5/12 8:53 PM
ComeatMeBro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rin nakai should be in the top 10...she is 13-0... and gorgeous lol
12/5/12 8:58 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo -  Yeah, what about Felice Herrig? Phone Post

She's still got that ground/wrestling weakness, though it's coming along.  i guess you could say she is really really light though, so p4p, she should be up there.  The second that girl shrugs the other women off and can keep putting her fist down their throats, she's waaay up towards the top.  

12/5/12 9:00 PM
youarewhatiswrong
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't know where were enough female fighters to make a p4p list.
12/5/12 9:17 PM
Ray Elbe
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Claire Haigh?! Phone Post
12/6/12 12:38 AM
Chromium

Edited: 12/06/12 12:39 AM
EddieBravo - Yeah, what about Felice Herrig?

She's good and has improved a lot since she started, but at most she's #6 at Strawweight. I don't think I'd even put her quite that high. She's not Top 20 p4p.

ComeatMeBro - Rin nakai should be in the top 10...she is 13-0... and gorgeous lol

I totally think either Invicta or the UFC should definitely sign her, as she has a great record on paper and is really pretty, but she had a draw with a British journeywoman with a 4-3 record (now 4-5-1) despite a homefield advantage. Yes she won in the rematch, but honestly, that is her very best win. What's more, the talent pool she's in has already been pretty thoroughly exposed and I think she would be too if she fought in the U.S. I'd rank her about #10 at Bantamweight, if not a bit lower. She really needs a signature win. She may also want to consider dropping down another weight class, as she may be built like a tank but she's all of 5'1" and still pretty small for a Bantamweight.

People I _might_ add if I expanded my list to a Top 20 would include Katja Kankaanpaa, Vanessa Porto, Barb Honchak, Naho Sugiyama (yeah Penne ultimately outclassed her but Sugiyama showed a ton of speed and technique, and is small even for Atomeight), Alexis Davis, Amanda Nunes, and maybe Yana Kunitskaya to have a second natural Featherweight after Cyborg.
12/6/12 1:01 AM
Chromium

Edited: 12/08/12 7:26 AM
Expanding to a Top 25 here (because I'm dumb):
EDIT: Updated after Bellator 83

1) Ronda Rousey (135)
2) Cris Cyborg (145)
3) Jessica Aguilar (115)
4) Megumi Fujii (115)
5) Miesha Tate (135, but she's ranked this high because she is a natural Flyweight, otherwise I'd drop her to #7)
6) Sara McMann (135)
7) Jessica Penne (105)
8) Marloes Coenen (135/145)
9) Rosi Sexton (125)
10) Sarah Kaufmann (135)
11) Carla Esparza (115)
12) Ayaka Hamasaka (115)
13) Shayna Baszler (135)
14) Jessica Eye (125)
15) Sheila Gaff (125) (probably juiced to the gills unfortunately)
16) Katja Kankaanpaa (115)
17) Barb Honchak (125)
18) Naho Sugiyama (105)
19) Vanessa Porto (125)
20) Alexis Davis (135)
21) Yana Kunitskaya (145)
22) Amanda Nunes (135)
23) Cat Zingano (135)
24) Zoila Frausto-Gurgel (125)
25) Claudia Gadelha (115)

Honorable mentions: Seo Hee Ham (115 but a natural Atomweight), Sarah D'Alelio (135)

I think you can guess which three divisions I think are relatively deep and which two are not. And yeah, this list isn't set in stone or anything.
12/6/12 2:54 AM
cross3dout
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is Kedzie not on anyone's list? She gave Miesha the fight of her life. Phone Post
12/6/12 4:28 AM
Chromium

cross3dout -  How is Kedzie not on anyone's list? She gave Miesha the fight of her life. Phone Post

Maybe because she is 16-11 and 5-5 in the last 5 years? I mean I think she's definitely someone the UFC should hire but going by accomplishments, it's hard to rate her in the Top 10 at Bantamweight (maybe you could make an argument for #10, I don't know).

Her best win in the last 5 years was over Sarah D'Alelio. I did give D'Alelio an honorable mention but that was for her recent win over Vanessa Porto, which was a major upset (Porto then dropped down and dominated Tara Larosa in an even bigger upset). Kedzie's good but until she gets that signature win, or gets a nice streak going, I couldn't put her on my list, personally. She's too inconsistent. She lost to Alexis Davis who I ranked #20. The other three recent losses were to people I did not rank, two of whom are beneath her in weight. She did give Miesha Tate a hell of a fight but in the end she got armbarred. Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on that, I dunno, but that one performance isn't enough for me. I didn't put Liz Carmouche on my list either and she has similar circumstances where she gave Marloes Coenen the fight of her life, but her best win is still only Kaitlin Young.

That being said I do think Kedzie belongs in the UFC and she's also a great color commentator for Invicta.
12/6/12 5:53 AM
Rox19
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megumi Fujii, Meisha Tate/ Tara LaRosa, after that, I can't decide how order them. :). Phone Post
12/6/12 5:54 AM
NAAFS
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jessica Eye should be in everyone's top ten IMO. Guess we will know more after tomorrow. Phone Post
12/6/12 8:43 AM
BrCutter

NAAFS - Jessica Eye should be in everyone's top ten IMO. Guess we will know more after tomorrow. Phone Post
Yes. This will be a good thread to come back to Saturday. Phone Post
12/7/12 7:55 PM
NAAFS
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter -
NAAFS - Jessica Eye should be in everyone's top ten IMO. Guess we will know more after tomorrow. Phone Post
Yes. This will be a good thread to come back to Saturday. Phone Post
Bumpety bump. One sided domination by eye tonight Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.