UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Where do you rank DC at heavy weight?

1/5/13 5:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Forrest Spliffn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where and why? Phone Post
1/5/13 5:57 AM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because Cain has the belt and the only other guy who could beat him is JDS Phone Post
1/5/13 5:59 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll go with 4th, behind Cain, JDS and Werduum. Phone Post
1/5/13 6:16 AM
white

Skill-wise I'd say he's 1-2. Based purely on merit of wins he's 3-5 after his Barnett win, depending on how you had Barnett ranked.

Likely won't ever happen [outside of practice], but I think he'd beat Cain. There's not really anyone that I'd take over him in a fight, from 1-10 at heavyweight. Phone Post
1/5/13 6:41 AM
war wand
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain
Cormier
Reem
JDS
Barnett Phone Post
1/5/13 8:14 AM
JROTT
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He beat Bigfoot and fat Barnett.. I don't believe the hype yet.. Give him Roy Nelson, gut vs gut, overhand power shot x2 and then we'll see where he's @ Phone Post
1/5/13 8:19 AM
NastyNate420
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote -  5

Cain
JDS
Overeem
Werdum
Cormier Phone Post

1/5/13 8:43 AM
BrokeFitch

JROTT - He beat Bigfoot and fat Barnett.. I don't believe the hype yet.. Give him Roy Nelson, gut vs gut, overhand power shot x2 and then we'll see where he's @ Phone Post
i feel the same! lots of people think he is already top of the foodchain, but imo he needs to get two or three wins on the biggest stage in mma to make the hype become reality! Phone Post
1/5/13 8:52 AM
mose
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier is pretty massively overrated at the moment. Not saying he won't earn it, but still.

Barnett was a great win in 2002, and a very good win around 2006. In 2012, he was a name. Big Foot Silva is an okay win, but nothing to get you ranked #3 as some sites place Cormier.

Overall, I don't view him nearly as highly as many here seem to. I believe the grind of 1-2 years in the UFC, where fights are top competition after top competition after top competition, will expose somewhat.
1/5/13 8:52 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NastyNate420 - 
Willy the Coyote -  5

Cain
JDS
Overeem
Werdum
Cormier Phone Post

This.  Until I see him fight against one of those 4 guys I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

1/5/13 8:56 AM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain
Overeem
JDS
Dc
Werdum
Had to switch it up a bit Phone Post
1/5/13 8:58 AM
Morgz
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Fat Barnett"?

Come on. You may not like Josh, but he looked pretty much the same good shape he has looked in all his fights in recent years. Don't let that little bit of fluff over his vale tudo shorts fool you...Barnett is a solid top 15 (top 10, IMO) HW. That was a very legit win for DC.

I would put DC in top 10 HW's for sure right now, but lets not get crazy and say top 5 just yet. If he can beat more top guys like Carwin, Mir, Werdum, Allistair, then I would agree he's top 5. I think DC needs to beat 1 or 2 more top 10 guys before I'm totally on board.

That said, I think he would destroy at 205. Possibly at HW as well, just need to see more first. Phone Post
1/5/13 11:03 AM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - Just lol @ number 3. I know he beat Josh but he aint number 3 homies. Just like Gilbert isnt 1,2,3,4. Phone Post
That'sjuwt your opinion

He will earn it, Roy would be a good fight Phone Post
1/5/13 11:04 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

right now 4..but he possibly could be 1

1/5/13 12:22 PM
UGCTT_Pariah

mose - Cormier is pretty massively overrated at the moment. Not saying he won't earn it, but still.

Barnett was a great win in 2002, and a very good win around 2006. In 2012, he was a name. Big Foot Silva is an okay win, but nothing to get you ranked #3 as some sites place Cormier.

Overall, I don't view him nearly as highly as many here seem to. I believe the grind of 1-2 years in the UFC, where fights are top competition after top competition after top competition, will expose somewhat.
This, except saying Barnett is just a name. Barnett is still a good fighter, but both of them broke their hands on the first round of that fight. I'm not buying into the Cormier hype (although he looked really impressive against Bigfoot), but I'd probably rank him in the bottom of the top 10 (maybe).

Definitely not deserving of a UFC title shot in any weight class right now in my opinion. Phone Post
1/5/13 12:42 PM
40oztofreedom
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Pariah -
mose - Cormier is pretty massively overrated at the moment. Not saying he won't earn it, but still.

This, except saying Barnett is just a name. Barnett is still a good fighter, but both of them broke their hands on the first round of that fight. I'm not buying into the Cormier hype (although he looked really impressive against Bigfoot), but I'd probably rank him in the bottom of the top 10 (maybe).

Definitely not deserving of a UFC title shot in any weight class right now in my opinion. Phone Post
These guys know the truth. It's fun to think he's right up there with JDS and Cain but in reality no one has a clue how he'd fair up against the top 5 UFC HW's. He could very well face a mid tier HW for his first fight and get tuned. Anything is possible. Phone Post
1/5/13 12:57 PM
RKing85
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

based on who he has beat, I have him at #5 in my personal rankings.
1/5/13 12:58 PM
Doc T
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest Spliffn - Where and why? Phone Post
Nice screen name Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.