UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rasahd: Bout with 'Lil' Nog 'made sense'

12/24/12 10:36 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Little Nog is trying to break into the top echelon of fighters and deservedly so. He's a tough competitor, he has a lot of experience, and he's been doing this for a long time. The UFC came to my manager and they wanted to put the fight together. I haven't fought in a long time and I'm coming off a loss, so this made sense to me.

"He's a really good boxer, a good counter boxer. But I'm faster. I'm quick. I think (speed will be my big advantage). Besides, I think I'm better looking too.

"He has good stand up. His boxing is pretty good, one of the best in the weight class. Also his ground, he has a really good ground game so I gotta be aware of the ground."

transcription by MMAMania.com...

12/24/12 10:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris Power
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got no beef with it, always down to watch top fighters fight top fighters. Don't always gotta be for nothin' in particular other than a good fight.

Rashad should have this one in the bag though.
12/24/12 10:39 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see a nice clean 2nd round tko win for mr evans on this one
12/24/12 11:05 AM
Shoco
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lil Nog got this. Phone Post
12/24/12 11:11 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Rashad really tries to box with Nog he's getting finished. Phone Post
12/24/12 11:17 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - If Rashad really tries to box with Nog he's getting finished. Phone Post
He wont. Phone Post
Yeah probably not. Rashad gets hurt and almost finished every time he fights anyone with some punching power though, I wouldn't count Nog out. Phone Post
12/24/12 11:18 AM
epwar
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad has gone 4-1 since January 2010.  In the same time period, Lil Nog has gone 2-2 (the wins over Tito and a split over Jason Brilz).  No wonder Rashad likes this match up.

12/24/12 11:18 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - If Rashad really tries to box with Nog he's getting finished. Phone Post
He wont. Phone Post

Of course not! Davis and Darth tooled him on the ground, Evans will too.
12/24/12 11:25 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Lil Nog finishes Rashad. It would be cool for him to stun Rashad and then catch him in a sub.
12/24/12 11:28 AM
Flyers179

Hate this matchup. UFC continues to throw wrestlers at Lil Nog that will score BS decision victories over him. Rashad may come to fight but the Bader/Davis decisions over Nog were BS.

12/24/12 11:34 AM
minotauro11
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flyers179 - Hate this matchup. UFC continues to throw wrestlers at Lil Nog that will score BS decision victories over him. Rashad may come to fight but the Bader/Davis decisions over Nog were BS.

Agreed. I hate watching guys score points from sitting in the guard, then coming on here and seeing guys like the above poster who think Nog got "tooled". Phone Post
12/24/12 11:38 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rasahd by UD

12/24/12 11:40 AM
Lazer MMA

Willy the Coyote - Lol @ Davis and Bader "tooling" him on the ground. Please.

Round 2 - Halfway in, Davis kicks the inside of the thigh. Davis gets his takedown. Nogueira looks to attack from the bottom. Knees on the chest, and he kicks away. As he tries to scramble free, he'a caught from behind by Davis. Davis dumps him again. Nogueira on his knees, and Davis is punching away. Right hands landing to the head as Nogueira turtles. Right hands and knees scores in the closing seconds, and Davis takes the round on the MMAjunkie.com card on the late offense, 10-9.

Round 3 - Could be a critical third round. Touch of gloves to start it. Nogueira in the center. Davis circles on the outside and misses a front kick. Davis landing his punches, and he tries a flying knee. High kick for Davis. He shoots deep o a single and takes top position less than a minute in. Half-mount for Davis. Punches from the top. Nogueira scrambles free briefly, but Davis swarms the back. Nogueira rolls to his back and tries to control the wrists. Davis stays tight on the top and works in a few punches and elbows. Nogueira kicks him away, and they reset on the feet halfway in. Davis kicks the body. Punches exchanged, and Davis deep on a single again. He lets it go. Kick for Davis, punch from Nogueira as Davis was dropping for a takedown, which he gets. Davis grinding away from the top, and he's in half-mount. Crowd boos as the pace slows a bit, but Davis knows he's got this of he rides out the clock. Davis drops bacd looks to be thinking leglock. Nogueira tries to kick him away, but Davis presses in. More unrest from the crowd. Nogueira tries to trap the right arm, but Davis pulls it away and the crowd starts heading for the exit. Davis' third-round performance takes away from the drama of the first. MMAjunkie.com gives Davis the third, 10-9, and gives him the fight 29-28. Phil Davis def. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Won't bather with Darth fight but it's his TD's and control that won him that fight (1st &2nd rd.'s) too.
12/24/12 11:44 AM
Lazer MMA

minotauro11 - 
Flyers179 - Hate this matchup. UFC continues to throw wrestlers at Lil Nog that will score BS decision victories over him. Rashad may come to fight but the Bader/Davis decisions over Nog were BS.

Agreed. I hate watching guys score points from sitting in the guard, then coming on here and seeing guys like the above poster who think Nog got "tooled". Phone Post

Um, what is good enough to win is just that. If a top wrestler is on top of you what is it? You're beat bro. Are you saying nog won those fights?? LMFAO
12/24/12 11:52 AM
Lazer MMA

Ryann Von Doom - 

This. Should have made him fight rampage.. That'd be a fucking killer battle. Phone Post

He'd take this fight quick. If he wins he moves way up. Find a way to win if you can. Page is fighting Glover in maybe his last UFC fight, would you be happy if Nog was? Who is left then? I guess you could try to get Gus or the rematch with Shogun. This is the bigger fight if he can win NO question. Shad is number 3 correct?
12/24/12 12:25 PM
ortman166

minotauro11 -

This. Phone Post
12/24/12 12:33 PM
mose
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be an easy fight for Rashad. Little Nog will always go down as a curious case. I've always felt like his career got away from him a bit between 2005-2008. Long layoff between Rua and Overeem, then getting caught in the fragmentation of the MMA market and not fighting regularly at a high level(he had 2 1-year layoffs during that time). By the time he started fighting top competition on a regular basis, he was 5-years older.

Bit of a 'could-have, should-have' to me, and now I believe him to be firmly on the downside.
12/24/12 12:46 PM
Zaph
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MysteriousNinjaFromMars - I see a nice clean 2nd round tko win for mr evans on this one
Rashad may manage to wrestle his way to a decision, but if someone wins this by KO, it'll be Nog. Phone Post
12/24/12 12:52 PM
Lazer MMA

Ryann Von Doom - 
Lazer MMA -
Ryann Von Doom - 

This. Should have made him fight rampage.. That'd be a fucking killer battle. Phone Post

He'd take this fight quick. If he wins he moves way up. Find a way to win if you can. Page is fighting Glover in maybe his last UFC fight, would you be happy if Nog was? Who is left then? I guess you could try to get Gus or the rematch with Shogun. This is the bigger fight if he can win NO question. Shad is number 3 correct?
I'd have had gus/rashad tbh. Silva dropped the ball with the rampage/lil nog fight. Infact so did pride. Phone Post

This is a good post Evans VS Gus makes mores sense. Agree that fight should have happened too RVD. Good post
12/24/12 1:22 PM
Fabes
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Willy the Coyote - Lol @ Davis and Bader "tooling" him on the ground. Please.
They didn't "tool" him but they showed how to beat him. And Rashad is better than both those guys. I want Nog to win but it seems unlikely to me. Phone Post
12/24/12 1:43 PM
BooZe

Rashad thinks this is an easy payday so of course he likes it...
12/24/12 2:37 PM
dmjr98
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad by ko or tko Phone Post
12/24/12 2:43 PM
Zaph
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have nothing against Rashad, but I hope Nog puts him to sleep. WAR NOG!!! Phone Post
12/24/12 2:44 PM
OftheWay
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dmjr98 - Rashad by ko or tko Phone Post
Lil Nog is difficult to finish. Phone Post
12/24/12 2:55 PM
Lazer MMA

WTF

Lil Nog gets a great opportunity to put himself in the thick of things at LHW with a HUGE fight & the UG says he's getting screwed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.