UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Awesome Rory Interview

12/9/12 12:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hargreaves
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b5-oMBeYZY
12/9/12 1:03 PM
the geek
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here you go

12/9/12 1:07 PM
6ULDV8
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It looked a lot like taunting.  

I can understand not being able to play it up to the public, but I'd strongly recommend losing that 'step back and shuffle dance' from his repetoire as a distracting technique inside the cage.

What he does outside of it is his own business.

12/9/12 1:14 PM
6ULDV8
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect for the kid.  He seems true to himself and that's a big something.  Not many people keep doing that when they get attention.

12/9/12 1:14 PM
the geek
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YOU ARE MAKING ME LAUGH...

12/9/12 1:18 PM
AndrewJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was really nice to see. Very poised. Phone Post
12/9/12 1:21 PM
Nonlinear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is a best but has ZERO charisma.  ZERO.  He should go the cocky heel route with his showboating if he wants to get himself over.  Natural heel.  Go with it, don't pretend to be someone you're not especially when you don't have the speaking skills to hype of the fight.  The crowd was already heavily booing him for toying with the Prodigy.

"I want my revenge"

I wanted to go take a nap.

12/9/12 1:24 PM
6ULDV8

I think he's dead serious and that's all he is.  He's not 'playing' anything for you and I really liked the way that he said he understood the media was going to ask him the same few questions over and over and over and over and over and over again.  

I don't know how anyone can stand that, but if you're a fighter and can deal with it by not giving a fuck, that's awesome.

I don't know if I like him yet, but I respect the way he's dealing with the media and attention he's getting.

Fucked if he doesn't dress weird though.  How teeny was that tie knot?

12/9/12 1:32 PM
shaqitup
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 1:32 PM
hahaha, "my elbows hurt from hitting him"

I"m curious about Rory's pay, as his disclosed was 18k for his last fight, has it gone up since then?
12/9/12 1:40 PM
Hargreaves
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna see him use the guard again(his guard is insane)

12/9/12 1:42 PM
ZombieAutoPilot

I think hes metro... Phone Post
12/9/12 1:42 PM
DoubleBACO

The media needs to step their game up

"Oh you are smiling now". "Are you happy". Those comments do not help the interview. When a NFL coach gets interviewed after a game they are usually pretty serious. I would like to see how Bill Parcell's would have handled "Are you happy" after a game.
12/9/12 1:45 PM
fasthandssam
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that Rory is a very clever shrew. The UFC is filled with "bad boy" types who just want to bang (Diaz bros), also "honorable MMArtists" (GSP), and recently the WWE expert talkers (Chael).

Rory MacDonald has carved his own niche out of thin air. He has literally created the "serial killer" type and owns it wonderfully. He already knew that he would never have the type of charisma, charm, or "badittude" that other fighters do, so he went a different route.

And now everyone is abuzz talking about him! He has turned himself into a main attraction, at weigh-ins, interviews, and fights.

Genius.
12/9/12 1:51 PM
SuperMann
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good post and I enjoyed the interview. Is it wrong that I like his fashion? Phone Post
12/9/12 1:55 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People, especially the media read so much into every word and every possible body-language gesture, trying to build a scoop or story-line, or at least grabbing a sensational quote. The guy is 23, he has a slighly awkward personalty and that's pretty much it, but that isn't much of a story.
12/9/12 1:58 PM
Kimbos Bread
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fasthandssam - I think that Rory is a very clever shrew. The UFC is filled with "bad boy" types who just want to bang (Diaz bros), also "honorable MMArtists" (GSP), and recently the WWE expert talkers (Chael).

Rory MacDonald has carved his own niche out of thin air. He has literally created the "serial killer" type and owns it wonderfully. He already knew that he would never have the type of charisma, charm, or "badittude" that other fighters do, so he went a different route.

And now everyone is abuzz talking about him! He has turned himself into a main attraction, at weigh-ins, interviews, and fights.

Genius.
Well said Phone Post
12/9/12 2:01 PM
Ondz

khaynes21 - I wonder what happened to him in his childhood to make him like this.

I don't think there is anything wrong with him. He is a bit different than the typical pro fighter, but I think it's refreshing. This planet would be fucking boring if we all had the same personality.

12/9/12 2:03 PM
kinson

He is such a weirdo. Phone Post
12/9/12 2:18 PM
UGCTT_BTown
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's a stone cold killer..

canadian psycho
12/9/12 2:27 PM
Hargreaves

This kid is special

better than seeing somebody with tatts,fo hawk,died hair,shit talking all the time.

This kid basically just loves MMA,trains harder then the next guy,and tells it the way it is.

12/9/12 2:36 PM
inf0
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a bigger fan after that interview, thanks for posting.

12/9/12 2:38 PM
MdGeist

khaynes21 - I wonder what happened to him in his childhood to make him like this.

12/9/12 4:20 PM
torquemada
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, would the UG be happier if he wore tapout and had a ton of ink?

I don't know if he's going to bring a new demographic in, but he's definitely different.

Regardless, getting your hands taped wearing a tie is still weird. Phone Post
12/9/12 4:54 PM
Canooke
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hargreaves - This kid is special

better than seeing somebody with tatts,fo hawk,died hair,shit talking all the time.

This kid basically just loves MMA,trains harder then the next guy,and tells it the way it is.

Yeah, I like him.
12/9/12 4:59 PM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Jealous hate is strong itt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.