UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Help! $40K of my $250K insurance claim was denied

12/26/12 11:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rear Naked Chode
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - Mod should sticky this.

12/26/12 11:59 PM
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/26/12 11:59 PM
Conor Heun -
I really have no idea. So far the bills I have received are for $2,648.00 for Physical therapy which I have discontinued, and one for $37,950.00 from the hosipital, anesthesia, arterial catheterization, spinal injection, and PRP.

$40,000. Wow.

God bless Mike Russell and the rest of the staff at fund-a-fighter.

12/27/12 12:00 AM
thedirtyburger

UG JUSTICE! Phone Post
12/27/12 12:04 AM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

abi - if dana can drop a G after every sub finish for j-lau against the tooth, Im sure he can help conor out..chump change.. Phone Post
I'd hope he would. Phone Post
12/27/12 12:15 AM
Diaz50-43Failure
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
12/27/12 12:47 AM
CavRyda
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

12/27/12 1:19 AM
Conor Heun
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have filed an appeal with the insurance company.

My surgeon had a peer to peer call with the doctor for the insurance company but apparently his ruling and opinion remained the same.

The insurance company's job is to deny claims.

Your doctor's job is to fight the insurance company on your behalf. My doctor has been fighting for me but so far to no avail.

Here is the link to my fund-a-fighter page again incase you guys missed it.

http://fundafighter.com/fighters/conor-heun/
12/27/12 1:44 AM
Sock of Slaw

ttt
12/27/12 1:44 AM
Drapht
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time for Dana to hook a brother up?? Phone Post
12/27/12 1:45 AM
AussieMayhem

Brian J DSouza -
Conor Heun -
I really have no idea. So far the bills I have received are for $2,648.00 for Physical therapy which I have discontinued, and one for $37,950.00 from the hosipital, anesthesia, arterial catheterization, spinal injection, and PRP.

$40,000. Wow.

God bless Mike Russell and the rest of the staff at fund-a-fighter.

This. That's a lot more then I thought it would be. Phone Post
12/27/12 2:01 AM
nogi26
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/27/12 2:02 AM
Hopefully Uncle Dana steps up and helps him out. Its stories like this that make me thankful I live in Canada
12/27/12 2:10 AM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conor Heun - I have filed an appeal with the insurance company.

My surgeon had a peer to peer call with the doctor for the insurance company but apparently his ruling and opinion remained the same.

The insurance company's job is to deny claims.

Your doctor's job is to fight the insurance company on your behalf. My doctor has been fighting for me but so far to no avail.

Here is the link to my fund-a-fighter page again incase you guys missed it.

http://fundafighter.com/fighters/conor-heun/
Hey
I'm doing a raffle off of my art to benefit krs10kos cancer group. Maybe we can set something up where people donate into a raffle or something for your fundafighter account. Phone Post
12/27/12 2:22 AM
itswhitty
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still no sticky?!  I'm surprised.  I was all excited when I posted within the first 20 minutes, as I was sure it was going to be stickied within minutes...  The fact that having functional legs is considered such a luxury that it is priced outside the grasp of a vast majority of people in this country is a national shame. 

Anyway, TTT.  Wish I could do more to help...

12/27/12 2:32 AM
Rear Naked Chode
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - 
Rear Naked Chode - Mod should sticky this.

12/27/12 2:41 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That really sucks. Good luck CH! And come on mods. Sticky time already. Phone Post
12/27/12 2:47 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conor, I am really sorry to read this. I wish you the best brother!
12/27/12 2:49 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/27/12 11:52 AM

Let it be known for the record that Conor holds no ill will towards Zuffa, Strikeforce, or the UFC. They have been nothing but great to him and he isn't trying to target or disparage any of them with his campaign.

It's unfortunate that their insurance carrier chose to reject his claim for injuries sustained during his fight with Ryan Couture, but it's not surprising. Insurance companies aren't always as level-headed as they should be.

The point of this campaign isn't to make Strikeforce, the UFC, or Zuffa look bad. It's to help Conor.

12/27/12 2:49 AM
Pilot201
2259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/27/12 2:50 AM

insurance companies are scum.

12/27/12 3:18 AM
California

^ absolutely correct.

insurance company commercials make me ill. they are the height of hypocrisy. all those companies care about is maximizing $$$profits$$$. they will deny any claims possible. they don't give a shit about people.

good luck Conor.

12/27/12 3:23 AM
Rear Naked Chode

Ttt
12/27/12 3:24 AM
Team GDP
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ottavia bourdain is the top donor right now. she is awesome!

12/27/12 3:27 AM
Conor Heun
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and concern. I will get back up.
12/27/12 3:30 AM
Rear Naked Chode

12/27/12 3:40 AM
aritwo

Authority Figure - 
ItBurnsWheniOG -  Shouldn't the doctor of ran it by your insurance to make sure they covered it so you wouldn't have to pay the bill? Phone Post

Doctors are interested in billable work. They don't give a fuck if you can afford it. What they usually do is act like it was an accident that it fell under disallowable work and offer you a payment plan. Which means they actually make MORE on the procedure. 

if the doctor was interested in getting paid, he would have made sure the insurance would pay it.

doctors/hospitals actually lose money offering payment plans and asking the patient to pay because they really have no power to force you to pay and you can just claim bankruptcy.

in reality, most doctors just write-off cases like this as pro bono and move on without getting a cent. in this case, the surgeon probably did the same because Conor isn't being charged for the actual surgery. this directly counters your inference that doctors are just trying to get make the most profit.

what happened is that the doctor did what was best for the health of his patient. usually they will cover it, but for some reason they flagged this case for denial. around 10% of our claims denied even when the paperwork was properly filed.
12/27/12 7:02 AM
Diaz50-43Failure
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.