UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jon Jones, You're Next!

12/30/12 1:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Damaynevent
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Cormier comes down to 205 he gets rag dolled by JBJ. Cormier doesn't have anything for Jones. I like DC, but he gets his ass beat horribly by Bones.
12/30/12 1:26 AM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dopey thread Kos.
12/30/12 1:27 AM
Kostakio
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigSleep - Dopey thread Kos.
Sorry, my dude. I just don't like Jones. I hope Cormier bludgeons him. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:35 AM
theshooter
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Whats pathetic is that Jones is actually bigger then Cain is YET Cain is the one beating monsters at HW, while Jones is down at LHW beating up on significantly much smaller oppoenents"

I remember playing little kids football (this was pre-high school) and they had 3 different divisions that were based on age and size. I remember some kids who could have played in a higher division going down in lower divisions just so they could have a size advantage (they were able to just barely make the maximum size limit but cutting a few pounds and then gaining it back). These kids even bragged about how they were bigger than everyone else in their division and how they could smash people. I thought that it was kind of a pussy thing to do.
12/30/12 1:35 AM
kostello

Damaynevent - If Cormier comes down to 205 he gets rag dolled by JBJ. Cormier doesn't have anything for Jones. I like DC, but he gets his ass beat horribly by Bones.

Olympic wrestler Dan Cormier?
12/30/12 1:44 AM
Kostakio
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kostello -
Damaynevent - If Cormier comes down to 205 he gets rag dolled by JBJ. Cormier doesn't have anything for Jones. I like DC, but he gets his ass beat horribly by Bones.

. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:48 AM
Kunzy

Keep wishing white boy. lol

12/30/12 1:51 AM
Kostakio

Kunzy -

Keep wishing white boy. lol

I will, black boy. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:25 AM
Blazing Knees

PLEASE- Cain gassed after the 1st round, couldn't finsih a ko'ed fighter for 20 mins and put on a sloppy performance.He's got NO chance against JBJ
12/30/12 2:26 AM
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is not the real kostakio, IMO.
12/30/12 2:27 AM
Kostakio

Blazing Knees - PLEASE- Cain gassed after the 1st round, couldn't finsih a ko'ed fighter for 20 mins and put on a sloppy performance.He's got NO chance against JBJ
What? I never meant that Velasquez would be the one to dethrone Jones. I just meant that Jones would be next to have his weakness(es) exposed. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:27 AM
Kostakio

Who knows, maybe by Chael Sonnen. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:28 AM
Kostakio

youarewhatiswrong - This is not the real kostakio, IMO.
haha sorry to disappoint

I was amped after Cain (love the dude) dominated JDS and his fanboys. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:29 AM
Damaynevent

Kostakio - 
kostello -

. Phone Post

Yes. His credentials are impressive just like the other champions and decorated wrestlers JBJ owned.
12/30/12 2:56 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damaynevent - 
Kostakio - 
kostello -

. Phone Post

Yes. His credentials are impressive just like the other champions and decorated wrestlers JBJ owned.

There are many levels of good, better, and great.  DC is far above the level of Jones's other opponents and he has now implemented it into mma pretty damn well as of late.  

DC- international level, Olympian, finished 4th at the 2004 games.  2008 team and also 5 USA world teams. Didn't get a D-1 nat championship as he ran into Cael Sanderson and that's understandable.  

Bader- 2x AA at Arizona

Shad - one match away from AA one time at MSU.  One huge upset win (which was awesome at the time)

Matyushenko - Soviet National Champ, transferred to Purdue? and was middle of the road. 

Vera - No accolades, was on the Air Force greco team and they shared time at the national training center

Hammill - DIII guy. Not sure of any accolades

Jackson - high school wrestling

Just stating facts.  4th in the world and 6-7 years of international experience trumps Jones's other opponent's wrestling credentials by a mile.  

12/30/12 3:28 AM
semtex0809
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only by cormier Phone Post
12/30/12 3:34 AM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bones is leaps and bounds ahead of every 205er
12/30/12 3:34 AM
Kevin Arnold

Jones last 5 fights

Shogun - Finished
Rampage - Finished
Machida - Finished
Rashad - Decision win
Vitor - Finished

4 of those 5 fights were finishes, he beat 5 former UFC champs, and defended his title 4 times.

Hype train my ass. Fucking haters.
12/30/12 3:37 AM
Kevin Arnold

Viva - Jones' own coaches say that they gameplan for Jones to utilise his massive size and reach advantages.

Jones is not about speed, power, toughness, or technique

Jones IS ALL about just being much bigger and longer then all of his significantly smaller opponents

And utilisng his outlandish size and reach advantages over much smaller men for dominanace

Jones was saying leading up into the Shogun fight, that he WAS going to be TOO BIG and TOO STRONG for Shogun. Sadly he was more then right

Pound for pound, Shogun is the far more skilled fighter. Jones is just the MUCH BIGGER wrestler etc

Stupid is as stupid does
12/30/12 3:40 AM
Phisher

Viva - 
Mexirican - 
Dirtguy -
Kostakio -  Another hype train will be derailed soon too! Phone Post

How is Jon jones a hype train?

This. Not a fan but Jones has certainly paid his dues. There's no denying his domination thus far. Phone Post

Size and reach are BIG contributors to Jones' dominance at LHW over significantly smaller LHW opponents

You would be crazy to deny that. No body uses their size and reach like Jones does

Jones whole game relies on his outlandish size and reach advantages. Jones IS all about being bigger and longer then all of his smaller opponents

Would Jones still be as dominant as he is now, if fighting opponents more equal in size to him?

Doubt it!

Jones technique as it is, is sloopy.Jones makes mistakes all the time, but is able to get away with it due to his reach. His smaller opponents never commit to getting within his range to land. They stay hesistant and allow Jones to dicate a slow pace while he picks away from outside range with his range etc

If Jones is fighting good HWs who can match his size and strenth, so where it then comes down to skill, I dont see Jones being any where near as dominant as he is at LHW against smaller opponents

Whats pathetic is that Jones is actually bigger then Cain is YET Cain is the one beating monsters at HW, while Jones is down at LHW beating up on significantly much smaller oppoenents

Cain would crush Jones because he is better. Cain is the beating monsters at HW while being the smaller figher

Jesus Christ man. You're like herpes and cockroaches. You never go away. How many times do you have to get banned before you call it a day?

12/30/12 5:58 AM
Drummeryan

Dirtguy -

My thoughts exactly. Hype dosent finish rampage, shogun, and machida. And, IMO, jones beats Cain. Phone Post
12/30/12 10:02 AM
Kostakio

Drummeryan -
Dirtguy -

My thoughts exactly. Hype dosent finish rampage, shogun, and machida. And, IMO, jones beats Cain. Phone Post
Except for Machida, rampage and shogun can be argued that they were "on their way out". Phone Post
12/30/12 10:13 AM
bhealthy

i think cormier will be facing hendo next
12/30/12 10:16 AM
Allen Hood

Who is going to beat him ? Oh wait ya that's right chael Phone Post
12/30/12 10:18 AM
RPBJJ
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - And to the faggot that voted me down...

I'm sorry. Don't do it again, please? Phone Post
You can't say ANYTHING about JBJ on the UG without getting voted down. This is a fact! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.