UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official Toronto Maple Leaf's Thread

1/9/13 1:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_BTown
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what i'm seeing is that Burke opposed the Luongo deal (10 years) and management wants to proceed on that front
1/9/13 1:07 PM
Mexican Janitor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_BTown - what i'm seeing is that Burke opposed the Luongo deal (10 years) and management wants to proceed on that front
I'm behind Burke 100%. Trading our (limited) assets for a goalie in his mid 30's to make a run at 9th. Typical MSLE bullshit Phone Post
1/9/13 1:07 PM
UGCTT_BTown
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

feed to the pressconference at 1:45 for those interested

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/maple_leafs_fire_brian_burke_press_conference/
1/9/13 1:09 PM
UGCTT_BTown

i hear MJ i liked Burke. Nonis will be more than capable to handle this going foward on am interm basis.

I heard it is was gonna be Kadri and Bozak going the other way, which i think i'd be ok with
1/9/13 1:13 PM
dogfb
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If thats all we need to lose to get luongo, I can live with that. 

1/9/13 1:13 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The end of blarney as we knew it.
1/9/13 1:17 PM
Stache
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexican Janitor - 
UGCTT_BTown - what i'm seeing is that Burke opposed the Luongo deal (10 years) and management wants to proceed on that front
I'm behind Burke 100%. Trading our (limited) assets for a goalie in his mid 30's to make a run at 9th. Typical MSLE bullshit Phone Post

Business as usual.
1/9/13 1:20 PM
PJ Benn Fan
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Season just got a hell of a lot more interesting for leaf fans!

1/9/13 1:22 PM
hubris
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what is this obsession with Luongo? damn that will be a disaster
1/9/13 1:24 PM
UGCTT_BTown

Mexican Janitor - 

Curtis Joseph and Ed Belfour came in, in thier twilight years and played well...i think Luongo could thrive here. Especially if he could backstop into the playoff.
1/9/13 1:26 PM
UGCTT_BTown

hubris - what is this obsession with Luongo? damn that will be a disaster

Reimer and Scrivens 29th placed tandem in the League.
Might have something to do with wanting a legit #1
1/9/13 1:43 PM
Mexican Janitor

UGCTT_BTown -
Mexican Janitor - 

Curtis Joseph and Ed Belfour came in, in thier twilight years and played well...i think Luongo could thrive here. Especially if he could backstop into the playoff.
We had a complete team when Cujo and Ed were between the pipes. This roster finished 5th worst in the league with a shit load of dead weight. Now trade our prospects for a goalie that will have a short lived run to make 9th. Rinse repeat and miss then playoffs for 8 straight years. Phone Post
1/9/13 1:56 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not down with Burke being relieved of GM duties
1/9/13 1:59 PM
Mexican Janitor

Lun8 - Not down with Burke being relieved of GM duties
Would make more sense if the other Br(y)an in Toronto got fired Phone Post
1/9/13 2:03 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Phil Kessel trade will go down as one of the most lopsided in NHL history.

That is the Burke legacy in Toronto.
1/9/13 2:04 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexican Janitor -
MrColdCock -
Mexican Janitor - Avid Leafs fans, follow them religiously, and emotional attached to the team. Something I'm not proud of...but I was born a Leafs fan.

That being said, I was really hoping the lockout would last after the cancellation of the winter classic. We finished 5th worst and were guaranteed another top pick and would have had the most cap space in franchise history to play with (since the installation) We're still in a good position with the cap, but my worst nightmare if this team finishes 9-11th in the standings and miss out on a game changing prospect. It was damn good to see the boys back on the ice though.... Phone Post
LOL. Gotta love this. Lifelong Leafs fan's worst nightmare is to improve. That folks is how you stay a lifelong Leafs fan.

Former 10 year fan here. Phone Post
How is missing the playoffs and not drafting a blue chip prospect going to improve them? That's the worst position to be in sports you dumb piece of shit Phone Post
Ya because the Leafs have a long storied history of success in the draft.

The hope that the team tanks hard year after year is the only hope Leaf fans have unfortunately.

As a fan, I'd much rather watch my team fight for a playoff spot. Phone Post
1/9/13 2:11 PM
Mexican Janitor

MrColdCock -
Mexican Janitor -
MrColdCock -
Mexican Janitor - Avid Leafs fans, follow them religiously, and emotional attached to the team. Something I'm not proud of...but I was born a Leafs fan.

That being said, I was really hoping the lockout would last after the cancellation of the winter classic. We finished 5th worst and were guaranteed another top pick and would have had the most cap space in franchise history to play with (since the installation) We're still in a good position with the cap, but my worst nightmare if this team finishes 9-11th in the standings and miss out on a game changing prospect. It was damn good to see the boys back on the ice though.... Phone Post
LOL. Gotta love this. Lifelong Leafs fan's worst nightmare is to improve. That folks is how you stay a lifelong Leafs fan.

Former 10 year fan here. Phone Post
How is missing the playoffs and not drafting a blue chip prospect going to improve them? That's the worst position to be in sports you dumb piece of shit Phone Post
Ya because the Leafs have a long storied history of success in the draft.

The hope that the team tanks hard year after year is the only hope Leaf fans have unfortunately.

As a fan, I'd much rather watch my team fight for a playoff spot. Phone Post
Fight hard for 9th and miss the playoffs for 8 straight years. Unfortunately this is the same rhetoric used by management. Fucking pathetic...this team was finally building right. I swear if they add Gardiner for the Lu deal I'll fucking snap. Phone Post
1/9/13 2:11 PM
Sex Chicken
797 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogfb -

If thats all we need to lose to get luongo, I can live with that. 

I agree completely. You can't just factor what we're giving up. You have to figure in where we're improving. Reimer and Scrivins are not NHL quality goaltending and goaltending is always an expensive gamble. Phone Post
1/9/13 2:17 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexican Janitor - 
Lun8 - Not down with Burke being relieved of GM duties
Would make more sense if the other Br(y)an in Toronto got fired Phone Post

yeah I dunno why they are so patient with that goon
1/9/13 2:17 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF Nonis, TML fans happy with him? Seems like a bad pick to me, all he does is follow Burkie around.
1/9/13 2:18 PM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lymond - WTF Nonis, TML fans happy with him? Seems like a bad pick to me, all he does is follow Burkie around.

To be honest he was doing most of Burke's work.  By the sound of that news conference Burke was let go because new owners don't like his tough guy style.  So they shifted to Nonis who has the same vision but is more democratic.

1/9/13 2:23 PM
Lun8

Megatherium - The Phil Kessel trade will go down as one of the most lopsided in NHL history.

That is the Burke legacy in Toronto.

Kessel trade aside, every other deal Burke made the leafs came out on top. Kaberle for a first round and colborne, trading two dusters blake and toskala for giguere, beacheman gone for Lupul and jake Gardiner, the Phaneuf trade was amazing. brett lebda an slaney for Franson and Lombardi, 2nd round pick for John Michael Liles.
I would love Luongo to be in Toronto, but the asking price is gonna be riddiculous not to mention his huge contract.
1/9/13 2:37 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Kessel trade wasn't that bad. It could have been a disaster, but Kessel has, and will continue to overachieve. Phone Post
1/9/13 4:11 PM
UGCTT_BTown

Mexican Janitor - 
UGCTT_BTown -
Mexican Janitor - 

We had a complete team when Cujo and Ed were between the pipes. This roster finished 5th worst in the league with a shit load of dead weight. Now trade our prospects for a goalie that will have a short lived run to make 9th. Rinse repeat and miss then playoffs for 8 straight years. Phone Post

I hear what you are saying...Kadri is no longer a prospect imo but a bust. He's on the 3rd line on the Marlies ...Luongo has at least 5 good years left easy. Good goaltending will take you a long way...especially in a 48 game season...now is the perfect time to add Luongo
1/9/13 4:32 PM
Mexican Janitor

UGCTT_BTown -
Mexican Janitor - 
UGCTT_BTown -
Mexican Janitor - 

I hear what you are saying...Kadri is no longer a prospect imo but a bust. He's on the 3rd line on the Marlies ...Luongo has at least 5 good years left easy. Good goaltending will take you a long way...especially in a 48 game season...now is the perfect time to add Luongo
Luongo won't put up the numbers he did with Canucks in Toronto. This team isn't ready to compete...they finished 5th worst in the league... enjoy a playoff run with Conolly, Mac, Lombardi and a depleted team. Instead of working with the prospects, clearing the dead weight, and moving forward with cap space...enter Luongo and half ass playoff runs. W/e go leads go Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.