UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> petition for showtime to sign wsof!

1/8/13 12:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NYmmanow265
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see this as the perfect org for Showtime they have a huge roster now and seem primed for big things if someone gives them a tv deal

They remind me of a young strikeforce in a way

Arlovski
Rumble
Torres
Nam
Leites
Filho
Spong
Burkman
Harris
Gracie x3

I'd add guys like Cro Copand Sylvia(only to see Arlovski vs Sylvia 5 and 6) and maybe work a fighter exchange with Ksw to get access to khalidov, Materla, Blachowicz, Pudz and more I'm sure Ksw would love to have arlovski fight in Ksw

Please sign it's good for mma!

They should als add invicta and king of the cage(as a proving ground were woof fighters can stay busy)

One boxing wsof koc and invicta card a month would be awesome night of fights every Saturday
1/8/13 2:01 PM
NYmmanow265
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
1/8/13 2:09 PM
Standup29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe they are already on NBC Sports. Not sure what that would mean with regards to being on Showtime. TBH I don't really understand what NBC Sports is, I currently live in Holland. Phone Post
1/8/13 2:30 PM
danggook
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Standup29 - I believe they are already on NBC Sports. Not sure what that would mean with regards to being on Showtime. TBH I don't really understand what NBC Sports is, I currently live in Holland. Phone Post
Nbc sports is renamed versus network, and the network wec was on. Wsof won't get signed to showtime due to existing deal with nbc Phone Post
1/8/13 2:33 PM
NYmmanow265

Standup29 -  I believe they are already on NBC Sports. Not sure what that would mean with regards to being on Showtime. TBH I don't really understand what NBC Sports is, I currently live in Holland. Phone Post

As far as I know the nbc sports was a event deal that wsof paid for....they want nbc sports to sign them or another channel like showtime....nbc sports is a secondary channel to nbc network like msnbc
1/8/13 2:33 PM
Give2FranksFight
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Legacy FC Phone Post
1/8/13 2:34 PM
lifeaftrprison
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was under the impression the NBCsports deal was a pay for air spot. That WSOF paid to get on the air and there was no deal in place for future shows. Unless a deal has been struck since I think they are open Phone Post
1/8/13 3:08 PM
shorebreaker420
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wsof has a decent chance to make a lil run, why fuck it up by sending it to showtime? Those guys can't run shit and who are they going to get, Coker to run it? Wsof has deep poker pockets I doubt there that desperete at this point Phone Post
1/8/13 3:51 PM
NYmmanow265

shorebreaker420 -  Wsof has a decent chance to make a lil run, why fuck it up by sending it to showtime? Those guys can't run shit and who are they going to get, Coker to run it? Wsof has deep poker pockets I doubt there that desperete at this point Phone Post

I don't see how getting a contract with a premium cable network would be a bad thing....
1/8/13 8:16 PM
NYmmanow265

Ttt
1/8/13 8:59 PM
Lazer MMA

TTT
1/9/13 9:39 AM
NYmmanow265

Ttt
1/16/13 4:39 PM
kwjude

Hearing that WSOF is working on a co-promotion with ProElite
1/16/13 4:41 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give2FranksFight -  *Legacy FC Phone Post

^this

1/16/13 5:02 PM
Dawkins

Too many big names. they will be luck to last 2 years
1/16/13 5:14 PM
PartsGuy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about a petition to stop stupid petition threads that are useless. Do you really think that Showtime will sign WSOF because a few guys signed an online petition on the UG?
1/16/13 5:21 PM
MMALOGIC

showtime is interested in Glory.  if they were gonna continue in MMA they would have signed somebody by now.  there are no viable mma options for showtime. Showtime is looking hard at Glory.

1/16/13 5:24 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lifeaftrprison -  I was under the impression the NBCsports deal was a pay for air spot. That WSOF paid to get on the air and there was no deal in place for future shows. Unless a deal has been struck since I think they are open Phone Post

That as the impression I got, there was nothing set for the future, and the future of the org was up in the air, but maybe I missed something

1/16/13 5:27 PM
Chris27

MMALOGIC - 

showtime is interested in Glory.  if they were gonna continue in MMA they would have signed somebody by now.  there are no viable mma options for showtime. Showtime is looking hard at Glory.

so is spike, it sounds like Spike might get Glory.

I dont knwo how true it is but on mmajunkies rumor page they have WSOF 2 set for NBC SPorts on March 9th.

I dont know if thats confirmed or not but if thats true that means NBC SPorts and WSOF locked up a deal.

1/17/13 1:10 AM
MMALOGIC

^ yeah Glory looks like it will either end up with spike or showtime... the thing is if showtime really wants it, I dont believe spike will be able to get it.  look at the programming on both networks... in general spike cant compete on programming with showtime.

NBC sports has been replaying the first wsof regularly... it's cheap content for them... as long as it remains cheap i suspect they'll continue having it.  THe problem is i dont think wsof can afford to keep being paid for "cheap" content for very long.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.