UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Tank Abbott vs. Ken Shamrock had happened

12/9/12 5:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theshooter
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"vs a PRIME Tank Abbott that jackhammered Hugo Duarte?"

Or how about vs. the prime Ken Shamrock who beat Dan Severn and Kimo, both of whom beat Tank Abbott?

"but if he had fought smart he would have made it to the finals. Frye would have still beaten him though."

I've long questioned the semi-final match in UUFC '96 of Mark Hall vs. Don Frye. It sure does look like Mark Hall took a dive so Frye would be more fresh in the finals. Even if it wasn't, I would have preferred to see Frye against somebody better than Mark Hall, a guy that he'd already beaten twice before.
12/9/12 6:07 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that Ken would have beaten Don Frye in 1996. Ken had about 20 lbs. on Don at the UU96, Ken was much stronger, equally good at MMA wrestling, equally tough as nails, and was the better athlete. Don's boxing was a lot better than Ken's but that's the only edge Don has. If Ken turns it into a grappling match, which he would, I expect him to win.

12/9/12 6:15 PM
Skpotamus
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken back then was a grappling beast. He was big, strong, fast and skilled for the era. I see him beating Tank and Frye both.

Today, Ken is shot, he has no knees, so it'd be a standup fight and he'd get KO'ed bad.
12/9/12 6:36 PM
theshooter
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"MMAth never works "

Yeah, I know that MMA match doesn't always work, but it does sometimes.

One of the things that we have to judge when comparing fighters is who did they beat and what common opponents do they have.

"Today, Ken is shot, he has no knees, so it'd be a standup fight and he'd get KO'ed bad."

Ken Shamrock is shot today, and so are Tank Abbott and Don Frye. Who is the most shot of the 3? Probably Ken or Tank, but I don't know for sure. Considering how shot these guys are I don't have much interest in seeing any of them fight again, including fighting each other, and I'm a fan who generally likes freak show fights.
12/9/12 7:00 PM
Jambo888
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FJJ828 - 

Ken by heelhook.

that's exactly how it would end with tank wearing his wrestling shoes

12/9/12 7:03 PM
Jons Forsberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Who is the most shot of the 3? Probably Ken or Tank"

they're all equally shot. Ken and Frye have accumulated injuries from MMA and pro wrestling and Tank is a life long alcoholic.
12/9/12 7:08 PM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken would have beaten him had they fought in the first round of UU96...

Shamrock/Ruas would have also been a great fight..

Ruas/Frye

Coleman/Ruas

Frye/SHamrock

when did Tank fight kimo??

i also wish Tank/Goodridge would have went down at some time early in their career..
12/9/12 7:10 PM
CLINTK9
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - "Tank also turned down a fight with Ken at UFC 48, where Ken fought Kimo instead,"

And it should be pointed out that Tank lost to Kimo via submission, whereas Ken defeated Kimo twice, first by submission and then by KO.

Tank's mom died that year. he tried to get out of the 3 fights he signed for, but UFC said NO!
12/9/12 7:14 PM
CLINTK9
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bry Bry - Ken would have beaten him had they fought in the first round of UU96...

Ruas/Frye

Coleman/Ruas

Frye/SHamrock

i also wish Tank/Goodridge would have went down at some time early in their career..

tank/kimo = ufc43

tank/goodridge was signed for ufc19, but Tank got injured and Andre Roberts stepped in.

I think Tank would have givin Ken some big trouble at uu96, but still lost.
12/9/12 7:15 PM
CLINTK9

CLINTK9 - 
Bry Bry - Ken would have beaten him had they fought in the first round of UU96...

Ruas/Frye

Coleman/Ruas

Frye/SHamrock

tank/kimo = ufc43

tank/goodridge was signed for ufc19, but Tank got injured and Andre Roberts stepped in.

I think Tank would have givin Ken some big trouble at uu96, but still lost.

SOOOO many awesome fights that never happened!
12/9/12 7:41 PM
theshooter

"when did Tank fight kimo??"

They fought at UFC 43.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.