UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey to make $75/75 + PPV cut, Carmouche $12/12

1/6/13 1:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Alumynabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JOESONDO - Alumynabjj,

I won't quote that long conversation but i did not conveniently leave out the 25% increase, I clearly posted her viewership for the last two cards. That's hardly concealing anything.

Secondly I have no issue with her pay, I simply think her headlining a PPV card is high risk and it is. Regardless of the increase, the absolute numbers do not suggest a PPV bonanza. Throwing out other Showtime numbers doesn't justify it either as none of those fighters have proven to be big PPV draws either. Phone Post
Thank you for breaking the cycle. Phone Post
1/6/13 1:42 AM
Enemies

You know 95% of male fighters out there are pulling out their hair right now.
1/6/13 1:48 AM
AnthonyMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Malagant - So she is gonna earn $150,000 total
Plus you know Dana is giving her submission of the night. Phone Post
Unless Liz gets her 24k and 60k for KOtn Phone Post
1/6/13 2:04 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
511 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AnthonyMMA - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Malagant - So she is gonna earn $150,000 total
Plus you know Dana is giving her submission of the night. Phone Post
Unless Liz gets her 24k and 60k for KOtn Phone Post

haha as much as I'd love to see it, not happening. 

1/6/13 2:18 AM
likatiga
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know either way if the number is right or wrong, but if you want to be legit you verify your source's info. If, during that verification process you get a denial or contrary information, you have no info. To run a story headlined by refuted info, then you're a hack.

MMA Journalism needs to come out of the dark ages like MMA itself did. Phone Post
1/6/13 2:24 AM
stonepony

She is making faaaaar more than the average boxer. So is Liz.
1/6/13 3:52 AM
SinCityHustler

Alumynabjj - 
JOESONDO - 
JOESONDO -
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
JOESONDO - 
Glovegate - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Glovegate - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
JOESONDO - 
robnashville - 

75k/&75k is more than the FW, BW, and FlyW champs made in their debuts.......combined

That is more than lightweight champ Ben Henderson made in his last fight which was 39k/39k for his win over Nate...

is that number is true, then it is a complete farce that she is making that kinda money... 

shes a bigger draw than all of them combined

Not according to the numbers so far Phone Post

really? how many tickets did those other guys sell headlinung a ppv against a noname after a week?

Come in here using sound reasoning and logic again, and I will not hesitate to bant jew.

oh you mean not evaluating her relative drawing power based on specukation but rather on cold hard historical numbers  ....like the way she outdrew several ufc stars in strikeforce?

She outdrew ppv'ers while not on ppv?  You don't say...

no just viewers   thats all. im sure viewers have no correlation to buys. speculation is better evidence

You mean like your speculation that every person who watched her without paying 50$ will still watch her when they have to pay?  Like your speculation that the viewership is 100% attributable to her and nobody else?

157's numbers might actually be ok, I disagree with most people here on that. But they'll probably have to stack all of her cards like this if they don't want a sub 200k embarrassment.  Especially if she's a 15-1 favourite.

Also correlation is not causation.  Look up those words, they have different meanings.

lol dumbass. there is more evidence tnat she will be a bigger draw than tnere is she will be a lesser draw.

and im sure you have more expertise and markrt data than thr ufc whos banking on her. lol

You're the one making a claim that Rousey outdraws all the fighters mentioned combined with little no evidence. Look at the facts: she has never been on PPV and therefore is an unproven commodity. She has not sold well up to this point. Has she had good viewership on Showtime? Sure. Does that automatically translate into PPV buys? Absolutely not. The truth of the matter is the UFC is taking a major risk with headlining Rousey on a PPV. Maybe it pays off, maybe it doesn't. But your claim that she is a bigger draw than all of the fighters mentioned combined is not based in fact. Phone Post

little to no evidence? theres a lot of evidence...she has proven to be a draw and the lightweight fighters have not...yeah, ppvs v. ratings, but theres a correlation there...there is evidence and its factual..of course i dont know that for certainty that her ppv #s will be greater and yes i was using hyperbole..but there is GOOD evidence that she is a bigger draw than everyone under 155 and possibly 170 in the ufc

Look, I hope you are right because the UFC has had dropping numbers and they need a big star but there is no disputing that Rousey is an unproven PPV commodity. Viewership can lead to PPV numbers but there is definately a risk. Personally i would not have taken the risk at this time and with this opponent. Putting her on the main event of a PPV with an opponent nobody knows is setting her and the entire division up for failure IMO.

As for drawing power vs the lighter weight divisions that remains to be seen. Phone Post
Just to throw out numbers: Rousey vs Kaufman peaked at 676,000 viewers. Rousey vs Tate peaked at 506,000 viewers. Diaz vs Henderson peaked at 5.7 million viewers. Admittedly more people can view Fox than Showtime but still the numbers suggest that Rousey is not that big of a star yet. To say that she can outdraw anyone under 170 is speculation at best and the facts that we have suggest otherwise. Phone Post

1) I just want to say that not being able to edit a quote is freakin' stupid. I would have loved to have deleted all the other posts included in the one person I was trying to respond to.

2) If you want to compare Apples to Apples here are other Strikeforce numbers. Also I love how you just kinda ignored that on her second fight the viewership went up 25%. And you wonder why Dana is paying her this kind of money? Lastly for all you Fedor nut huggers she was only 80,000 viewers less than Fedor.

Strikeforce “Fedor vs. Silva”: 741,000
Strikeforce “Diaz vs. Cyborg”: 561,000
Strikeforce “Diaz vs. Daley”: 528,000
Strikeforce “Feijao vs. Henderson”: 412,000

I've got no dog in the fight but saying she only did 80k less viewers than Fedor proves what, that she isn't a PPV draw either?  I mean how many PPVs combined has Fedor ever sold over his entire career, 2 or 3 hundred K?  Basing her PPV potential off of not being as a big a draw as a guy who has NEVER been a PPV draw sort of fails to follow any sort of logic.  Don't you think?  

1/6/13 3:55 AM
Ringworm74
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im gonna watch it Phone Post
1/6/13 3:59 AM
Jacinto
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

I would love to see Liz knock her block off and bring an end to this bs.
1/6/13 10:43 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

"I've got no dog in the fight but saying she only did 80k less viewers than Fedor proves what, that she isn't a PPV draw either?  I mean how many PPVs combined has Fedor ever sold over his entire career, 2 or 3 hundred K?  Basing her PPV potential off of not being as a big a draw as a guy who has NEVER been a PPV draw sort of fails to follow any sort of logic.  Don't you think? "

ronda actually did more viewers that fedor v. werdum, but anyways, to think that how many viewers an mma fight gets has no predictive value on what type of draw the fighter will be is just silly...of course there is no 1:1 correlation, but its a very good indicator of the fighter's draw...do you think the ufc just willy-nilly went against what dana always said and caused them to create a new division? no, they kind of know what they are doing and wouldn't have taken these drastic measures if they didnt have a pretty good idea (at least a better idea than doofuses sitting at home) that she would draw

1/6/13 11:01 AM
Thacommish
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I've got no dog in the fight but saying she only did 80k less viewers than Fedor proves what, that she isn't a PPV draw either?  I mean how many PPVs combined has Fedor ever sold over his entire career, 2 or 3 hundred K?  Basing her PPV potential off of not being as a big a draw as a guy who has NEVER been a PPV draw sort of fails to follow any sort of logic.  Don't you think? "

ronda actually did more viewers that fedor v. werdum, but anyways, to think that how many viewers an mma fight gets has no predictive value on what type of draw the fighter will be is just silly...of course there is no 1:1 correlation, but its a very good indicator of the fighter's draw...do you think the ufc just willy-nilly went against what dana always said and caused them to create a new division? no, they kind of know what they are doing and wouldn't have taken these drastic measures if they didnt have a pretty good idea (at least a better idea than doofuses sitting at home) that she would draw

Just like with kimbo.
1/6/13 11:05 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of those who hope she fails are pathetic little faggots.

1/6/13 11:07 AM
JuniorCallMeMaybe

TheMentalisT - look for an all time low in PPV buys and attendance. Nobody wants to see this as the main event. its a fight i want to see, but not as the main event in the worlds #1 MMA org.

Even if some people do know Ronda after her recent success, how many fans know who the fuck Liz Carmouche is?
It's not that hard to imagine lyoto/hendo as the main and then and extra fight afterwards. Heck Brock/Frank's fight was 2nd last at UFC 100 Phone Post
1/6/13 11:08 AM
akbar87
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not as bad as Keith Jardine 7k show 7k win vs Chuck Liddell 500k
1/6/13 11:20 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Thacommish - 

Just like with kimbo.

kimbo was a big draw..he just didnt have the skills to back it up..unlike ronda

1/6/13 11:24 AM
zFugitive

Who is Rondas manager???

Seriously...every fighter needs to fire theirs and get hers lol.
1/6/13 11:50 AM
likatiga
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - Another reason I'll be watching Hendo vs Machida online, It's already BS putting rousey in the main event and screwing Machida/Hendo out of the spot but there's NO WAY I'm giving 1 cent of my $$ to go towards her pay, the main event is bad enough and 75/75 is way to F'n high but to give her a ppv cut then use Kos's comeback and Machida vs Henderson to artificially inflate her ppv numbers is going way too far.
Justify it however you want sparky, it's still stealing. Phone Post
1/6/13 12:35 PM
Random Poster

She is a one trick pony like the modern day royce gracie. her standup is on par with joe rogans. Once she loses by ko/tko, all the shoops of her cute little owie face will be epic.

It'$ entertainment though
Don't hate the player hate the game.
1/6/13 12:45 PM
Shroom
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is sad when you compare her pay to guys like Lauzon who fight their asses off and have been in the game for ages.
1/6/13 12:58 PM
Ip Man 81

Toby Lerone - People need to understand that it HAS to be the main event. It's a title fight and to have a non title fight billed above it would devalue the title before the women's division has even started.

Plus the fact that its the first fight in a new division so needs the top billing to kick start promotion of the as yet unseen division.

Same sort of situation as Bisping being billed under the flyweight title a while back. His fight was the bigger draw ad the fighters better paid but the title fight was still the main event.

There's no way the UFC can put a non title fight above a title fight without losing credibility. Phone Post
No it does not have to be the main event. They could have at least put another title fight on the card and made this the co-main. Then it actually would have had potential to be a sick card. With that said, I would watch either way. Phone Post
1/6/13 1:04 PM
epwar
533 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAinterviews - 

The fact that everyone has an opinion on Ronda Rousey proves that she is indeed a great draw. It remains to be seen what these numbers actually are, all of this is speculation and the back end money is likely where she makes her real bread anyway. Same is true for all the other guys on roster.

Remember when Dana said she was going to be a guest on TUF?  Everyone here said it would make the ratings explode.  It was the least watched episode of the season.

1/6/13 1:07 PM
epwar
533 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Who really believes Dana would only pay her 75/75 plus a cut?

No way.

Dana is on the hook for this lady and if she wants guaranteed 6 figures to show, I'd bet he would give it to her handily.

Remember, Dana doesn't promote his fighters the way he has trotted her around everywhere.

Chael is the only one who has gotten the Ronda treatment and that's saying something.

Dana said this is the Ronda Rousey show and she is guaranteed getting locker room bonus cash for every appearance she makes.

It will be amazing to watch Dana buck out like $kala after Kimbo lost when Cyborg handles her. Phone Post

I think she'll be a millionaire in a year. Ronda has that "it" factor and will make Zuffa a lot of money, IMO.

Cindy

Rousey doesn't have that "it" factor.  Gina Carano had that "it" factor.  Honestly, Dana is trying to force Rousey down everyones' throat by claiming she has that "it" factor.

1/6/13 1:45 PM
Shroom
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 
CindyO - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Who really believes Dana would only pay her 75/75 plus a cut?

No way.

Dana is on the hook for this lady and if she wants guaranteed 6 figures to show, I'd bet he would give it to her handily.

Remember, Dana doesn't promote his fighters the way he has trotted her around everywhere.

Chael is the only one who has gotten the Ronda treatment and that's saying something.

Dana said this is the Ronda Rousey show and she is guaranteed getting locker room bonus cash for every appearance she makes.

It will be amazing to watch Dana buck out like $kala after Kimbo lost when Cyborg handles her. Phone Post

I think she'll be a millionaire in a year. Ronda has that "it" factor and will make Zuffa a lot of money, IMO.

Cindy

Rousey doesn't have that "it" factor.  Gina Carano had that "it" factor.  Honestly, Dana is trying to force Rousey down everyones' throat by claiming she has that "it" factor.

More like Dana is trying to force his way down Rousey's throat.

1/6/13 2:04 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 
CindyO - 

No way.

Cindy

I disagree with Dana trying to force her down everyone's throat.

Dana didn't really give a shit about Ronda until after watching the Tate fight.  She was getting a ton of publicitiy and media coverage long before Dana hopped on the bandwagon.

1/6/13 2:11 PM
JuniorCallMeMaybe

Billytk -
JuniorCallMeMaybe - 
TheMentalisT - look for an all time low in PPV buys and attendance. Nobody wants to see this as the main event. its a fight i want to see, but not as the main event in the worlds #1 MMA org.

Even if some people do know Ronda after her recent success, how many fans know who the fuck Liz Carmouche is?
It's not that hard to imagine lyoto/hendo as the main and then and extra fight afterwards. Heck Brock/Frank's fight was 2nd last at UFC 100 Phone Post

Bad example the Brock/Frank fight was 2nd to a GSP (highest ppvs in UFC) fight not a joke sideshow fight
I'm not talking about buyrate. I'm talking about fight order. Boo fk Hoo if one fight isn't last on the card over another. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.