UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 157 POSTER DESIGN CONTEST

1/7/13 10:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, frens! Here's an alternate, I didn't like the bottom in the first.

1/7/13 10:18 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -

I believe I just set things right with this one, DS.

I love this Phone Post
1/7/13 10:40 PM
yellow's Tap In
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

Sick work man! So much better than that ufc bullplop
1/7/13 10:49 PM
Ansari
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Turkey bag boy - 
yellow wrkahlc -

Sick as fuck. You should make all the UFC posters Phone Post
yellow's Tap In - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

It's not that different than what the UFC puts out, it's very similar actually... And that's not meant as a shot at yellow wrkahlc, the poster's good, but it's annoying to see people bash the UFC posters then go and praise designs just like them because they're not by the UFC. It comes off as very hipster to me.

1/7/13 10:51 PM
yellow's Tap In
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ansari - 
Turkey bag boy - 
yellow wrkahlc -

yellow's Tap In - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

It's not that different than what the UFC puts out, it's very similar actually... And that's not meant as a shot at yellow wrkahlc, the poster's good, but it's annoying to see people bash the UFC posters then go and praise designs just like them because they're not by the UFC. It comes off as very hipster to me.

It's similar to their better works yes, I think he purposely kept it in the same vein. Dude does graphic arts, he knows what he's doing, it's a style. I much prefer Cecil People's pride style, but for ufc style, yellow did 100 times better than the real poster.

Ps you don't know what hipster means
1/7/13 10:54 PM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ansari - 
Turkey bag boy - 
yellow wrkahlc -

yellow's Tap In - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

This is my profession, what can you expect? Something like this?:

^Posters like these miss the point. Damn Severn wanted a serious poster, so I gave him one, fren.

I'm capable of something like this, of course, so if that's what you guys want, I'll make another.

1/7/13 10:55 PM
yellow's Tap In

DamnSevern - 
Smellde Gluve - 
DamnSevern - 

no worries dude, appreciate any contributions

Cool. Sadly I'm not good enough to do anything seriously good looking.

hey man give it a shot, it doesnt have to be too elaborate.  It can be a pride style one 

here are a few ive made in the past,  nothing more than decent

I can't even fathom how much those 141 and 142 posters would be worth if they used those and had them signed by the card. Also can't fathom how ufc employees can see these and still put out the kind of shit that they do
1/7/13 10:56 PM
Ansari
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 
Ansari - It's not that different than what the UFC puts out, it's very similar actually... And that's not meant as a shot at yellow wrkahlc, the poster's good, but it's annoying to see people bash the UFC posters then go and praise designs just like them because they're not by the UFC. It comes off as very hipster to me.

^Posters like these miss the point. Damn Severn wanted a serious poster, so I gave him one, fren.

I'm capable of something like this, of course, so if that's what you guys want, I'll make another.

I like that and the first one you posted. My comment wasn't a shot at you or your design.

1/7/13 10:56 PM
yellow's Tap In

yellow wrkahlc - 
Ansari - 
Turkey bag boy - 
yellow wrkahlc -

yellow's Tap In - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Needs more birds
1/7/13 10:58 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Ansari - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
Ansari - It's not that different than what the UFC puts out, it's very similar actually... And that's not meant as a shot at yellow wrkahlc, the poster's good, but it's annoying to see people bash the UFC posters then go and praise designs just like them because they're not by the UFC. It comes off as very hipster to me.

I like that and the first one you posted. My comment wasn't a shot at you or your design.

I know it wasn't meant as an insult, fren. We good.

And you're right Tap In, it DOES need more berds.

1/7/13 11:00 PM
Ansari

yellow's Tap In - 
Ps you don't know what hipster means

Using any reason to go against what's mainstream, in this case the UFC, is hipster to me.

1/7/13 11:01 PM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 11:14 PM

yellow wrkahlc I would like if it you could make a pride style poster! (If it's not too much trouble) Ps that overeem poster is incredible

Also calling peoples cecil for a pride style poster.

edit I meant damnseverns overeem brock poster.  that's some good stuff damn

1/7/13 11:01 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good work yellow, I can't stand the "official" UFC posters, they are so bland. It's hard to believe someone out there gets paid good money to whip them up in 10mins.

1/7/13 11:04 PM
yellow wrkahlc

I didn't make that Lesnar vs. Birds poster lol tbh, I think it's atrocious, but once again, it's because I get paid to do clean, uniform work.

I'll do a pride style right now, frens. Who else wants to join me!?

1/7/13 11:11 PM
Voiceinthedesert
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin -  Can't believe the UFC graphic designers made the mistake of putting Urijah Faber on the poster twice. Speechless! Phone Post

Good eye!
1/7/13 11:30 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Joshua J King - 
yellow wrkahlc -

A. The color scheme steals the show.

B. the Hendo/Machida poses are awesome.

C. Absent of haterade. I would have went with the fade out at the bottom,accentuating their abs nicely.

Good job. Phone Post

Here's your C.

I felt the same way right after ;P

1/7/13 11:37 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -
Ansari - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

It took you two fucking minutes to add all those birds? Phone Post
1/8/13 3:00 AM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

Now that's a GREAT looking poster.

1/8/13 3:03 AM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow's Tap In - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
Ansari - 
Turkey bag boy - 
yellow wrkahlc -

yellow's Tap In - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Needs more birds

Hahaha. That made me laugh out loud, seriously. The comment, not the poster.

VTFU

1/8/13 3:06 AM
Smellde Gluve

And Severn, your poster with Aldo is seriously the most awesome fight poster I've ever seen. 

Totally amazing.

VTFU!

1/8/13 3:16 AM
Tap In

AllAmericanBoxing - 
yellow wrkahlc -
Ansari - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

It's an (in)famous thread on sherdog

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f7/sick-reem-vs-brock-ufc-141-poster-1824425/
1/8/13 3:27 AM
Fedors Jim Jams
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tap In - 
AllAmericanBoxing - 
yellow wrkahlc -
Ansari - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

It's an (in)famous thread on sherdog

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f7/sick-reem-vs-brock-ufc-141-poster-1824425/

moar berds!!!
1/8/13 3:38 AM
Bromovich
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -

Dope! Phone Post
1/8/13 4:01 PM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

dope!  love the color scheme

1/8/13 5:29 PM
Willin
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yellow, how dare you cut out Ronda's derriere on the second version of your poster. That thing should be front and center... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.