UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey to make $75/75 + PPV cut, Carmouche $12/12

1/6/13 2:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock vs Mir at 100 was the main, GSP was the co I believe
1/6/13 2:26 PM
epwar
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
epwar - 
CindyO - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Who really believes Dana would only pay her 75/75 plus a cut?

No way.

Dana is on the hook for this lady and if she wants guaranteed 6 figures to show, I'd bet he would give it to her handily.

Remember, Dana doesn't promote his fighters the way he has trotted her around everywhere.

Chael is the only one who has gotten the Ronda treatment and that's saying something.

Dana said this is the Ronda Rousey show and she is guaranteed getting locker room bonus cash for every appearance she makes.

It will be amazing to watch Dana buck out like $kala after Kimbo lost when Cyborg handles her. Phone Post

I think she'll be a millionaire in a year. Ronda has that "it" factor and will make Zuffa a lot of money, IMO.

Cindy

Rousey doesn't have that "it" factor.  Gina Carano had that "it" factor.  Honestly, Dana is trying to force Rousey down everyones' throat by claiming she has that "it" factor.

I disagree with Dana trying to force her down everyone's throat.

Dana didn't really give a shit about Ronda until after watching the Tate fight.  She was getting a ton of publicitiy and media coverage long before Dana hopped on the bandwagon.

She was getting some publicity in MMA circles.  After the Tate fight and Dana jumping onboard, suddenly she is on the cover of ESPN.  Hmmmmm, he surely didn't pay for that. ;-)

1/6/13 2:27 PM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/06/13 2:27 PM
liquidrob - Brock vs Mir at 100 was the main, GSP was the co I believe

Correct, but Fitch-Thiago was the last fight of the night, taking place after the main event.

1/6/13 2:39 PM
Jacinto
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 
CindyO - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Who really believes Dana would only pay her 75/75 plus a cut?

No way.

Dana is on the hook for this lady and if she wants guaranteed 6 figures to show, I'd bet he would give it to her handily.

Remember, Dana doesn't promote his fighters the way he has trotted her around everywhere.

Chael is the only one who has gotten the Ronda treatment and that's saying something.

Dana said this is the Ronda Rousey show and she is guaranteed getting locker room bonus cash for every appearance she makes.

It will be amazing to watch Dana buck out like $kala after Kimbo lost when Cyborg handles her. Phone Post

I think she'll be a millionaire in a year. Ronda has that "it" factor and will make Zuffa a lot of money, IMO.

Cindy

Rousey doesn't have that "it" factor.  Gina Carano had that "it" factor.  Honestly, Dana is trying to force Rousey down everyones' throat by claiming she has that "it" factor.

This.

If he thinks she is gonna be the next Gina then i believe he is gonna be sadly mistaken.
1/6/13 5:05 PM
likatiga
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ticktick -
likatiga - 
Billytk - Another reason I'll be watching Hendo vs Machida online, It's already BS putting rousey in the main event and screwing Machida/Hendo out of the spot but there's NO WAY I'm giving 1 cent of my $$ to go towards her pay, the main event is bad enough and 75/75 is way to F'n high but to give her a ppv cut then use Kos's comeback and Machida vs Henderson to artificially inflate her ppv numbers is going way too far.
Justify it however you want sparky, it's still stealing. Phone Post

If you pay an ISP for a service anything you find online is for free unless an actual payment is required. I'll be streaming this card as well as most people do these days anyways. I occasionally buy a card when I'm hosting but why pay for pussy when you can get it for free.

Tell that to your boss...
Not sure what you mean about the boss thing.

The justification that you make for yourself in your little head doesn't change the fact that you're stealing.

It's all good, keep stealing if you need to, I'll keep paying for things I want. Phone Post
1/6/13 6:28 PM
mofomike
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Caramouche Phone Post
1/6/13 7:34 PM
MMAinterviews
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Interviews, owner
likatiga -  I don't know either way if the number is right or wrong, but if you want to be legit you verify your source's info. If, during that verification process you get a denial or contrary information, you have no info. To run a story headlined by refuted info, then you're a hack.

MMA Journalism needs to come out of the dark ages like MMA itself did. Phone Post

You are correct. The problem was that by the time I finally heard back from her manager and he refuted the numbers, the article had already been posted and this thread had already run rampid.

1/6/13 7:36 PM
MMAinterviews
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Interviews, owner
Billytk - Another reason I'll be watching Hendo vs Machida online, It's already BS putting rousey in the main event and screwing Machida/Hendo out of the spot but there's NO WAY I'm giving 1 cent of my $$ to go towards her pay, the main event is bad enough and 75/75 is way to F'n high but to give her a ppv cut then use Kos's comeback and Machida vs Henderson to artificially inflate her ppv numbers is going way too far.

It's a title fight. If it wasn't or if there was another title fight on the card, it would not be the main event.

1/6/13 8:41 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder if she got a signing bonus as well. They overpaid for her just like they did Lombard. Phone Post
1/6/13 8:52 PM
likatiga
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAinterviews -
likatiga -  I don't know either way if the number is right or wrong, but if you want to be legit you verify your source's info. If, during that verification process you get a denial or contrary information, you have no info. To run a story headlined by refuted info, then you're a hack.

MMA Journalism needs to come out of the dark ages like MMA itself did. Phone Post

You are correct. The problem was that by the time I finally heard back from her manager and he refuted the numbers, the article had already been posted and this thread had already run rampid.

Fair enough. Sorry about the hack comment and thanks for a polite response, I might have told myself to go fuck myself. Phone Post
1/7/13 5:41 AM
UnbreakableT
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope the other girl Liz wins would throw a wrench in their plan Phone Post
1/7/13 8:40 AM
dfw jr
1721 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interviews whoever the hell they are is full of shit

1/7/13 8:52 AM
UGCTT_xxzygotexx
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -

The bald father spoke!
On a related note, main event or not, im looking forward to this card, esp since its in my backyard! Somehow,
I need to score tix! Phone Post
1/7/13 9:03 AM
lifeaftrprison
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -

SOURCE ? Phone Post
1/7/13 9:10 AM
BRZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lifeaftrprison -
dfw jr -

SOURCE ? Phone Post
BLAF is the source Phone Post
1/7/13 10:39 AM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - 

lol, impressively concise, as usual.

1/7/13 10:39 AM
Letibleu
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 10:41 AM
The way it unfolded was kinda weird. Who are these guys anyway? Bloggers? Actual reporters? Weird internet TMZ?

I certainly hope a main event fighter on PPV is not making 12K to show. No manager in their right mind would let that happen which is why it sounded fishy from the start.
1/7/13 10:47 AM
jarredmercado

This is great for Carmouche. Her pay for her last fight was $2,500 and her sponsors will likely be 10x what she previously received. Add in the amount of exposure and press she will receive leading up to the and she should be thrilled with the opportunity.
1/7/13 10:51 AM
Letibleu
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
Letibleu - The way it unfolded was kinda weird. Who are these guys anyway? Bloggers? Actual reporters? Weird internet TMZ?

I certainly hope a main event fighter on PPV is not making 12K to show. No manager in their right mind would let that happen which is why it sounded fishy from the start.

That's a lot for a woman.  What no manager is his or her right mind would do is risk his or her fighter's chance at the belt for a few thousand more.

With the belt comes everything.  I'm sure most fighters know having the shot is more important than not accepting a certain amount to go along with it out of principle.

Congrats on setting WMMA back a few years.

A main event fighter is a main event fighter. Doesnt matter if it is a girl, a boy, a Brazilian, a black dude, a Brit or even a Strikeforce fighter. 12K for show is not main event pay. The UFC is not known to underpay their fighters and 12K is not the right number.

We are not talking Anderson Silva money, we are talking main event money.

Thank fuck you arent a promoter.
1/7/13 10:53 AM
Letibleu

...or a manager.
1/7/13 10:58 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

MMAinterviews - 

im no journalist, but aren't supposed to get at least 1 confirmation from good source before running with a story?

1/7/13 11:02 AM
Shakwon
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -

Haha /thread Phone Post
1/7/13 12:38 PM
pegson123

Stop acting like a bunch of coked up whores. A main eventer is a main eventer. u are what u bring. you get paid what your worth. And I think Ronda is worth every penny there. 

1/7/13 2:50 PM
MMAinterviews

MMA Interviews, owner
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
MMAinterviews - 

im no journalist, but aren't supposed to get at least 1 confirmation from good source before running with a story?

Wait and see how accurate these numbers are. We stand by the report and it's validity of being released. 

1/7/13 2:54 PM
MMAinterviews

MMA Interviews, owner
Letibleu - The way it unfolded was kinda weird. Who are these guys anyway? Bloggers? Actual reporters? Weird internet TMZ?

Yes it was odd, because we were unable to get comment until after it was already posted. Bottom line, our source was valid enough to make a report on it, and we still stand by the report despite getting a comment from Rousey's manager refuting it and Dana White saying it is false.

All we can say is wait and see what the commission numbers are following the fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.