UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ, it's time...

12/10/12 8:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AK-BJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRT + 155, even the playing field or hang em up.

What a shitty weekend :( Prelims were amazing though
12/10/12 8:10 AM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Translation:

Put down the fork and fire the yes men Phone Post
12/10/12 8:41 AM
Big Pookie
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hang em up. Its not worth it.

He was noticeably slower against a WW, and it will show even more against LWs. It's not worth it to keep getting hit in the head that much.
12/10/12 8:46 AM
Chris Power
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see BJ this late in his career, with his physical gifts speed in particular slowly fading, suddenly realizing long last that training in Hilo out of a camp he basically dictates isn't good for career development.

He'll probably retire or keep fighting/losing at WW until he retires far less on-top than he could have. Penn seems pretty stubborn.

All that said of course, it's his career and he can call it quits whenever the hell he wants. He'll make 6-figures to do this minimum until he's like 45, and he's been in the public eye for many years, so it's not exactly an easy thing to walk away from.
12/10/12 8:49 AM
MrMichaelz

seems he's got Tito-Ortizitis
12/10/12 8:53 AM
Marcelw03
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No longer a contender, but there are still some fun fights out there for him.
12/10/12 9:02 AM
AK-BJJ

He should check his test levels too though... Seriously. Because he has definitely lost some speed and explosiveness. Hell I know he always preaches against steroids, but TRT is very accepted for fighters in their 30's at this point so why the hell not?? TRT + 155 = scary BJ again (PLUS a new camp like most are saying)
12/10/12 9:04 AM
Chris Power
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AK-BJJ - He should check his test levels too though... Seriously. Because he has definitely lost some speed and explosiveness. Hell I know he always preaches against steroids, but TRT is very accepted for fighters in their 30's at this point so why the hell not?? TRT + 155 = scary BJ again (PLUS a new camp like most are saying)

Considering how anti-PEDs he is, and considering TRT is baiscally legalized cheating, I can't imagine he'd want to go down that road for one simple reason - after a lifetime of espousing clean competition, he'd never live down a TRT exemption. Penn seems sensitive to his public image in that sense, he wants to maintain that hardcore fighter's fighter image, and TRT would fracture that even amongst fighters.
12/10/12 9:04 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

AK-BJJ - He should check his test levels too though... Seriously. Because he has definitely lost some speed and explosiveness. Hell I know he always preaches against steroids, but TRT is very accepted for fighters in their 30's at this point so why the hell not?? TRT + 155 = scary BJ again (PLUS a new camp like most are saying)
Even with all that, sorry to say hes not beating Benson Phone Post
12/10/12 9:40 AM
AK-BJJ

Chris Leben is a Zombie - 
AK-BJJ - He should check his test levels too though... Seriously. Because he has definitely lost some speed and explosiveness. Hell I know he always preaches against steroids, but TRT is very accepted for fighters in their 30's at this point so why the hell not?? TRT + 155 = scary BJ again (PLUS a new camp like most are saying)
Even with all that, sorry to say hes not beating Benson Phone Post

Unfortunately I agree... There are some good fights for him though

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.