UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 157, less than 5K tickets sold

1/2/13 9:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.ufcmontrealtickets.ca/ronda-rousey-isnt-a-box-office-knockout-for-ufc-157-tickets/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1/2/13 10:23 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 

Californians are trying to save for plane tickets to Montreal for 158 imo

Not a bad idea

1/2/13 10:25 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the event is like two months away, 5k sold in a week isnt bad. says its less tickets but more money than the did for Shogun/Vera and the Fox card.

I assume as they start pushing that event and she starts doing media for the fight tickets should sell. Probably do 10/12k sold.

1/2/13 11:01 PM
RKing85
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not bad, but certainly not great either. Event isn't going to sell out legit. Although to be fair very few UFC events these days do.
1/2/13 11:09 PM
Mad Dangler

Does the ug get specials on ufc events? Phone Post
1/2/13 11:19 PM
pegson123

I don't know why meltzer is trying to break lady rousey down. 

Tickets were on sale during the christmas break when people had already purchased presents and were likely keeping cash close their chests and likely not even thinking about buying ufc tickets.

1/2/13 11:20 PM
TuLegit

It'll pick up obviously. Phone Post
1/2/13 11:25 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC 121 had 14,856 in attendance but you can't really compare those cards. I still predict PPV buys to not do well, but we'll have to see how they market Rousey and the card. Phone Post
1/2/13 11:49 PM
Chris27

GayGuardMooseSaucy -  UFC 121 had 14,856 in attendance but you can't really compare those cards. I still predict PPV buys to not do well, but we'll have to see how they market Rousey and the card. Phone Post

It it does well on PPV its because Hendo/Machida, if it does bad its because of Ronda.

She gets torn apart either way.

and yeah you cant compare Brock and Cain to Ronda or frankly anyone other than like GSP or Silva.

That was a Mexican American fighting for the HW title in Cali vs the biggest MMA PPV star.
1/3/13 1:06 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Chris27 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  UFC 121 had 14,856 in attendance but you can't really compare those cards. I still predict PPV buys to not do well, but we'll have to see how they market Rousey and the card. Phone Post

It it does well on PPV its because Hendo/Machida, if it does bad its because of Ronda.

She gets torn apart either way.

and yeah you cant compare Brock and Cain to Ronda or frankly anyone other than like GSP or Silva.

That was a Mexican American fighting for the HW title in Cali vs the biggest MMA PPV star.
There were idiots in another thread comparing Rousey's fame and star power to Brock's. like you said, if the buys are good it's for the real main event Hendo/Machida Phone Post
1/3/13 1:18 AM
raf_269
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't know tickets went on sale already. I don't think they've started heavily promoting it yet. It most likely won't sell out but ticket sales should pick up a bit closer to the event.

1/3/13 9:49 AM
Card
2068 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/3/13 11:53 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana will find that Ronda getting attention at a 'Sons of Anarchy' premiere doesn't mean she is a star.

He is trying to make her the new Brock and you can't force these things. Phone Post
1/3/13 3:04 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Dana will find that Ronda getting attention at a 'Sons of Anarchy' premiere doesn't mean she is a star.

He is trying to make her the new Brock and you can't force these things. Phone Post
Well said Phone Post
1/3/13 3:38 PM
FutaWon (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card -

How the hell is Faber gonna fight twice in one night. Phone Post
1/3/13 4:13 PM
SkooterFanForLife
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda and nick Diaz drew the same number of viewers in sf. It'll sell fine. It's still a ways away.
1/3/13 4:15 PM
disbeliever
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Personally I think the card is great.

What I don't get is people who claim they will boycott the event simply because a woman is on it (which I have heard people on here say).
1/3/13 4:20 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

honda is gonna blow up, give her time and she will be as big as brock

judo olympics blah blah blah....
1/3/13 4:24 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in SoCal and already got my tickets. Can't wait to go. Phone Post
1/3/13 4:26 PM
disbeliever
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
LilBrockonmychest - 
disbeliever - Personally I think the card is great.

What I don't get is people who claim they will boycott the event simply because a woman is on it (which I have heard people on here say).

I just don't want to pay $55 for a PPV with Ronda headling. Not only am I not a big fan of her, but it's a total mismatch. I would watch her on a free card but not paying for it. Kind of like how I don't watch the WNBA, womens softball, or womens volleyball. Just not a fan of womens sports.

If you genuinely dislike the card, that's cool. I don't buy everyone.

This isn't a WMMA card though. It's a UFC card with 1 woman fight on it. Machida/Henderson alone is a great headliner...
1/3/13 4:30 PM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - That's pretty good actually.

Is it? I thought they usually sell out

1/3/13 4:43 PM
kalki

*will never buy a woman's ppv
1/3/13 5:16 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

SkooterFanForLife - Ronda and nick Diaz drew the same number of viewers in sf. It'll sell fine. It's still a ways away.
UFC 137-280K, that's horrible.

UFC 143-400K, average considering the promotion and Super Bowl weekend.

One thing about Diaz is people love his fighting style, we'll soon see if people are interested in seeing rousey armbar someone in half a round Phone Post
1/3/13 5:45 PM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_sakurabas ear - I'm in SoCal and already got my tickets. Can't wait to go. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
1/3/13 5:56 PM
Farewell Brock
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -
LilBrockonmychest - 
disbeliever - Personally I think the card is great.

I just don't want to pay $55 for a PPV with Ronda headling. Not only am I not a big fan of her, but it's a total mismatch. I would watch her on a free card but not paying for it. Kind of like how I don't watch the WNBA, womens softball, or womens volleyball. Just not a fan of womens sports.

If you genuinely dislike the card, that's cool. I don't buy everyone.

This isn't a WMMA card though. It's a UFC card with 1 woman fight on it. Machida/Henderson alone is a great headliner...
That's the problem. Lyoto and hendo arnt headlining, it's a slap in the face to hendo and his career that he was moved from main event to Co main even for a first time wmma fight tgats a 15-1 mismatch, Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.