UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey to make $75/75 + PPV cut, Carmouche $12/12

1/5/13 10:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
yellow wrkahlc -

LMFAO.

Dana's hitting that and if he's not, he sure hopes he gets to. I truly hope Carmouche gives Rousey a bad night.

This all makes me uncomfortable and a little embarrassed Phone Post

As it should.

Dana wants to get cockbarred for sure, and that's not okay.

No, no isn't! Phone Post
1/5/13 10:12 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^dangit, I left a key word out of that phrase. Oh well. I wild each it Phone Post
1/5/13 10:12 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Glovegate - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
JOESONDO - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
robnashville - 

75k/&75k is more than the FW, BW, and FlyW champs made in their debuts.......combined

That is more than lightweight champ Ben Henderson made in his last fight which was 39k/39k for his win over Nate...

is that number is true, then it is a complete farce that she is making that kinda money... 

shes a bigger draw than all of them combined

Not according to the numbers so far Phone Post

really? how many tickets did those other guys sell headlinung a ppv against a noname after a week?

Come in here using sound reasoning and logic again, and I will not hesitate to bant jew.

oh you mean not evaluating her relative drawing power based on specukation but rather on cold hard historical numbers  ....like the way she outdrew several ufc stars in strikeforce?

She outdrew ppv'ers while not on ppv?  You don't say...

no just viewers   thats all. im sure viewers have no correlation to buys. speculation is better evidence

You mean like your speculation that every person who watched her without paying 50$ will still watch her when they have to pay?  Like your speculation that the viewership is 100% attributable to her and nobody else?

157's numbers might actually be ok, I disagree with most people here on that. But they'll probably have to stack all of her cards like this if they don't want a sub 200k embarrassment.  Especially if she's a 15-1 favourite.

Also correlation is not causation.  Look up those words, they have different meanings.

lol dumbass. there is more evidence tnat she will be a bigger draw than tnere is she will be a lesser draw.

and im sure you have more expertise and markrt data than thr ufc whos banking on her. lol

1/5/13 10:40 PM
Zomby

What is the ppv bonus on 10k buys???

If Carmouche wins, RIP womens mma...
1/5/13 10:43 PM
cworley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toby Lerone - People need to understand that it HAS to be the main event. It's a title fight and to have a non title fight billed above it would devalue the title before the women's division has even started.

Plus the fact that its the first fight in a new division so needs the top billing to kick start promotion of the as yet unseen division.

Same sort of situation as Bisping being billed under the flyweight title a while back. His fight was the bigger draw ad the fighters better paid but the title fight was still the main event.

There's no way the UFC can put a non title fight above a title fight without losing credibility. Phone Post
This. Voting up when I get to the computer.. Phone Post
1/5/13 10:58 PM
JOESONDO
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
JOESONDO - 
robnashville - 

75k/&75k is more than the FW, BW, and FlyW champs made in their debuts.......combined

That is more than lightweight champ Ben Henderson made in his last fight which was 39k/39k for his win over Nate...

is that number is true, then it is a complete farce that she is making that kinda money... 

really? how many tickets did those other guys sell headlinung a ppv against a noname after a week?

Come in here using sound reasoning and logic again, and I will not hesitate to bant jew.

oh you mean not evaluating her relative drawing power based on specukation but rather on cold hard historical numbers  ....like the way she outdrew several ufc stars in strikeforce?

no just viewers   thats all. im sure viewers have no correlation to buys. speculation is better evidence

You mean like your speculation that every person who watched her without paying 50$ will still watch her when they have to pay?  Like your speculation that the viewership is 100% attributable to her and nobody else?

157's numbers might actually be ok, I disagree with most people here on that. But they'll probably have to stack all of her cards like this if they don't want a sub 200k embarrassment.  Especially if she's a 15-1 favourite.

Also correlation is not causation.  Look up those words, they have different meanings.

lol dumbass. there is more evidence tnat she will be a bigger draw than tnere is she will be a lesser draw.

and im sure you have more expertise and markrt data than thr ufc whos banking on her. lol

You're the one making a claim that Rousey outdraws all the fighters mentioned combined with little no evidence. Look at the facts: she has never been on PPV and therefore is an unproven commodity. She has not sold well up to this point. Has she had good viewership on Showtime? Sure. Does that automatically translate into PPV buys? Absolutely not. The truth of the matter is the UFC is taking a major risk with headlining Rousey on a PPV. Maybe it pays off, maybe it doesn't. But your claim that she is a bigger draw than all of the fighters mentioned combined is not based in fact. Phone Post
1/5/13 11:02 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Edited: 01/05/13 11:02 PM
JOESONDO - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
JOESONDO - 
robnashville - 

You're the one making a claim that Rousey outdraws all the fighters mentioned combined with little no evidence. Look at the facts: she has never been on PPV and therefore is an unproven commodity. She has not sold well up to this point. Has she had good viewership on Showtime? Sure. Does that automatically translate into PPV buys? Absolutely not. The truth of the matter is the UFC is taking a major risk with headlining Rousey on a PPV. Maybe it pays off, maybe it doesn't. But your claim that she is a bigger draw than all of the fighters mentioned combined is not based in fact. Phone Post

little to no evidence? theres a lot of evidence...she has proven to be a draw and the lightweight fighters have not...yeah, ppvs v. ratings, but theres a correlation there...there is evidence and its factual..of course i dont know that for certainty that her ppv #s will be greater and yes i was using hyperbole..but there is GOOD evidence that she is a bigger draw than everyone under 155 and possibly 170 in the ufc

1/5/13 11:14 PM
JOESONDO
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JOESONDO - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
JOESONDO - 
robnashville - 

little to no evidence? theres a lot of evidence...she has proven to be a draw and the lightweight fighters have not...yeah, ppvs v. ratings, but theres a correlation there...there is evidence and its factual..of course i dont know that for certainty that her ppv #s will be greater and yes i was using hyperbole..but there is GOOD evidence that she is a bigger draw than everyone under 155 and possibly 170 in the ufc

Look, I hope you are right because the UFC has had dropping numbers and they need a big star but there is no disputing that Rousey is an unproven PPV commodity. Viewership can lead to PPV numbers but there is definately a risk. Personally i would not have taken the risk at this time and with this opponent. Putting her on the main event of a PPV with an opponent nobody knows is setting her and the entire division up for failure IMO.

As for drawing power vs the lighter weight divisions that remains to be seen. Phone Post
1/5/13 11:18 PM
Don_Dada
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol holy shit. Phone Post
1/5/13 11:27 PM
BooZe

MMAjustice - Wow, I hope the UFC is prepared to be disappointed. She's not going to be much of a draw.

Causal fans dont want to see WMMA, and hardcore fans don't really like her or are pissed that she got a belt right away and is headlining the card.
This Phone Post
1/5/13 11:28 PM
HandyDarsh
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -
MMAinterviews - 

The fact that everyone has an opinion on Ronda Rousey proves that she is indeed a great draw. It remains to be seen what these numbers actually are, all of this is speculation and the back end money is likely where she makes her real bread anyway. Same is true for all the other guys on roster.

What if their opinion of her is that she's not interesting enough as a fighter to pay for?  How is that of any use to her as a seller of herself?

Forget it.  Tired of this shit argument.

Hahaah touché Phone Post
1/5/13 11:29 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
TheMentalisT - look for an all time low in PPV buys and attendance. Nobody wants to see this as the main event. its a fight i want to see, but not as the main event in the worlds #1 MMA org.

Even if some people do know Ronda after her recent success, how many fans know who the fuck Liz Carmouche is?

I don't get that logic AT ALL. Who cares if you don't like the main event if the other 4 fights are awesome?

Furthermore, people need to realize the % of hardcores is very small compared to the casual fans who order PPVs. Ronda has a big following because of her popularity and she will get a lot of press via mainstream media the week of and you will be shocked by the PPV numbers.

Also CA has always sucked for selling tickets. They almost never sell out I expect a larger gate then normal but a lot of comped tickets which is normal in Anaheim.
Because people don't think all 4 of the other fights are awesome. There's one great fight and one more good fight, not much else that is ppv worthy. Phone Post
1/5/13 11:31 PM
JOESONDO

JOESONDO -
JOESONDO - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
JOESONDO - 
robnashville - 

Look, I hope you are right because the UFC has had dropping numbers and they need a big star but there is no disputing that Rousey is an unproven PPV commodity. Viewership can lead to PPV numbers but there is definately a risk. Personally i would not have taken the risk at this time and with this opponent. Putting her on the main event of a PPV with an opponent nobody knows is setting her and the entire division up for failure IMO.

As for drawing power vs the lighter weight divisions that remains to be seen. Phone Post
Just to throw out numbers: Rousey vs Kaufman peaked at 676,000 viewers. Rousey vs Tate peaked at 506,000 viewers. Diaz vs Henderson peaked at 5.7 million viewers. Admittedly more people can view Fox than Showtime but still the numbers suggest that Rousey is not that big of a star yet. To say that she can outdraw anyone under 170 is speculation at best and the facts that we have suggest otherwise. Phone Post
1/5/13 11:50 PM
GnP Sonnen

Flyers179 - This is a joke. She does not deserve that pay compared to her male peers.

That being said good for her for making money.

But guys like Maldonado take beatings on short notice for a fraction of the cost (in much more entertaining fights).
Its bullshit I think. Danas little project.
Like lesnar, gsp, silva. He has a hard on for her. Phone Post
1/6/13 12:03 AM
Alumynabjj

JOESONDO - 
JOESONDO -
JOESONDO - 
Glovegate - 
Glovegate - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
JOESONDO - 
robnashville - 

Just to throw out numbers: Rousey vs Kaufman peaked at 676,000 viewers. Rousey vs Tate peaked at 506,000 viewers. Diaz vs Henderson peaked at 5.7 million viewers. Admittedly more people can view Fox than Showtime but still the numbers suggest that Rousey is not that big of a star yet. To say that she can outdraw anyone under 170 is speculation at best and the facts that we have suggest otherwise. Phone Post

1) I just want to say that not being able to edit a quote is freakin' stupid. I would have loved to have deleted all the other posts included in the one person I was trying to respond to.

2) If you want to compare Apples to Apples here are other Strikeforce numbers. Also I love how you just kinda ignored that on her second fight the viewership went up 25%. And you wonder why Dana is paying her this kind of money? Lastly for all you Fedor nut huggers she was only 80,000 viewers less than Fedor.

Strikeforce “Fedor vs. Silva”: 741,000
Strikeforce “Diaz vs. Cyborg”: 561,000
Strikeforce “Diaz vs. Daley”: 528,000
Strikeforce “Feijao vs. Henderson”: 412,000
1/6/13 12:10 AM
hogh20

there sure are alot of people with crystal balls saying that Rousey will bomb as a pvp draw. I never bought a ppv for the headliner alone. I bought great cards. I have watched all of Rousey's fights and she is great to watch. I love most of the fighters on this card. I buy ppv for the entire card, not the main event only.
1/6/13 12:15 AM
Alumynabjj

GnP Sonnen - 
Flyers179 - This is a joke. She does not deserve that pay compared to her male peers.

But guys like Maldonado take beatings on short notice for a fraction of the cost (in much more entertaining fights).

Dana's lil project? Are you being facetious or are you just retarded? You do realized you just listed his biggest moneymakers right? You know the ones that people pay to see?
1/6/13 12:18 AM
GnP Sonnen

Alumynabjj -
GnP Sonnen - 

Dana's lil project? Are you being facetious or are you just retarded? You do realized you just listed his biggest moneymakers right? You know the ones that people pay to see?
She got the belt because theyre buddies shes a project. Phone Post
1/6/13 12:19 AM
JOESONDO

Alumynabjj,

I won't quote that long conversation but i did not conveniently leave out the 25% increase, I clearly posted her viewership for the last two cards. That's hardly concealing anything.

Secondly I have no issue with her pay, I simply think her headlining a PPV card is high risk and it is. Regardless of the increase, the absolute numbers do not suggest a PPV bonanza. Throwing out other Showtime numbers doesn't justify it either as none of those fighters have proven to be big PPV draws either. Phone Post
1/6/13 12:21 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who really believes Dana would only pay her 75/75 plus a cut?

No way.

Dana is on the hook for this lady and if she wants guaranteed 6 figures to show, I'd bet he would give it to her handily.

Remember, Dana doesn't promote his fighters the way he has trotted her around everywhere.

Chael is the only one who has gotten the Ronda treatment and that's saying something.

Dana said this is the Ronda Rousey show and she is guaranteed getting locker room bonus cash for every appearance she makes.

It will be amazing to watch Dana buck out like $kala after Kimbo lost when Cyborg handles her. Phone Post
1/6/13 12:22 AM
pegson123

carmouche has great management, top manager.. im sure carmouche is getting paid well. for someone who has never drawn in her life

1/6/13 12:29 AM
CindyO

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Who really believes Dana would only pay her 75/75 plus a cut?

No way.

Dana is on the hook for this lady and if she wants guaranteed 6 figures to show, I'd bet he would give it to her handily.

Remember, Dana doesn't promote his fighters the way he has trotted her around everywhere.

Chael is the only one who has gotten the Ronda treatment and that's saying something.

Dana said this is the Ronda Rousey show and she is guaranteed getting locker room bonus cash for every appearance she makes.

It will be amazing to watch Dana buck out like $kala after Kimbo lost when Cyborg handles her. Phone Post

I think she'll be a millionaire in a year. Ronda has that "it" factor and will make Zuffa a lot of money, IMO.

Cindy

1/6/13 12:33 AM
armbarheelhook
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Who really believes Dana would only pay her 75/75 plus a cut?

No way.

Since they diusputed these #s, who really knows what she makes. it could he more or less..

But lets take the 75/75 + ppv cut... If she wins FOTN and SOTN, combined with undisclosed locker room bonus she could prolly make as much as Hendo will make on the night.

$400K+... perhaps Phone Post
1/6/13 12:36 AM
stonepony

Malagant - So she is gonna earn $150,000 total

If she's not actually banking $1m at least, it would be very surprising. What the UFC pays her will only a fraction of what she gets. Also, you forgot the SOTN bonus she is going to get.
1/6/13 12:48 AM
armbarheelhook
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both Jones and Silva got Bentleys....

How long before Uncle Dana gives Rousey one???..

Whats the over/under bet line on this.. lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.